San Diego Comic Con 2018 - Bee Movie Panel

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onslaught24, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I keep thinking there must have been a misunderstanding here and that, even if it isn’t Starscream, it can’t be Blitzwing either.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RavageG1

RavageG1 Well-Known Member

This Starswing business reminded me of a scene from Last Action Hero

3. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Wishing for a reboot

People just don’t seem to understand this, so I’m gonna say it again:

This was never intended to be a reboot. From the beginning of its production, it was a prequel. Not a different universe. They started production of this movie before the live action movies were even announced to be cancelled.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:

So a guy saw a tiny Blue elf looking creature with a white hat and called it a Smurf, and you said it was a troll. Then through some garbage twist you were right...

I guess what I'm saying, is that, the fact that the majority thought it was Starscream, based on the prerponerance of visual evidence means that the design is flawed not the viewers conclusion.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  5. DinoSnarl

DinoSnarl Obese chocoholic

News Credits:
    I don't know how you came up with that. The viewer's conclusion is still wrong because they wouldn't accept the possibility of the character being called anything else.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Whatever the reasoning that led to Blitzwing cosplaying as Starscream, the memes posted on social media after it Paramount revealed that seeker guy is Blitzwing are hilarious.

Wonder what Di Bonaventura is going to say next time when someone asks him if they're rebooting.

Prime might as well be renamed Guiltaur just to cover the bases

• Like Like x 2
  7. Revan1307

Revan1307 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  8. JennAvenger

JennAvenger Well-Known Member

Starscream is blitzwing is starscream
    Shrek is hulk is shrek
    Michael Bay is stupid is Michael Bay
    Travis knight is idiot is travis knight
    Bumblebee is cliffjumper is bumblebee
    Hailee steinfield is shia Labeuff is Hailee steinfield..
    Megatron is galvtron is megatron

I guess there is some truth to tat...

9. Majestic Senzu

Majestic Senzu City Commander

Didn't they say Blitzwing wasn't a triple changer? Yet, Shatter and Dropkick are?

Why?

"We are catering to G1 fans". "3 of the Decepticons are nothing like G1, especially the one FROM G1". These movies just made the weirdest decisions sometimes...

• Like Like x 3
  10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Man... This BlitzScream discussion and its cause are what is wrong with the franchise.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Majestic Senzu

Don't have a problem with Blitzwing in the movies. I love Blitzwing; he was my favorite in Animated. I just think it's silly to take one of his defining characteristics (triple changing) away. I could be wrong though; maybe they are all triple changers? And many other characters have had defining characteristics removed or changed. Excited for Blitzwing to show up, but I'm not going to pretend the single alt-mode (and the apparent lack of face-swapping) isn't annoying.

I agree with @SPLIT LIP though; Knight may not have chosen the name. Maybe Hasbro is behind the strange naming of the TF movies...

12. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I'll cop to the fact that I was foolish to believe that the BB movie could maybe be a reboot of some kind, and hang that all on a 'geewun'ish' looking jet-former. That's on me...But Blitzscream is still an odd development.

I've gone through a weird life cycle with the films...Back in 2007 I loved it, then in 2009 with ROTF I was an apologist for the movies, then at some point during the production of DOTM I admitted to defeat that the movies were the worst thing ever, and then accepted it once the 3rd film actually came out. From there on the movies had become a personal embarrassment for me that the following AOE, and especially TLK, hammered home...Now, after the back and forth between fans over this...I think I may very well have gotten to the point of even resenting the very movie fans that I use to be a part of...Ironic...I feel like I've reformed from a cult or something.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    59050A5A-2D62-4FA7-8283-5E13B35B6369.gif

• Like Like x 13
  14. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Well, let's see here:
    There are a large number of people on these boards that threat anything that doesn't copy G1 in a very specific way as garbage, no matter it's actually quality. And plenty of times these people then complain in a thread (usually a thread about something they already stated they don't like) about how much they hate it (in no constructive way, whatsoever), and anytime someone tries to point out how complaining because it isn't like G1 in whatever way, they get ridiculed and raked over the coals for that. Then you get those same people who will talk about how G1 something is (making any point, but making sure to point out how it's so G1 and so on, such as people in this thread complaining about the name being put on this design, even though Starscream in this universe, also doesn't look like this), and when anyone else points out how it's not about that or try to explain how it shouldn't be G1/shouldn't have to be G1 and point out the fallacy of their argument, they play the victim and act like they are the ones being bullied. So, how are they not hypocrites? Maybe we need to pay attention when someone acts like that in some way, instead of labeling anyone with common sense stating how this isn't supposed to be like G1 as the hypocrite.

15. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    Again, the only thing you always say is G1, G1, G1.

I'll try to explain it to you:
    People are talking about whats true to characters the movies based them on. And in the movies the liberties taken are so far removed from its core that the characters themselves are unrecogniseble.

In the movies Optimus basically murdered more than half of Cybertron without considering peacefull sollutions. He surely didnt take faces.
    Now before you start bringing in G1 again, did he act like this in RID? Animated? Armada?
    No he didnt.

To make a more recent point, the Blitzwing/Starscream debacle. The character we all saw has everything thats corolating to Starscream and no resemblance to Blitzwing.
    This in itself is again is just a slap in the face.
    If this is supposed to be a (Soft) reboot they clearly could have made that character Starscream. He has an altmode we never saw before, new weaponry, looked like a mix between Bay and something updated from past cartoons. Its perfect.
    Give him a sorethroat voice and make him sceming and you got the Starscream we know from every itteration.

Go to Marvel and tell them you are going to make them a new wolverine movie, but wolverine doesnt have claws but shoots red lasers out of his eyes.
    Marvel fans will tell you that that belongs to Cyclops, NOT Wolverine! And they have the right to point that out.
    When you do, please do tell the marvelfans that you are a lifelong fan but the decision was made for the quality if the film.
    I think youll be in for a shitstorm.

And you talk about wanting people not visiting the discussion-threads you go to because they have a different opinion?? Its a discussion forum. People discuss.
    If you are having problems with people having different opinions, your going to have a bad time on this planet!

Shit, even North Korea is letting go of this whole "my vision is the only vision".
    If Kim Jong-Un can do it, you should too.

• Like Like x 7
  16. RMStunticon

RMStunticon Dan Kuroto Fan

where exactly did they say that?

17. Majestic Senzu

18. Grayspace

Grayspace Member

Google+:
    YouTube:
    @SPLIT LIP sorry for the late reply,anyway I have trouble seeing why Hasbro would do something like that.Starscream is clearly a more popular than Blitzwing.Would it not make more sense for them to say that a robot that looks exactly like Starscream is actually Starscream to help boost toy/ticket sales? This is just poor
    marketing if you ask me.

• Like Like x 1
  19. JennAvenger

JennAvenger Well-Known Member

There u have it folks!! Deception is wat a decepticon do best!! IMG_3505.JPG

• Like Like x 12
  20. RMStunticon

RMStunticon Dan Kuroto Fan

eh, Knight himself never said he's only a jet. That's just the conclusion the article leaped to.