Sam Witwicky or Cade Yeager?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DOTMPrime, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Fc203

Fc203 Hasbro shill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Cade, sam was only good for the first movie in the next 2 movies he just screamed and relied way too much on the autobots
    Cade on the other hand is willing to defend himself he is willing to put his live on the line for them

• Like Like x 1
  2. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    Oh definitely, but I think you can feel it a bit in Dark of the Moon too. By the time of the last two movies his influence is nowhere to be seen, though; it's purely Bayhem.

3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, the moon plot/Sentinel twist (up to that point) feels a tad Spielbergian, but everything after that is pure Kruger and Bayhem. I think that's one of the major problems with these movies... One part will have a solid scene or two, ideas even, but somewhere along the line it just decides to go off the rails each and every time and destroy everything in sight. Almost like the film itself is saying "wait, I missed one...BAM GOT IT!" and you leave the theater like "wow...could've saved it at the last minute, but noooo."

• Like Like x 1
  4. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Sam was more realistic. There isn't much that a human could do in the Autobot/Decepticon war + he resembles S1/S2 Spike as the audience surrogate.

Cade getting a magical cybertronian sword and such is just too much. Doesnt feel right.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Fc203

Fc203 Hasbro shill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Well he did steal it from lockdowns ship and headmasters exist so there is a reason they were that small

6. urrutiap

urrutiap Banned

My opinion about Sam and Cade

Sam was the better character and by the way, he did not scream all the time. So dunno where the hell you guys are thinking that. It sucks that Sam had to get pulled back in everytime especially when he was right in college where Optimus had to butt in Sam's life when Sam was just in college and even had a fancy firm job in Dark of the Moon which he got because of what went on in the first two movies. Micheala i guess she left Sam for good since she didnt want to deal with seeing Sam get hurt over and over again from the autobots decepticon battles and saw him get killed and came back to life.

Cade, he was about to turn in rust bucket Optimus because everyone else was gung ho being anti giant robots from outer space etc.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Wheeljack84

Wheeljack84 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Neither. Charlie.

Sam and Cade are both awful unlikable characters.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tetratron

Tetratron Well-Known Member

Of the two that was worse, I’d go Cade. Something of a tool in AOE and then completely in your face unlikeable by TLK.
    Only correct answer.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Blackout32

Blackout32 PANTERA FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Well I'd say how about NEITHER one and go with SPIKE or DANIEL from the G1 cartoon. Im not a fan of Mark W or the other guy but the first movie was really good acting.

• Like Like x 1
  10. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel Sam had potential to have a story arc, but it feels like he just gets wasted in his own story.

07 film: "This kid can be an ally between the Autobots and the humans."
    09 film: "Sam claims he wants a life separate from the Autobots, but finds his life intertwined with theirs."
    11 film: "Sam? Meh, that guy is just the messenger. Who needs him!?"

• Like Like x 2
  11. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bad writing across the board. So much potential in these movies, but ultimately squandered for no reason other than money without effort.

12. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    Really is a damn shame and could have been fantastic with a little reworking. 07 is him finding himself trapped in this conflict and coming to terms with his role in it. Leave as is. In ROTF, cut out the "you're Optimus Prime, you don't need me" angle and make him super gung-ho about things despite the danger and the warnings of the Autobots. Let's say somehow we have the foresight that Megan Fox will leave, in ROTF Sam's attitude can drive a wedge between him and Mikaela causing them to split. Then the third movie can move towards that "I'm just the messenger" line in a satisfying way as he accepts what Optimus is saying about how he needs to find his own life away from the Cybertronian war.

13. DriftsEdge

DriftsEdge I was once Deadlock!

If only Sam becomes more like Cade in the sequels, that would be great.