S.N.D. Primo X-Mortis Upgrade Kit (Nova Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 29, 2015.

1. johnbonhamatron

johnbonhamatron Big ol' Nightbeat fanboy

News Credits:
    Right... do you lovely people remember how your feedback was instrumental in the wings on the kit looking the way they do now? And how the choices we make in terms of designs are influenced by what you would all like to see?

Well...

I've been talking to SND about the possibility of selling those replacement hip ratchets separately, for people to add to the Vitalis kit. We agree that we need a better idea about whether this would sell, before we can commit to producing it ('cos business, and we need better data than just our gut feeling that it'd sell :p  )

So it's over to all of you! If SND produced this, would you buy it?

Obviously we don't know what the cost would be yet. But given that the entire X-Mortis kit is $70, the price for these would be as low as we can possibly make it, since it's four bits of plastic, and two springs.

The more info we can get on the potential size of the market, the more likely it is to happen, so leave a reply, and badger everyone else who bought the Vitalis kit (and/or Prafectus and Nemein too, obviously) to do the same!

• Like Like x 7
  2. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Where ??? Or do we have to find it ourself.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The ratchets alone probably won't sell, tbh. It's a single small part, and the cost to produce, package and sell will likely not be worth it. At best, it's a bonus if the run could carry two sets in the kit, but if it doesn't... Oh well. Maybe someone will make something similar via Shapeways afterwards. *Shrug*

4. johnbonhamatron

News Credits:
    Well... we haven't made them yet... :p 

Basically, just doing some polling at the minute, to see if there'd be a market for them.

I've also set up a poll on my Facebook page (link in my sig) if people would prefer to vote there.

Thanks in advance, everyone! :) 

EDIT TO ADD:
    My gut feeling is that there might be people who bought one or more of the first three kits who don't want the Nova kit, so if we included extra ratchets with that, they'd be left out, or they'd have to pay $70 just for a set of hip ratchets.

I dunno, felt a bit unfair, I guess, to potentially leave people out.

Also, they'd be the wrong colour. :p 

• Like Like x 4
  5. geekatron prime

geekatron prime Transform and Transcend!!!

Hell, yeah!!! :)  I'll take 3 sets of ratchets since I have all three of your first kits. Love these kits. Can't wait for this next one to come out. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  6. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    i'd buy them, or make the kit 75 and two of the ratchets.

7. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
    If those ratchets are really good wouldn't surprise me if you could sell them as a three pack.

8. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got my preorder in with thechosenprime! So can’t wait for this kit!

• Like Like x 1
  9. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

Nonnef had ratchets for the CW Prime molds and while I Don't have sales data they're the longest available item on his site (and still available). So while you may indeed be correct there is some precedent that they could be profitable or at the least demand is somewhat there.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Scott_XIII

Scott_XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Nonnet hip ratchets are great, I would replace every ratchet In a Combiner torso if the parts were made available.

• Like Like x 3
  11. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I had a couple un-opened sets of those Nonef hip ratchet fix kits for CW trucks that I turned in to TCP a couple weeks ago since I don't need them anymore, so they may still have them if someone needs a set.

• Like Like x 1
  12. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

Nonnef makes top notch stuff for sure. I've a few sets of his ratchets installed (as well as some of his other upgrades as well). One of the reasons I hope SND will hopefully sell these ratchets though is for other torsos. I know the immediate reaction is to put these on a Vitalis kit but I really like the idea of these stabilizing my Menasor too.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Brogey

Brogey Well-Known Member

Would these ratchets work on the figures that don't have the previous kits or are the previous kits required because of the parts the kits replace?

14. ReturnoftheMack

ReturnoftheMack Well-Known Member

I guess im indifferent. I have the vitalis kit and it desperately needs them. I plan to get this kit and if i do any combining, it would be this one. I likely wont go back and do the vitalis kit, but since i will be working on this one i qould also replace the ratchets. I personally would likely not buy a standalone set, but would use them if included with the entire kit. I hope this is helpful.

15. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

Yes they'll work on any version of the mold (as far as we know, as there's no difference in the ratchets on any of them) They just replace the stock ratchets on the figure.

16. Brogey

Brogey Well-Known Member

Ok cool. I have this kit on order but haven't got the 3 other kits. For some reason i thought the lower torso and hips were replaced in the kits. So i would be interested in just the ratchets also to complement the nonnef ratchets.

17. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

The lower torso does get replaced and hips as well. But these ratchets go into a part that isn't replaced. (At least I don't think)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. johnbonhamatron

News Credits:
    What he said ^

Yes, basically, every variant of CW Prime/Motormaster is identical from the waist down, so you wouldn't need the previous kits for the new hip ratchets to work, and they'll work on every variant of the figure. :) 

EDIT TO ADD:
    Parts of the lower torso and crotch section are replaced by the kits, aye. But yes, exactly like you said, the ratchets replace bits that the first 3 kits didn't (and the X-Mortis kit wouldn't if we hadn't put the ratchets in :p  ).

• Like Like x 2
  19. Brogey

Brogey Well-Known Member

These sound like they should be a huge hit then. I could probably use 5 or 6 sets of the ratchets myself.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Bumblemus Prime

Bumblemus Prime Cracked in the head

this thread is ironic considering I ordered Nonnef ratchets for the BC Prime as soon as the preorders for this guy went up

• Like Like x 2