Minor/Repaint: Samurai Prowl Upgrade

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Peaugh, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    After watching Five Servos of Doom, and seeing how Prowl ended up, I decided I wanted a "definitive" Prowl. So I spent the afternoon hammering pins and unscrewing things and putting things back together, so I present to you, Animated Prowl: Definitive Edition!!

[​IMG]

I picked up a second Samurai Prowl for the shield. I might still work on some way to have the wheel split and attach to the arms like it should, but for now this works. As for the rest, I took a regular Prowl and swapped out his forearms (SUPER easy if you make sure to hit the pins from the correct side.), leg wheels, leg armor panels (just cut off one of the tabs so it doesn't interfere with the swivel joint and you can have correct armor AND the thigh swivels!!), torso/waist piece for the grey bit, arm patrol lights, and ninja stars. Whew!

[​IMG]

When not in use, I store the swords in his backpack. It's tight enough to hold them securely and I haven't seen any evidence of any paint rubbing yet:

[​IMG]

The swords can deploy a couple of ways: attached to the wheel as usual (on the left of the pic) or tucked under the forearm guard to look like it's popping out of his arm (right)

[​IMG]

Still transforms just fine to cycle/sidecar, with one addition. Can you spot it?

[​IMG]

The second wheel stores right on the back! Turns out the tabs that attach it to the sidecar itself are JUST as wide as the gap that Prowl snaps into, so you can get it to fit. It's sturdier than it looks, but it WILL fall off if you shake it.

[​IMG]

The swords can both fold underneath.

[​IMG]

And the best part is, once I take the armor off, I've still got a perfectly show accurate Prowl!

[​IMG]

UPDATE!! UPDATE!!

I added some tabs to the second wheel (it doesn't look that bad when you're not two inches away :lol ):

[​IMG]

Those tabs can slide into the slots on the back:

[​IMG]

This lets the wheel tab on QUITE securely:

[​IMG]

EDIT/UPDATE 4/11/09!!

Special Thanks to J.T.Silversmith and Solscud007 for their ideas as well, great minds DO think alike!

Here is my final version of an Ultimate version of Animated Prowl:

[​IMG]

Not a lot different in Cycle mode, I swapped the original Samurai Prowl lights back on and painted them to match the show, and trimmed down the windshield a bit as in J.T.Silversmith's mod. Also used JT's method of dremeling out the helmet, so I can use the original head! So now Prowl in robot mode is about as perfect as you can get without molding anything yourself!

[​IMG]

And the final armored up version!

[​IMG]

Change from previous are just the windshield so you can see more of his face, and the helmet. I had a minor accident while dremeling out the inside in that while trying to make room for Prowl's original head crest, I completely melted out one of the eyes attached to the helmet. I attempted to fix it with parts from the donor Samurai Prowl, to no avail. But oh, happy accident! A little clearing away of material and Prowl can wear the helmet with his own eyes looking out! The upper crest of the helmet sits a little further out than a normal helmet would if you look at it from the side, but Prowl no longer has the bug-eyes!*

I'm quite happy with the way it turned out. I considered going ahead with modding the wheel, and I've figured out how to make that work, But the animation model makes it look like he's got a full wheel on each arm, and I like the way it looks. So, done. I'm pretty proud of the final product, and again, while I did most of this of my own accord, I do thank Solscud007 and J.T.Silversmith for the ideas/help that I got from their own modifications. Man, you guys are going to make a Radicon out of me yet!

*Sorry about the bug-eyes thing. If you need me, I'll be in my office.

Attached Files:

2. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    very very nice i would love to have one

3. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I might consider actually doing this if people want it, but don't start swamping me with requests just yet, I'm not committing to it. You'd have to at least send me a regular prowl and a Samurai Prowl for the parts swap. The second shield as is comes straight from the package, so you wouldn't need to send a second Samurai Prowl just for me to open it up and pull the shield out. I had a lot of fun doing this today.

4. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Nice! Will do the same to mine, except i won't be getting a second SP for the other wheel on the hand. Just the parts swap with reg. Prowl will be nice enough.

5. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Very Nice Peaugh....Ima have to do the same with mine....provided I can find an extra Sam Prowl....

I'll still do the rest of the mods til then

:thumb 

6. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think I'm gonna swap the whole thighs... I never felt the need to have the swivels before, and sam. Prowl's legs just seem harder to get into motorbike mode because of them. Probably won't touch the arms cause i have no idea how to remove pins. I still like regular prowl though so hopefully I can find a second one on sale in the future.

Very nice though, thanks.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That looks really good. If I ever see a Samurai Prowl, I might get him to do this. Not sure what I'll do with the extra parts left over, but I think I would be able to find something to do with them.

8. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    that's great!

9. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I thought about getting this guy and repainting him but I always put him down.

10. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Well, right now the extra parts just got swapped back onto the original Prowl, so I still have two Prowls, just one's more black and stealthy and one's more cartoon accurate.

11. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    You sir, rock. Yoketron would be proud.

12. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
  13. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I added some tabs to the second wheel (it doesn't look that bad when you're not two inches away :lol ):

[​IMG]

Those tabs can slide into the slots on the back:

[​IMG]

This lets the wheel tab on QUITE securely:

[​IMG]

14. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
  15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Great stuff. I plan to do similar, only I want to keep my regular Prowl, so I'm just going to paint the wheels and hands. I plan the make the wheel come apart, though, instead of just having two.

16. transformersfan

transformersfan Maximus Prime

Take the extra Prowl helmet and put it on lockdown

17. Arcticwave

Arcticwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Clever EXTREMELY CLEVER MODS!!!

18. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Oh, it SO won't fit.

19. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

I may be getting this tomorrow (If I go to toys R us cuz Toys R us always has the new stuff) Ill definately (try) to do this. I might end up breaking it and it may get caught in a spontanious combustion (that tends to happen to me alot!) and the house just might implode for no random reason (which also always happens to me! Especially when I try to customise my TFs!!!)

20. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 ライオコンボイ

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm buying my Samurai prowl soon, probably gonna yoink most of this. :p