S.H. MonsterArts

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Baltan, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Yeah ok. He created the original which has a fucking human skull on it. He isn't the end all be all of the design. Which is clearly obvious since after that he had no more say or control in it. It was what it was for the first film and that was his design and for that film was great. It was later reworked to be different. Even for the "Aliens" film which you said went downhill after that. The Aliens versions are so vastly different from "Big Chap" that you actually counter yourself in your claims. Because the stuff in "Aliens" is closer to the AVP and later stuff then it is to the original Big Chap Alien. So you make no sense at all. Also for the record Giger himself said the Alien 3 stuff was ok in the end and he liked what they did with it.

Your opinion will never be fact. Only opinion.

Also welcome to my ignore list. I have no time for people like you.

2. Mewtwo

Back on topic. Shinobi03 if 3 of those are Neca, Monsterarts and Revoltech what is the 4th one? :confused: 

3. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I missed out on Fire Rodan, but I think this will do nicely when it is release.

4. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn. Much prefer normal to fire rodan. Hate having to get out of this line.

5. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Regular Rodan looks cool, but not enough to make me buy him again unless they make his wings fully accurate to the movie and give him a crap ton of accessories. Chances are though, it will be Rodan and a stand with nothing else but cost the same price the fire version did.

Really? Because mine cannot turn more than half a cm. I can move it up and down, but not left and right.

6. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Um... yeah, he had nothing more to say? They only had him design the one for Alien 3 (which is why he said it was okay) and then Ridley had him come to see their work on Prometheus for his input. However, the aliens from Resurrection on where utter shit. The ones in AVP do not even remotely look like the ones from Aliens. The head is completely wrong. And I Know Giger did not work on the ones from Aliens, however, they were still in the spirit of his design. The ones in AvP are nothing but CGI models and they couldn't even get it right.

Overly sensitive much? If you can't handle a little sarcastic criticism joke on the internet, how do you expect to handle the real world?

7. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Revoltech Alien Clear version
    [​IMG]

8. Mewtwo

Ahh. Ok.

Could you post more pics of the Revoltech (normal) one? I'm still debating picking one up and some pics are always nice. Perfectly understand if you don't want to though. Just thought I'd ask.

9. SHINOBI03

Sure. Why not?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Mewtwo

Oh wow man... thanks. These are great. Though I'm not sure what is with some of those later ones... :lol 

Is the dome part removable normally or do you have to un-glue it?

11. SHINOBI03

Wacky display of flexibility :D 

+

They don't have any glued parts. The Revoltech dome is attached by friction, but the Monsterarts is attached by two tab near the eyes. They are easy to remove, but the Monsterarts needs to be little careful with
    [​IMG]

12. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find the highly visible skull under the alien head detracting, I know it was in the original design but in the movie it was invisible, I found the alien more intimidating with that more 'blind' look, makes it far more sinister. I have the revoltech version and the skull is better hidden, still the monstearts version looks pretty cool though id be tempted to hide that skull a bit more!!

13. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I hate Revoltech's toys and will never buy another one again. I also find their sculpts to be inferior to Bandai's, especially in the stomach area as in your pic here:

[​IMG]

Interesting that the dome can be taken off that easily though. I might take advantage of having the time to exchange mine at Amazon and try to dark the dome up.

ALthough, what type of paint should I use? Is there a such thing as an Opaque paint?

BTW, Shinobi, how did you get your head to move that far right? My figure's head will not move more than half a CM left or right. Did you use force?

14. SHINOBI03

You "can", but personally I don't recommend doing it. As you can see here, the head is connected in two places:

The first is this sorta ball joint that connects to the neck via this piece. As you can see the piece doesn't look that strong and forcing it may break it as some point.
    [​IMG]

The other place are these very small tabs on the sides of the neck. These are the ones connecting the neck to the bottom jaw area. If you want to loose the head you need to move them out of their sockets and in that size they may break too.
    [​IMG]

15. Mewtwo

Ok thanks for the info an pics. :) 

If the revoltech one is just on by friction is it a problem being loose? Like if you flip it upside down does it fall off?

16. SHINOBI03

No problems now, but it might be in the future.

17. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh yeah, I know all about what is underneath the head as I had the head fall off right out of the package.

I was able to get the head to turn like yours though, but I had to use force to do it (so Naruto65 was right).

So I decided to try something and took the dome off and then smeared a black sharpie over it. It is definitely much darker now, but I have to say that Bandai's decision to paint in the eye sockets is really what is throwing everything off. Nevertheles, it does look better but for some reason it comes out a little blue when I took a picture.

Here is a picture with the flash on:

[​IMG]

Without flash:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the dark:

[​IMG]

It isn't perfect, but it will have to do with what I can do to it.

18. Mewtwo

Ok. Thanks again for all the info and pics. :) 

19. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    That batra is big but it does not look big enough. I love batra larval form, I was hoping it to be equal in height to the original shma godzilla.

20. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Normal Rodan looks sooooo much better than Fire Rodan.