RUMOR: Transformers Animated CONCLUDES with Season 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Kickback, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Skyquake87

Skyquake87 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hey folks, I'm a noob, so play nice! Just wanted to add my two cents :) 

I'm disappointed by Animated looking like its come to an end after less than two years. Worse, I'm more disappointed by Hasbro not commenting one way or the other. Would announcing the show has been canned have a devastating effect on toy sales? I'm not so sure.

Its clear to me that Hasbro are wanting just to shift the focus to the next line of TF toys, which will be the next movie line. It makes commercial sense to do this, as I'm sure Animated's sales might take a hit as kids turn their attention towards the next big thing.

My own disappointment stems from finally having a show that I can enjoy. The Unicron trilogy did nothing for me at all, and I found the cartoons largely awful myself. Its been great to have a line with the same degree of care and affection as Beast Wars/Beast Machines.

I would just have liked Hasbro to say one way or the other what is going on.

My other thought has been that most modern cartoon shows have run for a maximum of 3 seasons anyway, certainly in the boys action/adventure arena anyway (Batman Beyond, Masters Of The Universe for example). Perhaps this is because this is the point of maximum exposure and retail sustainability for any given brand. Generation One might have lasted eight years, but arguably it peaked with the '86 line and went into a slow decline thereafter. By keeping the lifespan short, they make a big impact and maximise sales and thus recoup all R&D costs and make enough profit to keep the core brand a viable proposition.