SAN DIEGO COMIC CON 2017 - Collector Preview Breakfast

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jul 20, 2017.

1. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

you hit the head on the nail. the line gimmick is the previous line gimmicks, head masters have become power masters because there is no longer a need for removable heads. though apparently we still may get a few more headmasters regardless.

2. Skywarp_TPK

Skywarp_TPK Harbringer of the MegaDub

You know, I am just not feeling this line so far. I don't like the Spark gimmick, as I feel like it is less playful version of the Titan Master gimmick. At least with the Titan Masters, you could see the new head on the robot, and it looked neat. With the sparks inside the bots, what is the point? You can't see it, so they add some "armor" to house it for the deluxes, but so far it looks kind of meh.

3. sunstreaker1980

sunstreaker1980 Titan master!

So does leader class rodimus come with deluxe hot rod or do we use ours?

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It comes with a new one.

5. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

Okay I'm just going to come out and say it. I look at Jazz's car mode and all I can think is "Crasher When?"

• Like Like x 1
  6. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Rodimus looks pretty good.

7. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:
    Can the outer shell for Rodimus become anything on it's own when Hot Rod is separate from it? I hoped the base modes for leader size figures would continue as a feature but haven't seen anything regarding this. Wanted to keep expanding my Transformer bases.

8. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    We don't know yet. I sure hope so, though.

9. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

It would be neat if the leader class figures continued to have a base mode but we don't know if Rodimus can do that. I hope Hasbro is aware of the huge amount of confusion, speculation and uncertainty that the fandom is going through since the PotP reveal and I hope they change how they communicate information.

Starscream is clearly a combiner torso with a shield/foot. Jazz is a limb with armor/hands. Why didn't you make that clear Hasbro? We don't know if Titans Return will have a sixth wave or more box sets. Why didn't Hasbro make it clear how TR was going to wrap up? We don't know when PotP will show up- again, why the lack of a launch period?

This isn't the first time that Hasbro has neglected to fully inform the fandom of some details. The lack of info and confusing info makes Hasbro look unprofessional and clumsy. Being that, in my opinion, Hasbro and Takara have consistently hit home runs with CHUG/CW/TR I'm baffled when there's confusion or lack of information. Get it together Hasbro!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're saving it all for HasCon. It's intentional all the way through - saw some cool figures, lots of hints, now we have to pay attention to HasCon to get the full story.

As to the original question, I'm sure there will be a base mode. Not a chance in hell Hasbro sells a toy whose instructions include "set aside trailer to do nothing" :D 

• Like Like x 5
  11. Ramberk Magnus

Yeah, I figured as much. It's a terrible strategy because the actual message Hasbro is sending to fans is "Clearly there's other gimmicks in play but we refuse to tell you about them now." They're purposely holding back information and we know they are. That's a real backwards approach at cultivating fan interest.

There was no way fans were not gonna figure out that Jazz was a combiner limb and Starscream a combiner torso. It was foolish to "ignore" or "forget" to mention this "little" detail. And it raises more questions such as "will all PotP deluxes be limbs? Will all voyagers be torsos?"

Quit being coy Hasbro. Quit playing games. I'm a huge fan but I'm starting to really hate Hascon because of this.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    think of this reveal as nothing more than a sneak peek, the teaser to hascons trailer if you will

• Like Like x 2
  13. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    A little more patience would help here I think.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I get what you're saying but, frankly, pre-orders for these toys won't open up for another 5 months. Our confusion, such as it is, will be short-lived and we'll know what we're paying for when it's actually time to care about *that* part of the collecting experience.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ramberk Magnus

I'm just not a fan of information getting artificially parsed out. It's like when a friend says they're holding a secret for somebody and can't tell you about it. Why mention it in the first place!?!? Or being told that you're getting a surprise present on Monday. Why not just provide the surprise on Monday and not make me wait until then!

• Like Like x 1
  16. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    I think it has to do with how they want to present these gimmick details in the proper way ; because they might not have all the figures ready to present it in such a way where it all makes sense in a single overview.
    For example ; the video in which Warden outlines the general gist of PotP ; he apologizes for not even being able to demonstrate the individual deluxe Hot Rod figure inside of Rodimus ; probably, because it's just a single demo item, glued together and painted up just for SDCC.

So, the presentation so far ; simply outlines the size / price classes roughly. Think of it as a sort of general product to market indicator.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Computron

Computron Well-Known Member

no more reveals?

not even the rest of TR wave 6?

Marvel Legends reveal some more figures on Friday..

18. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:

I was hoping for more too, waiting for the weekend maybe? With no further reveals for wave 6 it's starting to look like it may get skipped over, but that would leave a large gap without any new figures if POTP is starting at the beginning of next year.

19. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that kind of likes Starscream's proportions? It's bulky, but reminds me of classic anime robots like Gundam and Mazinger. Still, I'll probably only get him if they go all out on the seekers, (even ones like Sunstorm and Acid storm). And yeah, I don't get the combined gimmick on him either but it's easy to ignore.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  20. kingjakethe11th

kingjakethe11th Scourgeintor

i do too

• Like Like x 1