S.H. MonsterArts

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Baltan, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I like the picture with the flowers attached. Too bad she doesn't really come with those.

That is why I have a no pets allowed rule in our apartment.

2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well that wouldn't have flown with my wife. :lol 

Some things are more important than toys...

3. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Meh, my g/f wants a pet, but I refuse to allow us to have one. Plus, our rent would go up $100 a month.

Anyway, I couldn't help myself, I ordered Burning Godzilla.

4. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Burning G is probably the best SHMA Godzilla mold out right now. Much of it is actually translucent plastic skillfully painted & it's larger then the original 1994 SHMA Godzilla with new parts, not just a repaint, which makes it out of scale. But who cares. It's basically Godzilla dying in a state of nuclear meltdown & the Maser tanks it comes with are awesome.

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    That Godzilla is supposed to be bigger, if I remember right. Just like the radiation mutated Junior at the end and made him grow into a full-size G, the radiation that was overloading Godzilla was making him grow, too.

Anyway, I've been going back and forth about either getting Burning G, or maybe taking another swing at a non-googly eyed 1994 Godzilla...

6. GMANIFESS

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I used to think that too.
    But No. Same size. It's the same suit from 1994 (G vs Space Godzilla) just modified for the final Heisei film. He didn't grow, just became physically unstable & more powerful during the meltdown. His size did not increase. Toho was on a budget. :eek:  The last size increase was in 1992 for G vs KG. He maintained the same size from 92 - 95.

The SHMA figure became bigger to deal with the 'issues' & 'flaws' of the original release. And in making him more articulated the size was inadvertently increased. But for my own sanity & scale issues on my shelf i've been going by your theory. :wink: 

7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I get that they used the same suit. But wasn't he supposed to be bigger in-story?

8. GMANIFESS

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    NOPE. Not in the original Japanese version or the English dubbed.

9. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Okay. I thought I remembered reading on one of the fan sites, a list of statistics including height for each movie that had come from an official source. But since I can't source that or remember a link, I'll defer to you. Maybe I'm remembering completely wrong and it's just one of those fan theories that gets repeated so often it eventually gets accepted as having come from somewhere official. I've seen enough of those over the years to see how easy it is for that to happen.

In any case, Burning G is still a great toy :thumbs2: 

10. GMANIFESS

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    AGREED.
    It makes total sense he should be bigger since this is the most powerful Godzilla. And the figure is an absolute beast!! It was my first SHMA & i've been celebrating ever since.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. GMANIFESS

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

12. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My only problem is that it is basically Godzilla. But, my choices were either $40 for Junior that I really only want for the helicopters or Burning Godzilla for $53 because it has a jacked up box so Amazon put it under their used listing.

Actually, the head in GvsD was a bit different from the one used in GvsSG.

As for size... I'm pretty sure he was meant to be bigger. I'll double check on that with my Godzilla cards (from Japan).

13. GMANIFESS

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    True. There were several tweaks to the '94 suit to make burning G. Including:
    sections of the costume were removed & replaced for the glowing effects, especially the eyes.

And please check those cards since that would be the first official Toho confirmation.

14. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Nevermind, I was thinking of the Showa era Godzilla, which was 50 meters while the Heisei era one was 100 be it regular or Burning.

Funny enough, Godzilla Jr is also 50 meters.

Interestingly, SpaceG, MechaG, and Destoroyah are all 120m.

15. GMANIFESS

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm glad the toys are not scaled according to the movies. But i am looking forward to NECA's 18" Godzilla 2014 & Jakks 31" Godzilla 2014 figure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What movie optimus toy is that?

17. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It depends. I think it is great that they kept all of the Heisei monsters sans Burning Godzilla and Biollante in scale with each other.

On the other hand, if they kept Godzilla 64 in scale with the Heisei series, he would be the same size as Jr. Granted, on one side that would be awesome, as it would mean he would also be $40 instead of $70, but on the other, he would be really really tiny.

That's a cool picture.

Something seems off on that picture. Are they really serious in thinking that the Millennium ones were just over 50m? I find that highly unlikely.

However, that is where I was thinking of that he got bigger. He was 80m in 84 and Biollante and then the whole time changing thing of King Ghidorah caused him to become 100m from the nuclear sub hitting him. The Godzillasaurus thing is still odd though since the Heisei Godzilla is still a different Godzilla from the original.

18. GMANIFESS

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Millennium, being showcase films with 5 different timelines, changed the sizes often.

55 meters for most of them.
    60 meters for GMK.
    100 meters for Final Wars. (budget cuts in the miniatures) :( 

19. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Odd, why did they shrink Godzilla in those movies?

BTW, out of curiosity, is there ANY MonsterArt that does not have some type of QC issue? I love them, but they all have issues.

Godzilla's hand falls off if I move it too much.

Space Godzilla's head falls off if I move it side ways or more than half a cm upwards.

Ghidorah's left wing does not sit inside the back, so it slides down when the wings are flat out with the body and his right next pops out if you look at it wrong.

MechaGodzilla's legs are loose due to the die cast feet weighing them down.

Fire Rodan's left leg seems to be asymmetrical with his right.

20. GMANIFESS

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well all the Godzilla suits are roughly the same height. Except the GMK suit which was the largest at 7ft in height.

Making him smaller in the story means more detailed, realistic & bigger set pieces for him to destroy. When the budget is limited the set pieces have to be smaller, less detailed & won't stand up to any close up shots.
    So basically, smaller Godzilla means bigger & more realistic sets. Bigger Godzilla means smaller, cheaper & less detailed sets. It's all about the Toho budget.

And most SHMA figures have their issues. The price of super articulation often comes with some sacrifice in engineering somewhere. I don't know about the 93 Mecha G, but the Kiryu MechaGodzilla i have is damn near perfection other then the forearm gauntlet weapons falling off when you look at them or accidentally breath on them.