SAN DIEGO COMIC CON 2017 - Collector Preview Breakfast

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jul 20, 2017.

1. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I always screw the names up just in general. Partially because I grew up during G2 and Dreadwing was what I knew and then back tracked to the G1 characters. Although it is sad because I did look up who was who and still managed to screw things up. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  2. megabot6969

megabot6969 Well-Known Member

It looks like HotRod's legs become Rodimus primes shoulders, cant wait to see that transformation.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rodimuspwnzor

rodimuspwnzor Nerd-O-tron

Ebay:
    Is it just me, or does that Rodimus look like a misfire? I hope they do some serious retooling before release.

4. 2Sixshot

2Sixshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone else hope they bring back micromasters in this lineĀ 

5. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    My only gripe is Rodimus\' shoulders.

6. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're not titan masters. This of this line as power masters and pretenders, but this time the power masters don't do anything outside of your imagination. The pretenders are the small ones like Skullgrin or the big mega pretenders like Rodimus Prime.

7. Nemisispath

Nemisispath Needs a new username

Yes, but these power masters use the same exact design as titan masters, including the connector peg/head.

8. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    Yeah but they ae not heads, they are power sources. They have the same engineering as Titan Masters because it's easier for the R&D team at Hasbro and it will allow for cross compatibility with the TR toys. So that first Prime Master that a kid gets will have a play environment with the other toys.

If you were in to TR for any amount of money, once you drop $5 on PotP you've got a lot to do with your new toy. It's a really good idea too with CW you had to spent over $100 before you could experience the full potential of they play pattern, with TR that cost was down to about $20, now it's down to $5 if you have any TR stuff already.

• Like Like x 4
  9. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Which is what makes these lines so awesome. Really the only way you get no added play value is if you have two Legends figures.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, it looks like he cant move his shoulders outwards except at the mini robot hips, so I don't think there's a way for him to 'splay' his arms out when out in front. Not a dealbreaker for everyone, I know, but would be for me on any other character. Doubly irritating, cause there's SO much the figure does right! Hopefully a 3p (perfect effect?) will do some magic (and some less ungainly solution for the backpack).

I don't like the mold for Starscream myself, BUT would really like to see it as a conehead - my view of them is as clunkier seekers than ss/tcracker/skywarp so I could like the mold on them quite a bit I think.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    I'm not sure the cone heads would work on this mold with their wings and the combiner mode.

12. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

Hasbro doesn't have to reveal anything yet- we figured out the gimmick on our own, and quite frankly, we have plenty of time before these figures are released. Criticizing them for not showing the combiner feature yet is like criticizing them for not showing figures from wave 3-4 yet. They're not ready.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    They could have show the combining gimmick by using CW toys, to promote the cross compatibility. The same for how Prime Master and Titan Master are interchangeable. They could have but they what to save something for Hascon, and I don't blame them for that. If you really thing about it Hascon is the right place to show off how CW, TR and PotP will all interact. SDCC and Toyfair are for showing off the new flashy stuff. Hascon is meant to be a fan event. Yeah we figured it out but it's going to be cool to see Hasbro showing off PotP Screamer with the combaticons as his limbs and Firedrive in Rodimus Prime and TP Optimus Prime with a matrix head.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Nemisispath

Nemisispath Needs a new username

I get that the intent of the gimmick is different, but I was referring to them as titan masters because these power masters (or whatever hasbro is calling them) are nigh identical to them and I had no idea what else to call them

• Like Like x 1
  15. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    They're called Prime Masters, they shear a design with Titan Masters. They gave different powers to the deluxe, voyager and leader class toys, but hove no real world function other than filling a space. The general concept is similar to Power Masters, smaller robots giving power to bigger robots. They are caller Prime Masters, not Primal Masters.

16. gabumon

gabumon papertoy designer

News Credits:
    I feel like tom hanks.... What is fun about playing with a Prime Master? It's not a head it's not a gun, it's not even an engine (like G1?), it's a .... a cube of robot guts? I guess you could reenact blur in season 3 of TFA....

If they actually DID something, like light up with different colors and make the containing robots light piping change colors... THAT would be cool, or maybe changed which sound bites get said when you press a button.? Or WHAT IF THEY were like cyber planet keys and enabled some feature.

But just a cube? Representing some diety. I just can't see the fun in that.

• Like Like x 2
  17. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    It's for the kids who have [​IMG]

18. gabumon

gabumon papertoy designer

News Credits:
    well my kids might be able to have a few minutes of fun with a CyberRock , but nowadays Hasbro is competing with mobile phone games/apps, and free-from/"imagine your next religion" play patterns aren't likely to win them over.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  19. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    Are Headmasters really that much more exciting? It's not like they do anything either. You fold them in half and they sit on the figure. Hell, I'd say these POTP ones are better because they aren't essential for the figure.

20. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Leave it to HasTak to make an app working with new figures. Like they did for SW and NuRiD. If they're smart, that's it.

• Like Like x 1