Customs: Sabrina Ng's tutorial

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Sabrina_Ng, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    Okie guys. This is gonna be one important thread. I need your inputs! Please tell me how you would like the tutorial to be like. I have roughly sorted them by chapters. A total of 13 - 14 chapters in all. What sort of info do you want in them. Etc. It's a bit hard for me to think of how i want the tutorial to be as painting is 2nd nature to me. So the more inputs I get from you folks, the better the tutorial will be.

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I think I'd suggest going through our tutorials section first and if you see something that's not there, create a tutorial on it.

Otherwise, you could approach it simply as "Painting with Sabrina" and go from start to finish with your own process.

3. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Just my thoughts, I'd say....do the tutorial as if you were teaching a class. Start off with the basics:

1st step - washing the pieces?
    2nd step - ???
    3rd - ???

etc etc :)  In short, just give a details of a step by step in how you're able to create these masterpieces of art. If you're planning on including pictures as well, that would be a huge plus. Either way, we'd all be truly appreciative of any tips and suggestions you give :D 

4. C2567

C2567 Well-Known Member

Do a case study, like lets say you get a commission for a leader class optimus. you start on the custom and document each step and the techniques you use from start to finish..

i think this type will be the most useful instead of straight drop in drop out tutorials

5. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    You're right! pictures for every step of the way. Thanks!

6. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Here are a few things I'd like to see:
    How do you get the shiny, metallic look?
    How do you avoid brush strokes?
    Hoe do you get the paint so flat and even?

7. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Id personaly like to know what materials and tools you use. also your paint mixture. Products you use(with pics) and what web sites you get them I think this would be a great start off point. That will help us alot to follow your tutorial

I just got an airbrush so im pretty excited to see these tutorials when there finished

And a big thanks for doing these

8. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Another issue I have trouble with is when I paint something the paint won't stick to the corners very well. Maybe it's an issue with acryllics but not other paints...

9. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

this^^^..and if u run into unexpected probs it would be a lot easier to remember as u come across them instead of thinking off the top of ur head with so much ahead of you with the build and trying to document it all....just document as u go through one of ur normal commissions..and agree with the pic comment the more the better..well in depth pics of ur style of painting and techniques as many as possible/feasable..:thumbs2: