S.H. MonsterArts - Godzilla

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Chosen, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
  2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don’t know man, I have yet to suffer a single breakage from any of my SH stuff - be it Figuarts or Monsterarts but I can’t say the same for Neca...

Of course some may say that it’s expected because of the price difference - better QC is expected from Bandai.

However, I beg to differ...whatever product a company puts out, it has to ensure the QC is “there”.

That’s something I can’t feel about Neca...don’t get me wrong, I have quite a few of their products but some of their decisions are at times...mind boogling.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    That was almost four years ago though. You could wait four years and see if they change their minds or just get the monsterarts and not have to worry about a complete display requiring aftermarket purchases.

4. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    MonsterArts Ghidorah is aftermarket prices, for a figure you can't check for sloppy eye and mouth paint (and that probably isn't that accurate considering they made purposely made Rodan more red to match his Toho appearance).

5. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

Maybe he meant Ghidorah isn't in their plans at that price point? I mean, it'd have to start at the $60 range wouldn't it? I get the impression from NECA that they don't do a lot of one-off sculpts, especially if there's not an obvious repaint option.

I do have a SHM question though: Aside from the dorsal spine gap, are there any significant issues with the Emergence MosuGoji ('64) figure? A local store has one for $70, and I'm seriously considering it.

6. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

As long as you don't have a problem with its smaller scale compared to other MonsterArts, or the dirt on the body, it's a fine figure. Hell, after a paycheck or two I'd be happy to take it off your hands if you didn't mind middlemanning it. I've missed out on a lot of SHMA I wanted over the past year and a half!

7. Luffy

Luffy Slacker lvl X

News Credits:
  8. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

Why should they make a new figure of Godzilla's prime nemesis, when they can just keep cranking out Predator repaints?

9. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    The person on site at NECA's Toy Fair booth said there would have to be a 100-150 dollar price difference to make Ghidorah at scale. Which is utter bullshit. They probably can't be bothered to make a box to package it in. I guess I'd better throw away my 2014 Godzilla figure because I'm not even sure what the point of collecting the series is anymore.

10. Luffy

Luffy Slacker lvl X

News Credits:
    were you actually there or got that off a site?

11. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    27 minute mark of this video.

12. Luffy

Luffy Slacker lvl X

News Credits:
    Don't know what to believe. If it came from randy it bare more weight of course but just a reg neca sales rep makes me take it with a dose of salt.

13. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    You certainly shouldn't believe that it would cost 5 times the price of Godzilla when Bandai's only costs 2.5 times its Godzilla with articulated necks.

14. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Let me get this straight... NECA is willing to release giant 1/4 scale Hulk for $234.99 (according to BBTS) but a slightly bigger than average King Ghidorah is too costly and too big to sell?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nuticon

Nuticon Well-Known Member

Guys, I know this is mainly a MA thread, but figured Id give it a shot: tryna chase down some figures:

• X-plus spacegodzilla
    • Yuji sakai Shin godzilla (original or ric)
    • X-plus sdcc burning godzilla or light up kaibutsuya
    • Etc
    Bbts/ebay are all ive used. Where are you guys buyin yours? New or 2nd hand preferred.

Also back pged a bit, so far i read and checked

• Like Like x 1
  16. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

AVP!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

MANDARAKE - Rulers of Time. (X-Plus Godzilla results linked here)

Mandarake is perhaps the largest 2nd hand retail dealer in all of Japan. They used to have a handful of stores in California, and they're a great source of all things Japanese pop culture. Just about everything they carry is merchandise that has been sold back to them from the original owners (which is often just a case of the packaging having been opened & the contents being practically new.) The biggest catch is that their stores don't "work together" for online orders, meaning if you buy something from two different stores, they'll be treated as two separate orders & two separate shipments. Also, their website shows all items (in stock and sold out) by default, so it's best to scroll down past your search results to toggle the "hide sold out items" option.

I've just ordered the 2016 Shonen RIC-exclusive Shin Godzilla (the one with the purple highlights & "atomic ray" bonus head) for just under $200 shipped ($150-ish plus about $50 EMS shipping,) so I'll let you know how it turns out when it arrives (hopefully) sometime next week.

Related, considering the different kinds of Godzilla toys & collectibles out there, should we maybe have just a general Godzilla thread?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Could repurpose that Godzilla 2014 thread that got bumped by the ID attempt! When I made this thread, it was a Godzilla thread by default because no other franchise was covered by the line. I meant for it to cover any MonsterArts once that opened up but never had a mod successfully edit the title to be more encompassing. You know, like "Godzilla, Gamera, and More!" would've been good.

19. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All are pretty good sites. I would add Amiami but one must be careful because of the King Ghidorah fiasco...they just pasted a shipping label on the actual box and shipped it out.

A number of collectors suffered breakages on the figures such as the wing tips and horns?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Hold on a minute, I thought the X-Plus stuff were vinyls? I didn't know those could break like that.