Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Polenicus, Jul 16, 2008.
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing where this all goes from here.
Awesome stuff as always! Love the slight homage to Prime's transforming-jump-into-blasting-a-gang-of-'Cons move from TFTM. Pax having one of his blaster blown up while in his hand says he is about to face a far more formidable foe. Can't wait for the next one!
Awesome. Will Pax use his trailer's super mode?
Elaborate Running Battle indeed, Pol! So this is that new shooting location you mentioned. Nice.
Special mentions of this Running Battle entry:
- Flame breath Megatron. As if he needed to be scarier!
- "Dissapearing" trailer. Excellent use of its mirrors gimmick.
- Battle damage on Longbow. That's TF Retribution quality battle damage right there!
Wow. Great work on the mirror effects. Also cool to see the U.Onslaught toy get some attention.
@ Longbow not being fast enough to get Orion before Pax got him. Kinda surprised his missiles didn't go & take him w/ them, though...
Now it's time for the main Event! Will Pax use his Parallax upgrades? Based on the title, I have to say YES!
I passed on the Classics Op mold 'cause he lacked the trailer (& had those arm flaps)... Wish I knew FansProject existed, or would, back then, & that they were going to make trailers for him... I did get MP Op, & I was all set (even paid) to get iGear's trailer, until they cancelled it out from under me. (MP Op is naked & incomplete w/o his trailer & Roller) >.< I wound up getting FP's Crossfire 02 in the trailer's place.
& I thought the flame effects in Hot Rod & Brawl's battle a while back in WaP were pretty good... looking to make even better ones? Or did you forget how you did those?
Are you ready to
Do you even read the text under these pics anymore?
1. I should hopefully be done with Parallax in the next update, and back to WaP, for those who miss regular Warring At Play. Already got the update shot!
2. The Commander armors just universally look badass. Every time I photograph them I’m surprised. FP knew what they were doing.
3. Warring At Play needs support! And you get goodies for it! Updates in a few days, as well as a preview page. Those of you who already donated this year should be getting a confirmation e-mail.
I was wondering if anyone would catch that reference
Another awesome battle!
I might have to post something in here, Pol. I love the idea of having one-shot battles that can be taken out of context, and I've wanted to do some stuff with my Human Alliance figures for a while. Expect some posting soon!
I read your notes!
I miss WaP, but this has been a nice filler. Hopefully I'll remember enough WaP to know what's going on... If I wasn't so busy w/ my comic, making sure Swindle,
Sideways & Tarantulas
have schemes to run, I might go back & reread some...
Unfortunately, I passed on Classics Op & Magnus, so I never had need to get one (not that I had the money)... But they do look awesome, & are armed to the teeth! But "Colossus" may have something on them. Judging by their Combaticons, though, they do indeed know what they're doing!
As I posted in the WaP thread, I don't have the means to help you (I don't even have any money, at all, myself... I'm collecting Soda cans to get some of the new Generations TFs), sorry. If all else fails, you can drop the site & return to posting here, but I know you like the site for consolidating your posts.
I was going to post a battle between Voltron & FansProject's Bruticus here, but wound up starting my own comic instead... Still haven't gotten to the Voltron/ Bruticus battle... setting stuff up got away from me... But it is coming soon...
Plain and simple...the cons are just flat out outclassed!
Really great visuals, Pol! The armor does look great, but the planes in flight are still my favorite bit.
That was awesome!
Click on the image above to go to the full comic
1. And so ends this tale of an alternate universe. And perhaps, so begins the tale of its heroes? Time will tell, but if response is positive I think I'm going to make more of these.
2. For those that aren't clear, this whole sequence has been a flashback Protector has been having.
3. Yes, this is an excuse for me to show off my Fansproject and Classics/Henkei/Universe/Generations goodies But at the same time, I found something interesting and compelling about Fansproject's Parallax and Crossfire universe. If I continue this, more elements from that will definitely be incorporated. Yes, that means combiners.
4. While working on this, my job situation changed for the worse, and I no longer have access to this location for filming. Thankfully I got all my shots done beforehand. As my work situation is somewhat tenuous at the moment, I don't think I'll be filming any more battles on my breaks. Except possibly short ones that I know I can finish. Those of you curious about my work woes can read about it here: Give Us Money Or Else!
This Running Battle is finished. Thank you for your patience, you may now continue with your own stuff.
So it's over, eh? But now, I wanna see what Protector and the others are going to be doing! D:
Its always fun to kill off that ugly bastard we ALL hate!
Separate names with a comma.