S.H. MonsterArts

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Baltan, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Considering half of the anime today is just rehashing the same stuff that has been done in the past better, it wouldn't be a big loss. In fact, a lot would probably thank the stations for doing so. :lol 

They might show their age, but a lot of them were still made far superior to any Godzilla movie that came after. I'll take almost any Showa movie over anything from the 90s and half of the Millennium series. In some ways, I agree that the Showa era should have ended when Tsuburaya died because no one has ever topped him. Tezuka's team are the only people to ever come close.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I think you and I are looking for different things in Godzilla movies as I rather enjoy the more serious stuff from the Hesei and Millennium eras. Not to say I don't enjoy the Showa stuff too, but most of them after Ghidorah come across as rather campy and how ridiculous can we get with the plots and monsters.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    ^^I'm not denying that the Showa movies well the later ones anyone did get wacky however they are important to the history of Godzilla just as much so as the later eras and the original 54 movie because it helped kept the franchise alive and brought in elements that would be later used again in the Hesei and Millennium movies just like how the 66 Batman series was important to help Batman be in the public eye again before the Burton movie helped cement him as the icon people know him as today. It's important to remember that fact.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    I need Jet Jaguar.

5. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I love seeing Godzilla doing wrestling moves. Who was that sucka foo he drop kicked again?:D 

6. Pharoid

News Credits:
    Megalon

• Like Like x 1
  7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Agreed. Wasn't saying anything of the sort really. Just that the idea that Dr. Kain suggested was a bit much. As far as getting Showa monsters in this line I'm all for it, but can't imagine they wouldn't be freakin' tiny like the Showa Godzilla that they did.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm not a Jet Jaguar fan at all, but at this point, I will even take him. Just someone, ANYONE from the Showa era that isn't Godzilla.

I enjoy the more serious movies, but the Heisei movies were lazily put together pieces of crap with generic miniatures that had very little detail, human characters that were as exciting to watch as a football game (I'd rather watch paint dry), and monsters that were way too big to really move, causing the battles to be pretty much laser light shows.

Don't get me wrong, there are parts of the 90s movies I am entertained by as long as the movie doesn't have Space in its title, but the problem was Toho had no one they were competing with during the 90s, so they didn't have to put any effort into their movies. If you notice, Godzilla 2000 has a lot of work put into its miniatures because Gamera III was out the same year, so they knew they had to provide a quality product.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Slave IV

Haha, that's right! Thanks!

10. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I guess the Japanese audience are too damn stubborn to admit that despite the Showa and/or Millennium Eras cheesiness it's still part of the Godzilla genre. Like how G1 fans can't get pass the fact that their franchise has evolve beyond the G1 series. Either way if they do make kaiju from that series awesome, if not than that's a damn shame.

11. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

So when Kaiyodo made all their Showa kaiju releases, who were they targeting? The western fans? It wouldn't surprise me knowing the western characters they made under their SFX line, unless they were already popular with the Japanese crowd.

12. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That would be my guess. Or Bandai/Toho would only let them release Showa stuff. I mean, Bandai's grip was apparently so tight that we couldn't even get a Showa Godzilla from them.

13. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Heads up, at anime island you must pay in full to get the entire 10% discount. I preordered Destroyah with the 20% deposit and they said they will only take the 10% off the deposit, not on the remaining balance which is a dick move in my opinion.

14. Slave IV

Yep, it's a ridiculous policy. I cancelled my order and reordered and just paid full up front. I don't like doing that but their price is too good to pass.

15. Pharoid

News Credits:

I am with you on the Showa era stuff. It drives me nuts that I have every Showa Kamen Rider and bad guy I want but I get no Godzilla stuff.

Jet Jaguar size-changing monster fighting robot pretty much everything awesome.

16. Digi

Digi Well-Known Member

I could see myself buying MechaGodzilla, Hedorah, and Anguirus from Showa era, but Anguirus is the only must have. I do need them to recolor Mothra though, never got her.

• Like Like x 1
  17. jappy247

jappy247 Overlord’s chief assistant

Anyone know why shin godzilla is not being released in the united states?

18. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    You mean movie wise or toy wise? Because we are getting a limited USA release next month.

19. jappy247

jappy247 Overlord’s chief assistant

Sh monsterart. This mean we will see a tamashii USA release?

20. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Oh. Well I think he'll show up here somehow in the future and if not there's always the NECA version.