San Diego Comic Con 2018 - Collector Preview Breakfast

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onslaught24, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Runamuck86

Runamuck86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a few Hotrods but none look quite close enough to the original one . I always prefered how that one transformed especially his head and spoiler .

2. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

I don't think I would be into that Chromia, maybe one of the others like (I think it was) Lancer? I could see that. Either way, I'm not much a fan of that Ironhide as Ironhide, he looks kind of "off" to me and I originally thought, based on his altmode, that he was Perceptor (like the Generations one, the snow truck thing). The Micromasters, fuck dude. I don't like them because of how they don't fit into the rest of TF figures (a tiny fire truck? Really?) BUT outside of regular TF figures I can see these guys being PERFECTLY scaled for Metroplex and such. I'm totally down with that!
    Dude, I HOPE they have more then Cog (And Six Shot) planned! I really hated that about POTP having only Battletrap being the only Doucon in the line. Stupid waste of a wave to not have more of them. I fear Six Shot and Cog will end up being the only two of this type in the line.

• Like Like x 3
  3. BidoofdudeofOz

BidoofdudeofOz The Stench of Discovery

I’m so excited for Frenzy but what the hell is with the blue eyes? Guess I’ll have to do a sloppy red over it. Hopefully the set goes on clearance like the silver Optimus with G1 Grimlock set from AOE.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok Allspark.com has a interesting interview with John Warden at the breakfast preview up. New Info About War For Cybertron and More from the Hasbro Preview Breakfast
    Important notes about siege
    * Seems to be going the path of studio series that they are aiming for bot scale With the War for Cybertron trilogy, Hasbro hopes to reset the bar, and one way in which they’re attempting to do this is to set a uniform scale. Robot sizes (especially) should resemble how one expects their sizes to relate to each other from past media. Ironhide may be a bit tall for a deluxe, having been somewhat tall compared to other Autobots in the cartoon, but he’s still shorter than, say, Optimus Prime or Ultra Magnus (Voyager and Leader class, respectively).
    *War for Cybertron: Siege is intentionally trying to capture the essence of the cartoon pilot from 1984. He frequently used the phrase “this is their last day on Cybertron”
    * The weathering effect on the toys is intentional, in part to connote that point in Transformers history, but they tried to keep it to a minimum on certain figures (he specifically cited Sideswipe)
    *action master homages are being made in the battlemaster class because there are only so many target masters that could be done.
    *They’re not looking to have any line-wide gimmick that would interfere with the character of the robots this time, and instead focus on better articulation, for example. That said, this line does feature a line-wide combat system, wherein the Battle Masters (Micromasters and Targetmasters under a new name) feature little accessories like fire blasts or flame trails that can be used with other robots (or their weapons) to help fans create diorama or customize a specific look. This way, fans who want to keep their robots in display positions as they came out of the box and fans who prefer action poses can both find something that works for them.
    *Hasbro is attempting to make sure that eras other than just G1 are also homaged. Hence, Ultra Magnus’ vehicle mode is essentially is RiD vehicle mode. Ultra Magnus utilizes essentially the same technology as that used for Rodimus Prime in PotP to utilize Magnus’s white inner robot mode and give him armor constructed from the trailer. This feature will appear in other toys in the upcoming line, as well.
    Other notes not siege
    *talks about potp combiner names for starscream and inferno
    * talks about the names for the unused fan vote primes specifically arcee (“Arcana Magnus” )And how they had plans for each one with designs ready (rip my star saber) He was especially proud of the one he’d done for Hound. "I encouraged him, if they could find a way to make it happen, to release such plans to the fans at some future point, knowing that we have an interest in seeing such things." While he stressed that they don’t want to confuse casual fans, he agreed that this would be something worth showcasing some day.
    *The G1 reissues already announced (and on display at the preview) are the entirety of Wave 1. If there are to be any more, Warden’s clearly not at liberty to say just yet, but he did give the standard reply that if they do well, a Wave 2 is certainly possible

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 13
  5. pluto

pluto Banned

Look if we just get cog and sixgun that is probably all the interplay the whole line is gonna need. but i won't look down my nose at a fasttrack or what have you...!

I...don't hate the ironhide? he looks like a kinda lame space-tarago and there is large part of me that is charmed by that. also his rocket-hammer is bananas and i love it. ironhide: a big dumb weirdo who shouldnt be as neat as he is.

As for micromasters; scale tends to bother me less when they're just called MICROMASTERS cuz i am a child and everything is fine if you just say it is supposed to be tiny on purpose? idk man brains are weird.

now that you say that thing about tiny firetruck though...

• Like Like x 1
  6. w00t

w00t Well-Known Member

I love the idea of the Deluxe sized Weaponizers, I hope we get more than just Cog and Six Gun. I'd love a character with wings and a jet pack that we can add onto other characters and please please one of them has to have some gatling guns.

• Like Like x 6
  7. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I forgot how utterly tragic those cassette molds were, sheesh. Sad that in 2016 (especially with how good most of Titans Return was) they couldn’t make a better bot mode then 82-83 (whenever those micro change molds originated). Rumble and Frenzy with Rewind/Ejects bodies just doesn’t work for me either...

• Like Like x 1
  8. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm thinking that's because TR Soundwave was meant to be a Boze style speaker for mini tablets.

The BB film is set in the 80s so they adjusted him to be an 80s boombox with a radio.

It might be interesting if any other Prime trilogy retools wind up in the BB line because this suggests they might get a 1980s makeover.

Still kinda hoping for an "Evolutions" pack with TR Scout Bumblebee reshelled as a VW bug.

• Like Like x 3
  9. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    No Volkswagon Beetle Bumblebees for years and years, and then suddenly -- BAM. A whole bunch of them at the same time.

I'm really liking that Ultra Magnus. Maybe better than the CW/UW, which I was not expecting.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    After having done things right since the start of CW, Hasbro is now moving the brand into the wrong direction
    It would have been better if they had continued updating things year per year.
    But I'm happy I can now complete my chug carbots at least.
    UM looks great, but it seems the CW has better interaction with legends in vehicle mode.
    And I like the cab-bot, but I don't really need him.
    I might rebuy Chromia, Ironhide and Hound.

• Like Like x 2
  11. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm really liking a lot of what I see. The UM is great, really like Hound, Sideswipe, Ironhide and Chromia and really digging the G1 reissues

12. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    Hey now I can like both! :D  I do vastly prefer the game designs but I've accepted the sad truth that we will never see anything more from the Cybertron games outside of Planet X's incredible offerings. This new line does an awesome job of updating the G1 designs in a way that is different from the games but also really cool. I'm super excited to see what they do with Wheeljack in this line. Dare I hope they give us Grimlock again so soon? The PotP figure is good but flawed and hell, if we can get Prime, Megs, Bee, and Screamer every wave why not Grimlock too? Yes I'm aware this is supposed to be pre-Earth but crazier things have happened.

13. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    I do get this and the CW figure remains a solid, great looking UM...but damn. I want both! They each offer something different, IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

The legs on the new one. Perfect .

Chromia is a buy, sideswipe and hound also. The rest I dont know. Btw where is my cons!

• Like Like x 1
  15. GoldDeadEnd

GoldDeadEnd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or Eject.

Er...I mean a Rewind redeco. The condor mold would make a horrible Eject.

16. Autoboty

Autoboty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Welcome to the Matrix...

• Like Like x 4
  17. Louise Belcher

Louise Belcher Autobot loves Android

News Credits:
    I'm not sure about that. Ovarall, it seems TF sales are declining and less and less stores carry them.

18. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's Buzzsaw

Adam Pawlus on Twitter

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for clearing the confusion Still mad they did a toy accurate buzzsaw when we have a cartoon yellow one when they should of did garboil to go with howlback. I don't why they were told it was lazerbeak at first.

20. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    The toy accurate colors for Buzzsaw is supposed to go with the toy accurate redeco of Soundwave.

• Like Like x 2