Running change on Titans Return Chromedome??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jedi Kermit, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Funny how it's exactly the Takara head... right down to the black JIS screw all Takara toys use.

• Like Like x 2
  2. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    This looks legit to me. There doesn't appear to be any funny business going on w/the packaging.

Plus what collector in their right mind would return two Chromedomes in an apparent bait and switch and give up the rarer heads? I honestly don't believe anyone would do that.

Plus there was another boardmember in this thread who also mentioned seeing a Titans Return Chromedome w/the Takara head. They're in California. Cali and South Carolina is awfully far apart for two different sightings not to be legit.

• Like Like x 2
  3. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

I like the Hasbro version's face better, but I am hoping they do the same with Skullcruncher, because I like Takara's head better and I don't wanna pay double for him.

4. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

I really need that head for a custom- Legends too expensive just for the head, but Titans return less so......

5. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well crap..: it's even painted!

I think it was more of a batch getting mixed up than a running change. Very cool find though

• Like Like x 1
  6. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    maybe its a rare variant? i know marvel and star wars did a few, and this makes the best sense in anything i can think of.....

7. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    If this is true, I can't wait to see the eBay prices.

8. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    I"m still thinking this as well.

9. grindcore138

grindcore138 桐生会は不滅なり!

News Credits:
    That's gotta be a factory mix up seeing as that's straight up the Takara head, cool for anyone who comes across them though. I wonder how many more are out there?

10. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    I'm agre that this is a mix-up. But even jf it was a running change one wouks go for about $30-40 online, at that point you might as well just get Takara's version.

11. Cavadus

Cavadus Well-Known Member

Man, you guys actually just made me panic buy TR Chromedome to ensure I got the IDW head and not the G1 one, lol :p 

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  12. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its probably legit but a factory mix-up at this point. If Hasbro were going to use Takara faces for repacks of actual Headmaster characters, I think they would've made some sort of announcement. Plus, I think this Chromedome was probably from the "wave 2 revision 1" (or whatever its formal numbering is) case that also had Highbrow and the four wave 1 deluxes. Surely Chromedome wouldn't be the only character to "benefit" from this "running change", would he? OTOH, a lot of Walmarts have been getting more of that wave, and I admit I haven't paid close attention to the newly stocked Chromedomes, so this might be sitting at one of the local stores.

+-MWG-+

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Yes, actually. You're saying this is "half-assed" which doesn't even make a lick of sense. Explain exactly how this is half-assed? Consideirng there was no expectation of Hasbro ever using this mould, this is more effort than what they needed to do. And you make a blanket, incorrect mind you, assumption that anyone who wants the Takara head would import the Takara figure because they must also prefer that deco. One, they don't have to prefer that deco, and two, not only is the TakTom figure more expensive to start, importing is more expensive. Provided this is a legit variant, this gives fans a chance to get a headsculpt they may prefer for far less than getting the Takara figure, and they can find it at retail instead of having to order online.

And you're treating it like it's a bad thing. I like the IDW head, but say I didn't. Say I prefered the more toy-accurate head, but hated Takara's very blanche, block-coloured deco. This variant is perfect for me. I get the head I want with the more elaborate colourscheme.

It is when the original arguement is total nonsense. Like seriously, is it just programmed into TF fans to write off anything they don't like as "lazy" or "half-assed?" It's like the first thing anyone says, regardless of if it actually is.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Simple logic. If you want the more G1 accurate figure you get Takara. That's what people always say, that's the most common belief and that's what usually happens.

But eh, if people like it what the hell? More power to them.

15. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    But my point is it's not always about complete screen accuracy so much as preference.

Chromedome's head, while not a drastic deviation from his original, clearly represnts a differnet iteration of the character. Takara's head however doubles as both an original toy head or a head based off the Headmaster's cartoon. Just look at the amount of people who bitched and moaned over Hasbro's use of the IDW head simply because it was different. Now those people don't have to pay over double just to have one they don't dislike.

And that still doesn't address how it's "half-assed."

16. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Because is not the G1 look. Simple as that.

17. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    ???

Plenty of figures are not the G1 look. What does that even mean? Many would argue the G1 head fits the blockier TR body better than the IDW head which comes from a much thinner, lankier version of the character.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jedi Kermit

Jedi Kermit Prime

News Credits:
    There should be a third one made to look like the "Rebirth" Chromedome head....

• Like Like x 3
  19. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    Seeing this, I'm beginning to hope that we get an individual headmaster release of the TT Chromedome head. They could call it Tumbler or something.

20. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    I went to a few walmarts today. Not a one of them had the Takara head. I'm calling it a factory mix-up.

Still, very much a cool find. I am completely jealous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.