Saddest Autobot death (AOE SPOILERS duh)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Hotshotprime43, Jun 30, 2014.

?

saddest Autobot death.

1. Jazz

5 vote(s)
    2.8%
  2. Optimus Prime (Brought back to life)

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. Jetfire

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Ironhide

19 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. Que/Wheeljack/WHATEVER HE IS TO YOU

15 vote(s)
    8.5%
  6. Ratchet

134 vote(s)
    75.7%
  7. Leadfoot

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  1. old autobot

old autobot Omega Supreme

We ve to bring Ratchet back.

2. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I didn't find any of the deaths in AoE sad. I hated that whining Ratchet and Leadfoot made when the CIA killed them

3. FortPrime0083

FortPrime0083 Still in Youthful Bliss

Emotionally, ironhide's death got to me the most but ratchet's wins in the most brutal. I kept wanting him to jump in the water. I think he could have gotten away. Alas the writers wanted to make a horrific image in our heads for the rest of transformers history of lockdown casually plunging his spike claw into his chest and pulling his guts out. Part of me still hopes that prime could get ratchet's spark from lockdown's ship and bring him back along with all the other hunted down autobots.

4. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's what I was thinking. I mean, if I were Ratchet, I would've jumped into the water and swim/sink all the way down as far as I could go. The only possible way that I would've died is if Lockdown came down with me and fought me.

5. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

I gotta say Que just cause I knew ahead of time about all hte others.

6. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I miss Ironhide and Ratchet already. :cry 

7. old autobot

old autobot Omega Supreme

we ve to make a petition with a lot of names in it.

8. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I didn't think Ratchet was particularly sad, just more awkward. As soon as his leg went flying I thought 'oh boy here we go'. Then he starts hopping and at no point do you get the feeling that this might be a living creature in pain. Oh, my leg is gone? Man thats annoying. It was just really drawn out. Its about as immersion breaking as Que's head rolling away.

Especially when we saw Decepticons in DOTM getting their legs blown apart and screeching as they grasp at whats left.

Leadfoot was just odd as if I recall he was missing most of his decals, but he just sort of fell over and exploded.

What were you expecting? 'Thanks you traitorous little cowards, being alive sucks'

9. Jamocha101

Jamocha101 Well-Known Member

Ratchet's death struck a chord in me this time around; I came very close to crying in the theater and was upset by it for the movie's duration.

One of the leg-ups that AOE has over its predecessors is that when the characters in this movie died, there was actual acknowledgement for them and in-the-moment substance. In previous examples, the characters died quickly, forgettably, and inconsequentially without reaction from the other characters (I will never forget Optimus holding the severed pieces of Jazz and basically saying "lol woops"). Ratchet's death was not only dragged out and successfully dramatic, Optimus (and, to a lesser extent, Bumblebee), was furious when he found out.

I pined for the medic, man. I'm still not over it.

10. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Yes because trying to tell people you are on their side while they blow your limbs off must really put the bots in a good mood.

11. GRIMLOCK AOE

GRIMLOCK AOE Banned

He actually did. When he came in to kill mixmaster and scorponok.

12. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    For some reason, I found it touching that Ratchet referred to the humans as his "friends."

Course, I'd be saying whatever I had to in order to save my hide if I was him.

13. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Ironhide because he didn't know it was coming. It was a cold and cruel betrayal that ended with his life.

14. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ratchets death really struck a chord with me as well.. i didn't feel like i was going to cry.. but man, it was sad.. just knowing that these people he has helped save are now turning on him.. and not only are they turning on him, but they're in cahoots with lockdown.

i'll have to disagree with you on the "lol woops" when it comes to jazz.. ratchet said that he tried to save him, and prime, with sadness, said "aw jazz".. sure there could've been more attention paid to him, but i i definitely didn't find it as an "lol woops" moment.

i've watched his death scene a few more times on line because i thought it was very well done. even though i thought they'd kill him because of the trailer, it was still unexpected, especially when i found out that lockdown was working with the humans. for me, it REALLY set the tone for the movie.

i'm a little biased when it comes to ironhides death because of those leaked comic book panels that we saw prior to the movie. but ironhides death was a little too quick for it to be more heartfelt than ratchets.

as for ratchet not screaming and what not when his leg gets blown off.. it's possible, like humans, that robots handle pain differently from each other.

oh well. i thought it was a great scene. i'm glad it wasn't just some sort of a flashback or a memory or something like i thought it might be.

15. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Voted Ratchet, I suppose Leadfoot, 'Hide and Jazz are close. Don't know If Wheeljack was sad, I knew him in name and colour only really, but a sad if I did know him sorta death to me.