S.T.A.L.K.E.R. thread.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by SpacenoidMechwarrior, Jun 27, 2014.

1. SpacenoidMechwarrior

SpacenoidMechwarrior Ten years of quality TFW2005 Supporter

So... TFW...
    Has anyone here played any of the "Stalker" games?

2. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Yup. Yup and Yup. Fun games games filled with great atmosphere and unique gameplay. Although I could never really get into CoP, I think the constant blowouts got me into a few situations where I had some way too frustrating quicksaves. I really wish there were more games like this out there.

3. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Noisemaze Collector

News Credits:
    Own them all, only finished CoP. One of the best looking weather systems for it's time. Excellent atmosphere and tension.

4. MechaFanboy

MechaFanboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For some reason, I could never complete a STALKER game, despite pouring dozens of hours into the series. Great atmosphere, only to to be brought down by lackluster (sometimes, even comical) presentation; the voice-acting in COP is "so bad , it's good" material. I did have my fair share of fun with the series though; it goes against the design philosophy of the generic AAA shooter, introducing elements such as inventory management, resource management, exploration etc. It has some layers of depth to it, quite unlike the modern shooters which are streamlined to a nauseating fault.

It's such a pity that the dev had shut down, sigh.

5. j3

j3 Hampton Yount is my Crow T. Robot TFW2005 Supporter

I've been know to spend a few hundred hours in the Zone from time to time. Love the series and was genuinely heartbroken when STALKER2 died. There's quite a few good mods out there to keep it going but somehow I always end up back in SHoC with just ZRP.

Survarium from Vostok is pretty cool but it's still just team multiplayer matches right now, maybe when the persistent world comes along it'll capture some of that STALKER feel I'm missing