S.H. MonsterArts

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Baltan, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm going to have to wait until my Oct 20th paycheck before I can get him.

I saw the NECA one at SDCC and thought it looked terrible. The spines are way too small and the lower jaw is way too thick.

2. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Oh yeah? I'll see for myself and decide I guess. So far NECA Godzillas have been more than good enough to me. After getting my only SHMA (KG), I am impressed but still nothing there that warrants 4 times the price unless the NECA is just really bad looking. Just for comparison, what do you think of the previous NECA Godzillas?

3. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wow. Mine is no where that bad. I'd post pics but the damn forum is giving me crap on my mobile when I try to attach images.

4. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Their 94 and Burning Gs are crap. The 84 one is okay. Their 2014 one is superior to the MA. I like some things better on the Neca 54 Godzilla, but the spines and tail are better on the MA.

5. Slave IV

Ok good to know we share almost completely opposite opinions so I'll probably be happy with NECA GMK. The '94 and '54 NECAs are the best so far to me and I don't give a crap about any 2014 version. Granted, I'm sure the SHMA are probably a bit better in most cases but again, not 4-5 times better. If the NECAs truly looked like crap to me, price wouldn't matter but they don't. I'll save my money for other monsters from SHMA since NECA doesn't do any and stick with them for Godzilla himself.

6. Slave IV

Lol, you guys are dicks. After all that, I just Jedied myself with your help into ordering GMK SHMA. I figure, it's one of my favorite Godzilla looks and I might as well splurge for one definitive figure for him. Plus, I thought about how I missed out on Mecha Godzilla and still not over how pissed I am about it.

7. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good choice. I'm sure I'm ten years you'll look back and be happier that you made this decision.

8. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Where the hell do you even order GMK? Isn't it a Japan online exclusive?

9. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    In Japan. In the US it is a regular release just like every MonsterArt. BBTS has it.

10. Slave IV

Yeah, NY and AE usually carry the exclusives but they are cheaper at BBTS for once.

11. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Opened '54 Godzilla today, and was pleasantly surprised that he's really nice. I still wish we were getting ANY non-Godzilla kaiju like we used to, and still not thrilled at the lack of accessories ('54 is iconic enough to merit its own breath effect, you'd think) but on its own he's nice. No paint issues on mine I can see, every joint is nice and fluid. I'm sooooooo glad this guy got upsized a bit to be closer in size to the Heisei/Millennium/Legendary characters and not the smaller/lankier '64 mold.

I wasn't sure about how to feel about it being shades of gray to reflect the original film, but in-hand, and lined up next to the other MonsterArts, it sets it apart in a good way that I appreciate. It's also definitely gray, despite even the box imagery bearing a tint of green. There are still things I'd change about the release, but the figure itself is solid.

The Option Building sets arrived in the same order, and those manage to feel disappointing. I know the earlier buildings from the Godzilla effect sets didn't exactly have a ton of paint on them, but they still had detail to them, while these buildings are so plain. Even the damaged set isn't great because only half of the buildings it comes with are actually damaged. If you want a real city diorama/display set up, these help fill things out but they don't wow me at all. The best thing about them is little pieces on top of each can be removed, revealing a peg for a Tamashii Stage pole to peg in to.

[​IMG]

12. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Amazon also carries all the SHM regular and web exclusive releases. They usually go on sale eventually also and can be had for a good deal. I got the Mecha King Ghidora earlier this year for about $125.

13. Primeconvoy1

Primeconvoy1 Cybertronian Broker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
  14. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I don't mind repaints, sure it's annoying as hell. But it's sort of a good thing for those you missed out on figures do have a chance to obtain one. But what do I know I'm just a simple guy who likes simple stuff.

15. Slave IV

I preordered mine already. I don't mind repaints, especially when they are improved and I didn't buy the first version. Win-win for me. And yeah, it's cheaper at BBTS.

16. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Pre-ordered mine this morning. I seriously can't wait to finally have a Destroyah! My daughter will be thrilled!
    Now all I need is for them to re-release the early forms.

17. dapro

dapro Well-Known Member

After reward $ and 10% off. I can get Destroyah for $124.72. It just sitting there in my cart right now from Anime Island.

18. Slave IV

I see that it is discounted a little over $12 there but how do you get 10% off? I may need to order from there instead, especially with free shipping.

19. dapro

dapro Well-Known Member

when check out use this promo code, 10OFF2016 .

20. Slave IV

Excellent! I've never used them before...do you know if I choose the 20% down option, will that 10% off apply just to the down payment or the whole amount? Thanks for the heads up!