Sam's new ride! (Milwaukee set photos)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by juise, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    I'd bet the Ferrari is Hot Rod.

2. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    - If bumblebee is that Datsun then he's just reformated himself temporarily as a disguise and to keep an eye on Sam- but due to the mass of the car mode if it's a Transformer at all I'd guess Skids.

I'm doubtful it's a Tranformer at all though.

I can see a situation in context where Skids & Mudflap keep swapping modes...

They could come in to the movie as a non-rusty Icecream truck split up Mudflap becomes the new car mode and skids changes to the old Datsun, then he's involved with Sam then later he matches his mode to Mudflaps (or vice versa) .

But that's just a possible explanation.. I think the movie won't make a big deal about the Datsun and it's probably just a sight gag.

3. jazz-arcee

jazz-arcee Member

its dragstrip and in the movie they dont know that yet

4. Thunderchild

Thunderchild Well-Known Member

My Theory

Ok here is my theory about the Datsun:

I dont think it is Bumble Bee, I dont even think it's a transformer of any kind. In ROFT Sam expressed a desire for a normal life, he also said that Bumble Bee needed to be with Optimus and the other Autobots. I think Sam leave's them all behind and tries to presue this "normal life". He lands a job with Hotchkiss Gould Investments, where big wigs roll pretty in Jaguars and Aston Martins, but Sam bought his beater Datsun because it reminded him of Bee.

His co-workers obviously will give him a hard time about it, especially when it wont start... but the car will be forgotten all together when the Autobot's Scoop Sam and his friends away for yet another crazy adventure.

I think the Datsun, the Jag and Aston (or the 2 Aston's, which ever it is) arent going to be characters nor will they be all that important to the overall movie.

This is just my Theory anyway, and I know I'm probably WAY off, but it's fun to try and figure stuff out. I always do that when I watch a movie, try to figure out whats going to happen next.

5. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    "HOTCHKISS GOULD INVESTMENTS", eh?

I smell Jewish stereotypes for Bay to make.

6. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    my theory is that somehow they have time traveled backwards so BB had to take on a new form in order to keep his cover :) 

7. leov36

leov36 Rubber Wheel'd UM

Instagram:
    Datsun to GT-R. Hell yes! I wish this is how it happened from the begining

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    How do you know That's not really BB. For all i know it's his twin stunt double Goldbug. making sure Poor little sissy BB don't get hurt.

my dad once had a Datsun. It was a lemon car. :lol 

9. DancingMonkey

DancingMonkey Active Member

Awesome!! Datsun 510:thumbs2:  it would be cool if they had an SR20, Rb26, or even a 2jz under the hood..

10. Scottimus

Scottimus That's what she said

This is not the bee. It seems like in these pictures Sam has just got a real job and is broke and could only afford a cheap car that resembles bumblebee, who is perhaps off somewhere else doing important things to save the world and can't be there to drive sam around at the time. Surely NOT a transformer, just Bay humor.:2c: 

11. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    This movie is shaping weirdly. I hope it's not Bay trying to screw the franchise since it's his last TF movie.

That Datsun must be Bumblebee as he can change his altform whenever he wants. If it's not, then Sam is having some serious mental problems with yellow cars with black racing stripes.

12. FMA1987

FMA1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    maybe shia has to get a different car while Bumblebee is off fighting and so forth

13. Thunderchild

Thunderchild Well-Known Member

Plug

I like the 510, their pretty bad-ass, as a matter of fact an Autobot in my Fan Fic Intiation of the Facisimile is a '71 Datsun 510 wagon. He's a 'Gay Autobot' LOL. I got a very high quality drawing of what he would look like, and the artist made sure to capture certain features of the car into his Robot mode, scan through the thread and you'll eventually come across the pic.

14. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star 3 2 1 Countach!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Somebody said it was a "step down" from the 79 camaro. That person has never priced 72 510s.

15. Laffa Taffa

Laffa Taffa Brawl

Bumblebee movie 1 redone

I think that for the beginning of the movie Bumblebee will downgrade to this car. We won't see him as the Camaro in the beginning but this car instead. Later on he will upgrade back to the Camaro with the all new paint job and drop top.

16. SideswipePrime

SideswipePrime Reply Dump Extraordinaire

My bes guess is that it's Shia's car in real life, going from a 2010 Camaro to a Datsun is a downgrade

17. TronimusPrime

TronimusPrime Virtual Construct

Could it be possible that this movie will introduce a new human adversarial element?

I think it would be really interesting to see an organization like the Machination from the IDW comic series come into play, and bumblebee has to take a new form to hide from them.

18. omegasupreme123

omegasupreme123 Well-Known Member

i am thinking that since the humans want the autobots to go home that the datsun is bumblebees cover from the humans that are againts the autobots.

19. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Ok, new ride thats ok, bee taking on that form kinda silly. Why not just make it a new character?

20. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Well, okay, but if they're so expensive, then there's little justification to the theory that Sam is only driving this car because it was "all he could afford".