San Diego Comic Con 2018 - Bee Movie Panel

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onslaught24, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

To be fair, that's not really what's set people off here. It's not the fact that Blitswing doesn't look G1, he actually looks fairly G1 for the movie aedthetic, it's just that he looks like a completely different G1 character. Everyone feels a bit lead a stray, even people with the most casual interest in transformers thought it was Starscream.
    It'd be like if they made a new Bat man film and the trailer showed what looked like the Joker, and it was a very classic comic book looking Joker, and then they reveal later that it's actually suppose to be the Riddler. People'd be understandably confused and pissed.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  2. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Blitzwing? Holy Shit! finally another decepticon besides starscream, yes!!! :D 

• Like Like x 4
  3. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In an interview with IGN Jorge was apparently a fan of Armada or at least grew up watching it.
    YAY! :D 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pwsyn

Pwsyn Well-Known Member

So, it´s not even sure yet if this character is a Seeker, and if it´s Blitzwing, THE Blitzwing who we all know resp. if it´s a new Seeker, just with the same name as Blitzwing ?!

Indeed. If it were Starscream and he was killed after a few minutes (or at the end of the movie) it would be a real disaster. But if the new character is really as awesome as announced, it would be a shame too to lose him so fast. It´s only strange that they made him look like Starscream (at least I was 100% convinced that it is Starscream). I wonder, what is the purpose of it (in case they´re is a purpose) ?

5. Mudslide

Mudslide Sick of exclusives

Kind of sounds like this place except for the stupid downvote thing.

• Like Like x 5
  6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Has anyone really asked to the makers of the movie why Blitzwing looks so much like Starscream if Starscream wasn't going to be in it to begin with? It's a question that's worth asking.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Sovietbot

Sovietbot Autobot from USSR

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It's time for surprises and disappointment!

P.S If both decepticons help the US Army to catch it, then it is best for him to take refuge in the USSR, or, more precisely, to change the alt mode to yellow Zaporozhets (ZAZ-968M) car and to drive in a shallow village on the territory of the Armenian SSR.

[​IMG]

8. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think this is the best way to approach the movies. They use names and concepts from G1, but they are their own thing entirely.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Henriquedematos

Henriquedematos Transformers make me want to be dead

News Credits:
    I mean, at the end of the day all that matters is that the film that doesn't suck, but my god, seeing a white and red fighter jet that has a face just like Starscream but is actually Blitzwing is going to be horribly disorienting. I'm all up for triplechangers but they could have at least made him sand brown.

10. Pichomp

Pichomp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sort of like Batman vs Superman, where The Riddler was supposed to be Lex Luthor. Hmmm... I think I understand now.
    B0DA7813-5FCB-4362-B02D-2702416AB5BD.jpeg

11. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

I slightly disagree-however, I feel it would take a 3rd-party company like UT or Black Mamba to make Bayverse-style triple-changers. . .

12. Revan1307

Revan1307 Well-Known Member

FB_IMG_1532200579862.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  13. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so every movie at comicon gets a trailer but Bee?!

14. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Seems like it. I'd love an actual trailer from Bumblebee this week. I hope it leaves me as awestruck as the Godzilla trailer just did.:buttrock 

• Like Like x 1
  15. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just watched, it gave me chills!

• Like Like x 2
  16. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    Soooo...Cloud Starscream but still named Blitzwing. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  17. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Fall Passions

News Credits:
    Oh no, in this place you can at least have an opinion and talk about it, or just ignore
    the jerks who come into certain threads. On Reddit there is only one “truth”, and if you not agree with it or speak out against it they will tear into you in every way possible to portray you as an equivelant to Hitler. They are also extremely prejudice, if you post in a subreddit people don’t like they’ll use that against yoy. I used to post on r/Animemes and r/shittycarmods. It got to the point that everytime I made a comment on shittycardmods, even if it was just about the car, I would get bombarded with downvotes and comments saying how my opinion was invalid because I posted in an anime subreddit.
    TFW is a lot better some other places out there, and if you think this is the worst of it you haven’t really explored the internet. I’ll leave it at that.

Anyways though, I cannot wrap my head around why Blitzwing would look just like Starscream, but it seems like Travis Knight at least has a direction for the movie, so I’ll hold off on questioning it for now. Even if the movie isn’t great, it at least sounds loads better then the others.

18. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

To detour from the poo-flinging of the jet character reveal, I want to say that despite this, I REALLY like where this film is going. Approachable, venerable yet adorable main alien character on the run, charming and not totally sexualized young woman protagonist, a not inherently evil human antagonist, distinguishable alien villains, AND a story for families? THIS is what the Transformer movies aught to be about.

And because Travis was doing it too, SUCK IT BAY! You're explosion exploitation films are over...FINISHED!

• Like Like x 5
  19. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hold your horses there Sammy!
    Sadly anything and everything was already setup when TLK was already shooting.

Designs have been tweaked, sure. But the script came from the same people that wrote TLK.
    Bay, Desanto and Boniventura still produce this movie and the story is still part of Bayverse.
    Having Bay as producer wil ultimatly change nothing with a new director since Bay will tell him what to do and how to do it. (Check the 2 Turtles movies, they just look, feel and breath Bay)

The whole "this is a soft reboot" is just to lure fans in.

I'm not saying people should not enjoy this movie, nor get their hopes up. Just saying be carefull thinking this will be the messiah of the Transformers movies.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  20. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    It's Ramjet! It's Starscream! It's Blitzwing! Nope all wrong , all trolls, it's actually the cinematic debut of Fortress Maximus

• Like Like x 7