S.N.D. Primo X-Mortis Upgrade Kit (Nova Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 29, 2015.

1. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    Get both? :D 

• Like Like x 4
  2. Talos

Talos Odin's Doppelgänger

No contest there. Getting both seems like an absolute must! I've got a few BC Primes on hand, along with the poor man's Grand Scourge (Motormaster). Although if Beelzeboss ever gets around to releasing their renditions of Nova Prime, then there could be four times the fun to be had. We need more Nova Primes! Maybe Sentinel Prime too, but we'll see. Otherwise, good times indeed!

• Like Like x 4
  3. WieQuadrat

WieQuadrat Well-Known Member

As 2 post before me sez, is there a new hip ratchet but seems odd shape? I have a bad red op that i want to give new ratchet . So i hope i can give with this one.

My white op is ok ratchet. Or this ratchet is necessity

4. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think they probably realized that they added soooo much more to the figure that they are making their own figure entirely. Seriously the front of the truck looked to have as much mass as the entire BC prime.

5. xcorpeo

xcorpeo Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm reading and replying this thread for the first time thanks to @daimchoc 's facebook post. I must say the images look fantastic. And the rumored white prime KO should be confirmed asap, so more buyers could get onboard! An "integrated KO" would solve the added work of sourcing for an original prime this many years after it's release, as well as removing pins to fit the kit on (aaand removing the autobot logo for comic accuracy). And I'm guessing the "integrated KO" would still be an attractive price point. Just something to consider. And if I hadn't said it yet, great work!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Angry Scientist

Angry Scientist Well-Known Member

Man I just wanna see the Grand Scourge version of this, cause I dunno if I should get this and the black version of the last kit or the other way around (still hoping for that Godbomber version for my actual CW Optimus, could someone post that old image containing all of what they were planning please?).

7. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    hell if there was a ko with the kit integrated id buy that simply to not have to do the pin removal

• Like Like x 2
  8. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

I know the pin removal was scary as $#!+ the first time I did it. But I've installed the Vitalis kit now a few times. For me I think I would prefer to pop the pins. I've really grown to enjoy the idea that I'm putting together or building this new toy. There's a lot of satisfaction in it. I 100% understand the worry though, and why people would want something integrated into a KO to make the process easier. I know if I can pop the pins (and I'm a complete oaf with this stuff) anyone can.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Fenrys

News Credits:
    i tried to pop the pins on a battlecore at one point to prep it for the kit (this was awhile back) and to see if i could do it. i ended up splitting the plastic. granted i didnt have any support blocks or anything like that, and ive since successfully removed pins from two figures, but still, its pins and thin plastic

10. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

I actually didn't use the support block for my Vitalis pins. I used the edge of the wooden steps heading into my basement. Just one or two good whacks and let pliers do the rest of the work. Slow and steady. I'm still scared when I do it everytime though.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Fenrys

News Credits:
    regardless, im loving this kit and really looking forward to it. hopefully it wont have the paint scuffing/chipping issues vitalis had

12. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

Other than the weapons doesn't appear anything else is molded in the translucent plastic so.it should be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

How much pin removal will be involved with this kit?

14. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

Two pins, long and short pin at the waist. They're what allows the new waist piece to be installed.

The smaller seems to be the trickier of the two to pop. The big ones pretty easy.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  15. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Gonna have to get a pin punch now. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  16. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

I actually just used a small nail when I did mine. Some of the Vitalis kits came with extra pins too, so the second kit I received I just used the pin to punch...the pin! But yeah, a punch is probably the safest route.

• Like Like x 1
  17. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    I just used a nail-set kit. Came in a 3 pack in different diameters from my local hardware store. Only cost $3-4 for the pack. Did all 3 of S.N.D.'s previous kits using them. No problems.

• Like Like x 1
  18. TJBacon

TJBacon Well-Known Member

I very slightly scarred my thumb doing the pin removal for Primo Vitalis, that stung real bad. Worth it though. But for this I'll probably look to do it a bit safer than just on the floor with make shift support lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. johnbonhamatron

johnbonhamatron RIP

News Credits:
    I was wondering who'd be the first to spot that... ;) 

Anyway, I don't want to spoil the surprise when people open the box, so I'm saying nothing. :p 

• Like Like x 2
  20. ReturnoftheMack

ReturnoftheMack Well-Known Member

im getting this for sure, but given the chance, would you all also get the prafectus kit? I have 2 BC primes waiting. They seem different enough. ALready have the vitalis kit and it looks great. Had to do some touchup on the chest piece, but after the paint and a little floor polish, it looks pretty good.

• Like Like x 1