Sam Witwicky or Cade Yeager?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DOTMPrime, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Minibots

Minibots Greetings

I cannot stand Cade. It’s Sam for me.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BelnadesPistol

BelnadesPistol Banned

I know, right? Charlie is a combination of everything bad about Sam and Cade. She has nothing to provide to the actual plot or the Transformers themselves, she eats screentime, and her traits are incredibly distasteful.
    I like Cade more because he at least actually fights, but I grew up knowing Sam and prefer his traits.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Because Hailee Steinfeld was far and away a superior actor to either of them. She actually conveyed emotion and was perfect in all her scenes. Her acting elevated an otherwise milquetoast teen character into something genuine and heartfelt. The scenes where she explains her father to Bee and blows up at her mother especially are so much better than anything Sam or Cade ever did. She was just endearing as fuck in her expressions and felt so natural and genuine.

She wasn’t some heaving douchebag acting like she didn’t want to be there or thinking that talking real fast somehow equals a good performance.

• Like Like x 7
  4. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I can’t think of a single person besides McBradders who ever complained about the lack of Megan Fox.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    Megan Fox hasn't been relative for a least five years. I work at a movie theater and around Christmas time I literally did not hear a single person complain that Shia or Megan weren't in the movie. If anything, the majority of people talking after the movie were raving about how happy they were that they had just watched a good Transformers movie.

6. BelnadesPistol

BelnadesPistol Banned

THANK YOU!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. DOTMPrime

DOTMPrime Banned

Bay lives in his head rent free, strange stuff.

8. BelnadesPistol

BelnadesPistol Banned

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I mean ok rofl

• Like Like x 3
  9. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    The thread is specifically about Sam and/or Cade. Pleaae keep the focus on them.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Just my two cents, but maybe a note on the first post stating that Charlie shouldn't be mentioned should be added for clarification, since the reason the thread keeps going off track is because people are including Charllie because she is technically the equal to Sam and Cade in terms of being a Transformers film protagonist.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    What do either of those have to do with their acting abilities?

Also, those two scenes were complete bullshit, especially Cade’s. He’s never even shown using the sword again after that scene, and it’s completely daffy that he’d somehow be able to block that in the first place. It undermines the entire purpose of the Transformers if humans can literally stand toe-to-toe with them in battle. Why you’d use two of the most hated scenes in all of Bay’s films is beyond me.

Yeah, that was my bad. I mean, I said it mostly as a joke to reference how little I cared for either characters and how shit I think they are. I didn’t expect a whole thing to come out of it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sam was a horrible character who did less than a handful of things over the course of a trilogy that took the better part of four years to unfold. He was reluctant to do anything even when it was necessary and when he finally stepped up willingly, he had PTSD and needed to get his fix.

Cade was annoying with his "Aw, shucks" mentality about the world and kind of lost perspective but he had a reason. He raised a daughter all alone, lost his wife, lived his life in personal terror for a big chunk of it. His "lab" was his escape because when he looked around and realized the world was crashing down around him, it was even scarier to him. That said, he did step up in a big way and not only helped save Optimus but helped the Autobots save the world. In TLK he was more or less a leader keeping them in check and was forced to keep his child at a million arm's length to keep her safe, but he ended up saving the world, again and being a part of something much bigger than he expected. He was scared for his daughter and himself, but he got over the initial shock and got right in the thick of it.

Whether either actor was capable is another subject entirely. That said, both are excellent actors when given proper material. The TF movies are never proper material for any actor or actress. The fact that they can pull off a good performance while talking to a tennis ball on a stick is a testament to their abilities. They didn't phone it in, they didn't try and be cardboard, they just went for it. I have no problems with Shia LeBeouf, himself, I think he's a dedicated and serious actor and we've yet to see just how good he really is. It's not his fault that Sam was written horribly.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

I want to know where did Cade learn how to swordplay in an even remotely competent manner since using a sword is NOT an intuitive thing if you never had any in your hands before. Including blocking in time. It's not like he was ever shown doing any training or reenactment before. :X

Having said that, Cade is a far less annoying character than is Sam.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    It's a good question, actually. oOo *handwaves it away* Merlin magic with the Talisman. oOo

• Like Like x 1
  15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I honestly find Cade to be a total Mary Sue. Some random guy in Texas just happens to be named 'The Last Knight' when he really hasn't done anything of note his entire life and then magically knows how to use a sword against a giant robot? With zero combat training?

• Like Like x 3
  16. BelnadesPistol

BelnadesPistol Banned

I have never heard anyone complain about Sam killing Megatron. It was the Allspark's power anyways.

• Like Like x 2
  17. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It was one of the main complaints of TF07 back when it came out. A lot of people hated that a human killed Megatron and not Optimus.

People don't like humans stealing the spotlight from the Transformers. It's a pretty common complaint with the Bay movies.

• Like Like x 2
  18. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    It's all true. I guess they wanted to get away from Sam as much as possible. It doesn't help that LeBeouf and Fox both talked crap on Bay (deserved) and the movies (making sure the world knew the actors didn't even like the movies), so they went scorched Earth on it all and took a new path.

Doesn't excuse the flaws, but I can understand why they went in a different direction.

It's an honest and legit complaint, too. Transformers should never take a back seat in their own films. Making the humans the biggest focal point, instead of A focal point is one of the largest mistakes with the franchise.

Critics complained that we had no connection to the robots in the story, well that's because they didn't have enough time to connect to the audience.

• Like Like x 3
  19. BelnadesPistol

BelnadesPistol Banned

Good for them. Those people are idiots and probably geewunners anyways. As I said before, it was the Allspark's power.

• Like Like x 3
  20. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You really have to come up with a better argument. Even movie fans thought those scenes were stupid.

That's like saying shooting someone isn't murder because the bullets are what actually killed them. Sam shoved it into his chest, the Allspark didn't just hop over and kill Megs itself.

• Like Like x 3