Rumor: Transformers x G.I. Joe Live Action Movie In Development?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, May 19, 2023.

1. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If the joes aren't recognizable, there's no point.

• Like Like x 1
  2. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    there Is. Never. Plot. When. It. Comes. To. Transformers. And. Gijoe. It’s Always. Good. Vs. bad What More. Plot. You. Need. Stop. Over Thinking. Plot. Is. Obvious. What. It Is

3. HaloGamerGirl69420

HaloGamerGirl69420 Banned

Twitter:
    Oooh! This should be interesting! ^^ I wonder if this is gonna be a one-off thing or the sequel to ROTB where they try to build a cinematic universe with the two ips.

• Like Like x 1
  4. captain N

captain N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Better very very Very Late then never. There was A Lot of the Army in the 2007 movie & in the ones that came later. That Army needed to be G.i Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  5. newmanium

newmanium Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 2
  6. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hoping it'd be an interquel between the first two G.I. Joe movies and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and Transformers: Dark of the Moon.

It would recontextualize Optimus Prime's line "Now we assist our allies in solving human conflicts to prevent mankind from bringing harm to itself" and to take it further Cobra Commander's line from Retaliation, "Destro, you're out of the band", have Destro escape the Joe's Prison from the end of Rise of Cobra and leave Cobra Commander behind.

Or because The President being on his second term from the G.I. Joe movies is not lined up with President Obama being the President during Revenge of the Fallen and flashback of Dark of the Moon, have the Transformers/G.I. Joe crossover and two G.I. Joe movies that are a few months apart take place during the five years between Dark of the Moon and Age of Extinction.

Last edited: May 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  7. KodyCrimson

KodyCrimson Resident Titans Return fan

YouTube (Custom URL):
    If this is real, Hasbro/Paramount are yet another in the line of "we didn't learn anything about taking time to develop the big crossovers from the MCU and instead just want to skip to our Avengers film" like the DCEU did with Batman V. Superman and Justice League. Frankly I feel like that about ROTB already. Maybe it'll pull it off, like I said I'm still giving it a chance.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Starwarrior49

Starwarrior49 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don\'t get me wrong I want this but I\'ll believe it when I see it is the kind of situation here there have been so many rumored movies being developed in the last 5 Years a lot of theme being Hasbro licensed brands but nothing ever comes up I just hope it\'s done right but is there a right way? Probably not anymore it will most likely be made for the masses and not for the fan base as much.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who knows if this will actually happen or what the quality will be, but I've personally thought for a while now that if we're going to make the military a big part of TF movies and have them almost on par power-wise, they might as well be something like GI Joe who are know for being literal supersoldiers. Lennox and Epps should have gotten some of that "good shit" and basically been Joes.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Optimax Prime

Optimax Prime The 14th Prime

Fort Optimax (which is more than meets the eye)
    Regardless of the fact, if this results in more toys of Autobots and Decepticons that turn into G.I. Joe and Cobra Vehicles, then I'm all for it.......although I'd prefer if the Alt-Modes fit better as there was already a Transformer that turns into a Duce Buggy who'd fit better than Bumblebee

• Like Like x 2
  11. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    898841.jpg A Transformers GI Joe live action film?

Some say it could never work but think back to Transformers 2007, just 2007, replace Lenox with Duke, Epps with Roadblock, Secdef with Col Hawk, maybe change the actors around a bit and you have yourself a Transformers GI Joe film.

I think it would be a mistake to have them too closely linked, you don't want GI Joe to exist BECAUSE of Transformers/Decepticons perse, in my personal opinion it would be better to have GI Joe already exist before encountering Transformers and instead of the regular Military, its GI Joe that the forefront.
    latest-3.jpg
    The GI Joe films haven't been doing too well but Rise of The Beasts appears to be putting Transformers back on the map and the future of the TF film franchise appears bright. It could be a mistake to add in GI Joe because if done improperly it could bring down Transformers but if they do it right, it could be beneficial for both franchises, perhaps more so for GI Joe.
    e86r7me1eb871.jpg
    If they do it right it could work out

• Like Like x 2
  12. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    I would very much appreciate if they don't go with the typical team up trope of "the hero groups spend 80% of the movie thinking the other heroes are the main villains"

It's overused.

It's boring.

Have them meet and identify their typical villains as having teamed up in 5 maybe 10 minutes. Then they work together, even if they don't 100% trust each other

• Like Like x 2