RUMOR: Transformers Animated CONCLUDES with Season 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Kickback, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow. I'm surprised, yet not surprised. Maybe I just haven't watched a new episode in such a long time I just lost interest. I believe this to be true. I for one, don't care at this point.

2. GrimlockMinor

GrimlockMinor Dinobot

News Credits:
    hopefully it does continue as a new twist with some of the old characters with some new ones. maybe something along the lines as Transformers animated Cybertron where it takes place on cybertron....but if this is true fuck all of them...

3. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well even if Cartoon network drops it,couldnt another station pick it up?

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Just a thought, but if this is true, maybe they are going to start up another series, that's basically Animated, but have it set in the future, where Optimus has somehow replaced Ultra Magnus as Leader of the Autobots. We could have a continuation of Animated, but also have it be a new show at the same time. Probably just wishful thinking, but it's possible, at leas I think it is.

5. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I feel like this rumor is going to hover over us for awhile.
    Like some vast, predatory bird.

6. samtastic

samtastic Herald of Wheelie

this news is CRAP!!! I love this show! Say it aint so!

7. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Oh please! :banghead: 

8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe Transformers Animated: THE GREAT WAR

9. muffinhunter

muffinhunter Well-Known Member

That's the only way I'm okay with this: "ending" simply means leading into sequel series (Beast Wars/Beast Machines, Ben-10/Ben-10-Whatever-It-Is, Justice League/Justice League Unlimited). Otherwise, I don't see the point of fixing something that isn't broken.

10. cleazer

cleazer Lost in the lights

News Credits:
    This would be really sad news if true.
    TF Animated was definitely well above average, both compared to other TF shows and compared to other cartoons airing currently.

I suppose one problem from Hasbro's standpoint is that they've already produced and sold toys for all the main characters. People are only going to buy so many repaints for TFA Bumblebee, Bulkhead, Prowl, etc.

11. jkon82

jkon82 Active Member

Very Sad to hear

So sad and just when I was really getting into the show and the figures. I hope that the rummors are just that, Rummors. I have almost enjoyed watching Animated as much as the G1 stuff when I was just a kid. At least we all still have season three to look forward to. I have been diying to find out the story behind Sari!

12. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    Another point about on the length issue; I'm not denying that the days of 100-episode runs for US-based kids' animation are long gone, and that thirteen-episode seasons are certainly the norm these days, but even compared to its modern peers, TFA would be getting a very short shrift with only three seasons. Justice League had five seasons and 92 episodes between its two incarnations; Ben 10 had four, plus a further two so far of Alien Force; The Batman and Teen Titans both had five seasons and a DVD movie each.

This isn't even me speaking as a TFA fan, here; the cold fact of the matter is that, for better or for worse, three seasons and 39 episodes would be significantly below average for a modern brand-name action cartoon, and way below average for a Transformers series.

13. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn Well-Known Member

If Animated lasts for a year and a half and yet the shitty Unicron Trilogy lasted for 4 years, then i've lost all hope for the franchise.

14. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Very sad news if true.

Even though 3 seasons sound like the norm, TFA seasons are only 13 episodes long, making it very short when compared to other TF shows.

Beast Wars had 3 seasons: the first one with 26 episodes, and the second and third one with 13 episodes each.

Beast Machines had 2 seasons, both 13 episodes long.

I was hoping for five, like Teen Titans.

I'm just quoting this so it's read again.

Not the same case.

Justice League had 2 seasons, both 26 episodes long. That'd be 4 seasons of TFA. :( 

Then it was revamped as Justice League Unlimited, and lasted 3 more seasons, this time 13 episodes long.

I hope that's the case.

-airfox

15. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    If this rumor is true than I hope Cartoon Network experiences the worst case of indigestion its ever had.

16. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Please let this be true. I am sorry I am so tired of TFA it is amazing. The designs just never cut it. They were too "kiddie" for me and honestly I am not surprised if it is getting cut. My friend's kid who is in their target range doesn't want the Animated Transformer toys because they are too "baby" (his words) for him. TFA had good writing but the style of the show just killed it. Honestly I don't think it would have lasted this long except for the movie hype which got it started in ratings. You can't tell by a single store but count me in the "No Transformers except Animated on the shelves" group. They weren't really selling well compared to Universe or Movie line in my area. That is not a statistic obviously you could tell. PLEASE start over with a COOL looking show but keep the writers of TFA :) . That said I am sorry for TFA fans that your show is getting cancelled. I know that sucks for you and even though I don't like it I can appreciate that you do. :) 

17. swarlock

The major networks other than the ones on Cable won't. Sad to say.

18. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Dearest Kickback,

DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!?!?!

Seriously people are freaking out!!!

But I swear, if Animated gets canned, but Adult Swim keeps airing new eps of clunkers like Robot Chicken, Super Jail, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force, I would be a might pissed.

19. swarlock

Sort of how Ben 10 became Ben 10 Alien Force? Possible.

But let's see where the rumor mill goes.

20. razorchrist

razorchrist Sniper

A for effort, but you're equally missing the mark as much as the member you're replying to. Fact is that for every store, city, or state/province that seems to be successfully selling Animated, there's one where these toys are shelfwarmers. No one on these boards can or should claim that they have any clue whatsoever of how well or poorly these toys are selling overall based on whatever appears to be happening where you may live.

The only thing we do know for certain is that any potential online sales (of any mass release action figure childrens toy) make up an even smaller percentage of the overall sales than hardcore adult collectors. Read any business journal, retailer sell sheets, or demographic reports and the facts speak for themselves. Parents simply don't hop online to order certain toys for their 5-12 year old kids when they're already sitting at their local Walmart or TRU for a substantially cheaper price. They buy what they see on the shelves with the odd exception of using a main portal like Amazon once in a blue moon for a mass purchase of goods.

I don't & won't claim to know how well Animated is or isn't doing, but in my personal opinion based on nothing more than observation, I think they fumbled the ball a bit and that could be why the series could be coming to an end. As we all witnessed, the show popped up out of nowhere (as far as non-forum people were concerned), ran an entire season and didn't have a single toy on the shelves. By the time the first figures showed up, Season 2 was already underway. By the time the rest of the S1 figures like Voyager Prime, Leader Megs, etc. finally got into stores, S2 was already done. Then months & months of silence in way of any new episodes on TV to give relevance to many of these new toys, which meant that there probably wasn't much excitement or even knowledge about a lot of new figures showing up in stores as far as the general public was concerned.

I could be wrong, but I'm sure Animated is selling as well as if not better than Universe, but considering it's supposed to be the new main line sans Movie, you certainly wouldn't know it.