Sam in DOTM and ROTF

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Minh'T, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    OK DOTM Sam is completely different from ROTF remember this in ROTF he doesn't want Bee to live in his dad's garage and he doesn't want Bee to be his guardian anymore (technically he doesn't want be to live with him) but in DOTM he just want Bee to go home And in ROTF Sam just want to be a normal but in DOTM he just want to be matter. He's changed right?

2. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Apparently after all the time saying he didn't want to be envolved in the war he never knew what he had till it was gone. So yes Sam changed his mind.
    I probably figured that out when Mikela left him. :lol 

3. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think it's because Sam matured, and he knew that with all of his experience with the Autobots, he could help. It wasn't all about him anymore.

4. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But in ROTF he did say you shoudn't be cooked up in my dad garage and should be with the autobots.

And he had the nerve to have a moan saying he doesnt come and see him or hang out.. in DOTM.

if i was Bee i would of said remember what you said to me way back well i just did my autobot stuff and go and suck on a rock you knob..

Sam carn't have it both ways...

5. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

Sam is an idiot. The only thing he thinks about is himself and being liked by others.

Wanting to be normal? To work 9-5 with a big tie like all people? When he was a friend to aliens???

I would spend the rest of my life with the Autobots xD...At least, stupid Sam could have gotten to work with NEST or something like that, but oh no, he wanted to be like everyone.

Idiot xD

6. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Agreed. It's that "character development" stuff that lots of people say the TF movies need but don't have. :) 

7. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Like I've said; I love the writing in DOTM. The film isn't 90% on Sam with the Transformers as support cast. In a way it's equal if not Sam as support this time.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Sam should have not been the main human in ROTF or DOTM.

Just Saying.

9. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Good, I'm glad I wasn't the only person to notice this...It really wants to make me punch Sam in the face while yelling "MAKE UP YOUR MIND!", TBH.

10. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I was glad to see Sam have some balls in DOTM

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It's called evolution. In ROTF he realised he was destined to be the Autobots hero, he was meant to save Optimus and retrive the Matrix. Knowing this, going back to mundane life is unsatisfactory now. That's the irony. When he wants a noraml life, he's dragged back into the Autobot's fight, and when he begins to embrace and want a life with the Autobots, he's denied it.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    He needs to make up his mind.

13. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I agree that it was character development. I thought it was great to see Sam grow a pair in DOTM and take out a few Decepticons. I noticed that Sam never picked up a gun in the battlefield at any time in the first 2 movies and it was good to see him contribute. However, I am surprised no one said anything about the whole "I love you" and "I'm glad I got in with that car with you" subplots established in the first 2 movies thrown out the window for DOTM. I didn't mind Carly, but we could've got more robot screen time if they didn't have to introduce her and expect us to care about her character in the few scenes she's in.

14. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    That "I'm glad I got in that car with you" sub-plot actually had to be dropped, since Megan got fired. What more could they do?

And I do like that Sam knew he had a place in the action, he knew he had to do it. But Carly was right too - he probably did let it get to his head a bit. I agree that Mearing was a bitch to Sam when she called him "a messenger, not a soldier" - she was disrespecting him no matter what he did for the world just because it broke her chain of command. So really Mearing at the time didn't give a damn about what Sam, Optimus, or any soldier did for the country or world, which rightfully could piss off anyone. But forget Mearing. I'm digressing a bit.

Anyway, yes, Sam did have a place in it, and it didn't even matter what Mearing said to try to silence Sam. Sentinel betrayed them anyway, didn't he? Sam was a much better character in this one having matured since ROTF (other then his ridiculous girlish screaming at the entry to the NEST base), and was able to pull his weight in battle, and killed Starscream and Dylan. He wasn't the kid who snuck around in the ditch while Optimus battled off-screen anymore. He was a man and he legitametly earned his keep.

15. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

"where is she?"................sam has earned his level in badass

16. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Oh, we forgot to tell you replaced the lead actress with some other model again, here you go."

17. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

He has made up his mind. He wants to help his friends. He took Bumblebee for granted and now he misses him. Sam finally realized the war was just as important to him as the Autobots but it was too late. They're taken out of his life and he feels unimportant. He's jobless, he hates his parents, and he lives in his friend's apartment. He's becoming an adult, that phase after you finish college and all you can think is, "what now?"

That's what I like about Sam, you grow up with him. In 2007, he got his first car and fell in love. In RoTF, he was the stupid teenager who thought he had it all figured out. By the end he starts to grow up and realizes his friends are the most important thing in his life. In DotM he loses his "high school sweetheart" and becomes an adult. He finally gets his life together.

18. Amaya

Amaya Well-Known Member

Honestly, I found him annoying in the first half of the movie. Treating Wheelie and Brains like scrap, throwing a temper tantrum over Carly smiling at Dylan, screaming at the guards like a maniac when they wouldn't let him into H.Q... He was even WORSE in the novelization where you could read his thoughts. He came off as somewhat delusional (to me) because he really thought he could contribute to NEST, an organization comprised of a small army of specialized soldiers and highly skilled personnel (top scientists, engineers, govt. officials, etc.) when all he did in the past was run around with an ancient Cybertronian macguffin without being killed. Even then, he only had 99% accuracy. >.>

So yeah, I think he changed—but for the worst. At least at first. I mean, going through what he did just to save Carly was pretty awesome. It seems like that's his redeeming trait: doing what needs to be done and going to incredible lengths against all odds to do the right thing when shit hits the fan. Other than that, though, he has some serious insecurities to work out.

19. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    college changes a man. seriously, its character developement.

20. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

When you get sent by fate on a mission on which you died only to be brought back to life, then get told no one will let you do anything, you get a bit annoyed.