San Diego Comic Con 2018 - Bee Movie Panel

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onslaught24, Jul 20, 2018.

1. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lolol 

Honestly... While it's a tad disappointing he's not Starscream... and a bit weird that he's Blitzwing... it's not like... "OMG LITERALLY UNWATCHABLE NOW!" Bit silly if that's the case, for some.

That said... I wonder WHY the 'Con was named Blitz... as opposed to another Seeker variant. Thundercracker and Skywarp only exist as repaints in the toy market, and in some games... But given that numerous other eventual movie characters also had "movie" incarnations in toy form that were simply shrugged off when they became canon proper... They could have easily used either. Hell, go with a Rainmaker, or Sunstorm, even.

It'd be awkward if Blitz isn't a triple changer, while these two new 'Cons, Dropkick and Shatter, are. Keep in mind that Drift, in AoE, had a Copter and Car alt modes... with zero copter elements being present in his bot mode design... so unless they confirmed Blitz is only a jet, then it's still possible he has a Tank mode. What stinks is we'll probably never get good film triple changers, judging from the currently shown Dropkick/Shatter figures.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  2. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Wishing for a reboot

5BEDE8A1-F70C-4938-9603-4CCDA6DE2E07.png 877782ED-B522-46D8-9937-C635D7BCC3E4.jpeg
    Would you please explain to me what these two have in common?
    I checked on IMDb, and the writer for Bumblebee is Christina Hodson, who has had nothing to do with the previous movies. As for the producers, I don’t think that they can do anything to change the movie, and if they could, I feel like Bay would have instantly shot down the idea of Bee’s VW alt mode.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    That’s bullshit and not true.

4. Heliblade

Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

So the TF who is deliberately designed like G1 Starscream... is being named Blitzwing? I, what... oh come on. They can\'t be this dumb. They have to be trolling us.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Azuzu98

Azuzu98 Hyped as fuck for Rise of the Beasts

News Credits:
    I was replying to the person above me tho

6. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Well-Known Member

The red and white seeker is named blitzwing. Not starscream.
    not even ramjet.
    they probably just picked blitzwing because "the name sounded cool", or they picked it out of a hat. It's devastator/brawl all over again.

well, I'm losing what little hope I had for this.:banghead: 

• Like Like x 4
  7. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

I’m tired of being trolled by the bayverse. The whole starscream ramjet thing even if it is a plot twist, is extremely bayversey. This is exactly what turned so many fans against them. It may not be the twins or devastator balls but it’s the same vein. The studio isn’t spending money advertising this, the signs are there. This is going to be a bayverse movie, Travis Knight be damned. They expect it to flop. I’d rather there be no cinematic universe.

• Like Like x 5
  8. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    Yep, the makers of Bumblebee should make a movie with a dude in at Bat costume and call him and the movie Superman. They both have capes, what's the difference? :p 

• Like Like x 3
  9. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    They didn't know what a Transformer was until the studios offered them all a fat paycheck.

• Like Like x 2
  10. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    would you rather:

- have another Bay's grey mass of sharp metal parts that transforms into a jet to be called Blitzwing (I like those designs but I'm talking in general)
    OR
    - have a G1 Seeker inspired and colored robot that transforms into a jet (and maybe a tank IDK) to homage an iconic character that clearly CANNOT be called Starscream from some reason to be called Blitzwing?

(What if he f***ing dies and they don't want to tell us and purple doesn't look good on that damn jet?!) can't you just be positive about something promising?

I'm so glad all of this doesn't have any meaning outside of here because if we start to judge a movie from the name of a character, we would be in big trouble...

• Like Like x 4
  11. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Known Member

This thoroughly tanked my interest in the movie, I probably won\'t see it now.

12. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

Remember when Starscream was grey, had high heels, and was slender for Transformers Prime and no one raised a stink? If people can accept a major change of one G1 character from ANOTHER CONTINUITY, surely we can try and work with this for another non-G1 universe again.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Azuzu98

Azuzu98 Hyped as fuck for Rise of the Beasts

News Credits:
    People are just being bias toward bayverse,that's all.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

The issue is that it's not just a different character design, (Though yes, there are those that will always be mad about that.) it's that it is a design that looks so much like another character that people thought it was not only that character, but it meant that this could actually be a new start over for the movie franchise. So not only is there the weird confused frustration over Blitz-scream, but it confirms that the movie as a whole doesn't matter, because it just exists within the trash fire that is the current existing cinematic "Bay-verse".

I have no personal interest in this movie anymore, because I cannot be invested in this trash. I already made that mistake back in 2007-2009. These characters are tainted. Bee is a sociopath, (Along with pretty much most of the movie Autobots.) they literally had to give him amnesia in this film to be able to write him as lovable. It doesn't matter that Optimus Prime cameos in the film, and it doesn't matter that he looks more classic in design, cause it's the same murder crazed, shoot first monolog later, Prime character that we've come to know and revile in the movies.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  15. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Pretty sure there were those who didn't care for how Starscream looked on Transformers Prime. Hell, even other characters poked fun at his appearence.

In Bayverse, even if they gave him a new name, I think many would still have an issue with his dorito-esque robot form.

16. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    According to the EW article someone posted here, Blitzwing is not a triple changer. But they could be refering to the footage shown. Though unlike Shatter and Dropkick he has no extra kibble to suggest otherwise.

She was part of the TF writers room that came up with Bee's TLK WWII backstory, and was fully hired on to go write the full Bumblebee movie script from the Writers Room. She didn't write TLK, but she was part of the brainstorming room that put stuff together for it that Bay used(Akiva worked on that script from the writer's room). It's been Blitzwing since then. Producers never changed it or opted to change it. Bay doesn't really care if the prequel is a VW or not, it's backstory. He was fine with the evasion mode Prime after being so adamant against it for movie 1. Don't see how this is any different. Producers had no plans or want to change anything. Travis Knight is fine with it too. Hasbro is fine with it too or it wouldn't be happening. It's based on the Takara T30 Blitzwing exclusive retool(or more aptly, more details to that...).

Fans threw fits about that too. That's why in RiD it went full G1 starscream like.

And I'm personally not worried about "fans" throwing fits about one character's name. Especially after seeing the fits about all the other movies and how well they did. It's not like this is the first time this has happened in the franchise ever. It's actually really common to it. The franchise transforms and changes all the time.

Odds are this will play very well to general audiences. I have faith in Travis Knight and the story he's telling. It's a prequel. It's been a prequel since day 1 in the writers room when it was first put together and presented and then fully written as a script. If it's a good movie, it's a good movie. And this looks like it's going to have a lot of heart and fit to the vision it was intended as, and has had no changes from that as much as other people want to make believe otherwise or lie to themselves about. That's what it is, has been, and will stay. It wasn't changed last minute. It wasn't forced on Knight to change his vision. He signed on to make the movie from the script, and make it work onscreen from his visual capabilities to bring the joy he felt as a kid playing with them to the big screen.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  18. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And he was original going to turn invisible, but I don't know what with that. It was mentioned behind the scenes. And there was an animation of him turning invisible. Maybe Ferrari actually wanted them to see their car.

• Like Like x 1
  19. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Yoinkus

News Credits:
    Honestly. Just give me a cool figure and a decent movie. Of course I would prefer it be Starscream since that's exactly who it looks like, but this is okay too.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I just can't wait till the official announce the that Amazon listing for Studio Series Dino.