S.H. MonsterArts

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Baltan, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Castellan Zilla

Castellan Zilla M E T A L M U T T

I would sell them cheap. Sold my G14 for 40 and my Kiryu 2002 for 80. Kiryu was in excellent condition and goes for insane prices in the aftermarket.

You're under the impression that my personally owned figures are in shit condition. They aren't. I base my opinions on this line from the experiences I've recounted from others. For the most part, I've lucked out.

If you want to spend scalped prices for these lumps of plastic, that's your business and your money. I personally don't think they are worth the prices at MSRP and certainly not evilbay prices. A good portion of the ones I own I got for dirt cheap.

2. jappy247

jappy247 Overlord’s chief assistant

As a fan of godzilla since I was 8, I would always visit my family in Japan and buy a couple bandai vinyls. I'll be happy with whatever Bandai picks to make, at least they are making old figures non the less.

3. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    I don't think your toys are in bad shape and I don't care I just buy new stuff, personal preference. And you missed the point entirely. The point is eBay represents the "market" in others words what a broad group of collectors are willing to pay. You maybe be smarter than everyone and able to ferret out great deals but that's not the point. What you think doesn't matter what the group buys does. The point is SHMA hold their value and in many cases sell for premiums. That in fact proves there is a susbtantial collector base and completely debunks the wrong-headed assertion that the line is fundamentally flawed. Facts is a bitch.

4. Castellan Zilla

LOL, not really. A lot of the sellers on Ebay are scalpers. I know a few specifically. When people go to sell their personal collections they see those scalped prices and end up jacking their asking prices as well.

I've seen listings sit and sit because of the insane dollar amount being asked. So yea, sellers can ask for whatever price they want. Doesn't mean they are being sold at that price.

A 150 dollar first edition Godzilla 1994 is going to struggle being sold at that price. But a gently used 90 dollar one? That's going go real quick.

5. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Well, if anyone has the figures I mentioned to sell for a decent deal, lmk! Used is fine as long as it is in new-like condition.

6. Pharoid

News Credits:
    Golly there are scalpers on eBay!?!? It's called "completed listings" bro. What actually happened... That's your market.

7. Castellan Zilla

Yet I can go to a site like AmiAmi and find a first edition Godzilla for either 8,280 or 6,640yen.

Get registered SAL shipping and you're still making out better then the scalpers on Ebay. You're completed listings mean nothing. If you're shelling out around 200 dollars for a Godzilla 2000, you're a fool. Plain and simple. That's not the market, that's falling for scalpers when there are cheaper alternatives out there. But that requires research and some work. Which some simply don't want to do. Lawl

AmiAmi [Character & Hobby Shop] | (Pre-owned ITEM:A/BOX:B)[w/First Release Bonus] S.H.MonsterArts - Godzilla(Released)

8. Pharoid

News Credits:
    Do you actually check things? There are an insane amount of completed Godzilla 2000 for $75-$85. Completed listing does prove one thing you can't admitt when your wrong.

9. Castellan Zilla

10. Pharoid

News Credits:
    Are you being willfully ignorant or just arguing for no reason? At least 28 SHMA Godzilla 2000 sold between $75 and 80 something in June -July Because you can find one or two outside the normal range just goes against the average; The point is the average. To get back to the actual point SMHA prices are stable and the line is healthy. Even your AmiAmi prices prove that. Either way I am out now you cherry pick points and your argument is baseless.

11. Bacon Master

Bacon Master Banned

Lol. Never once did we say this line has been a disaster. We said this line is flawed.

Which it is.
    Extremely.

But onto my "empty threat"...

12. Castellan Zilla

The AmiAmi prices are for a figure that has since long been out of production. Hence why it gets jacked up in price. The AmiAmi price is closer to where it should be. Reading comprehension friend.

Do you not realize there's two different Godzilla 2000s? The new repaint is going for the prices you stated. Not the original. Not on EBay anyway.

13. Pharoid

News Credits:
    Your original post bro, you "long time fan" were dropping out, apparently with so many others, as evidenced by those falling eBay and AmiAmi prices. I guess Monsterarts is over time to shut it down.

14. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, unless one can choose the figures in person (which is difficult), I will never buy them online.

If you're comfortable with how the Neca Gojis look (excluding the G14 version), go for it as IMO they look pretty good.

15. Faelon

Faelon Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why the sudden rush of negativity? (Well okay beyond any figure fan forums normal constant outrage of "not enough new molds!!!")

As pricey collectors figures go I have been more than sufficiently satisfied with the SHMA offerings. Could some things be better? Always. Are they still among the best we Kaiju fans have seen? Hell yes. The foolish collector spends his days chasing after perfection in someone else's craft.

16. jappy247

jappy247 Overlord’s chief assistant

Funny how tf fans dont complain about the reuse of molds in the masterpiece line, and Takara is worse with this than Bandai.

17. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMO maybe TF fans are conditioned to accept repaints because TF lore has a long history of unique characters being repaints? For example, the Seekers and the Datsun brothers.

18. Pharoid

News Credits:
    That is exactly the problem. There is NO rush of negativity. There are two posters grinding their own personal axes and trying to present the "state" of SHMA as flawed and sinking; When in fact this is demonstrably not true. The line is doing well and if anything there is an appetite for more figures. It's funny how one or two people can effect perception.

19. Castellan Zilla

It has the potential to sink, like any toyline. And every line is flawed in some form or another. SHMA totes being the best of the best but has produced some of the shoddiest figures I've ever seen and the drones still just eat it up.

I go after NECA too for their screw ups, but NECA's flaws are usually on 20 dollar figures. A SHMA style flaw is gonna run you about 70-200 dollars. See the difference?

When SHMA first started out they were hitting it. The figures looked great. Some were bricks sure, but the paint and sculpt were what you had always wanted. Now that they are raking in the cash I feel Tamashii thinks they can just shat out whatever and the mindless masses with just scoop it right up.

I honestly hope a lot of people wait to see reviews before they get the latest rendition of King Ghidorah. Cause there are collectors still hurting from the wing fiasco from the first release.

20. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

So what happened to the merged Godzilla thread from yesterday? Why was it deleted? Dude who made all those threads was going off but there was still some cool stuff in there worth seeing.