RUMOR: Transformers Animated CONCLUDES with Season 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Kickback, Jan 26, 2009.

1. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

since when did haters need to be well informed?

But seriously folks, this animated was nice and didn't get treated right as far as the toy delay at the beggining and the hesitation on CN part to commit to the 2nd and again w/ the 3rd season...

Still this product just clashes w/ the rest of my collection so I would be pleased to see a new take, different story telling, w/ merchandise that would visually fit in better w/ everything els on the shelves.

And maybe our next Bumblebee wont be such a dick.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In before next style being this:

[​IMG]

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout A face you can trust! Really!

Oh my god...I still can't believe CN likes this garbage better than TF:A.

4. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    A big part. If TFA was getting more visibility on mainstream TV channels, I have little doubt it would be the big hit it deserves to be. They really need to work on that. That the toys have sell in spite of this, shows they are on to something that could've been huge.

Totally. Though I think things like Robot Replicas and Cyber Stompers, Cyber Slammers did a lot more to dilute the brand. I think the different series have strengthened the appeal.

5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    It costs less to make.

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    And that, unfortunately, is the bottom line with CN. Well, got to go with what makes them the most money I guess.

7. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To me it's like dancing a jig at a funeral, it's just in bad taste. Not liking the show is fine, hating the toys fine, but coming into a thread where people are mourning the loss of something they cared about and saying good glad it's gone, is just flat out being a jerk. I certainly didn't care for AEC, I would rather it be something else, but I wouldn't stick my middle finger up to those who liked it and say ha ha.

I guess what this series of tubes known as the interweb is all about, saying your opinion and trying to piss off as many people you don't know as you can.

That's okay Tater, I still like you, even if you are bailing out on me for Botcon :) 

8. Hollywood Hoist

News Credits:
    And a few of those are introducing Transformers to kids who are too young for the regular figures. I say bring on more Cyberslammers, if it means more kids will be into Transformers. Hook them while they're young and soon they'll be as addicted as we are.

In addition those you listed aren't preventing the regular Transformers from being released, but mearly allowing for many more options of things to buy.

After all if something doesn't sell well, Hasbro will stop making it, but if those figures like replicas, slammers, powerbots, ect. make them money, than that only benefits us the Transformers fans. We should hope that Hasbro makes lots of money off all things related Transformers for the brand to continue at the strength that it currently is at.

12 years ago, we had Beast Wars and that was it. Anyone interested in vehicles were SOL, but now Transformers is not only supporting multiple product types, but also multiple lines simultaneously.

9. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    I'm all for variety. But where I think those sort of products can hurt the brand is they have often been horrible shelfwarmers.

I've seen stores that had masses of this unsellable junk and little else. It really depends on how nuanced the store buyers are when deciding to order in new stock. They may look at the transformers section and conclude that they have enough stock or that the whole brand just isn't selling anymore. I remember one shop had heaps of unsellable Unleashed TFs, and that all occupied a lot of shelf space making less room for other products.

10. Hollywood Hoist

News Credits:

I'm sure even the biggest chain can keep track of the different types of product. Cyberslammers in one category, deluxes in another and so on. I think it also depends on where you live, a lot of people claimed Ultimate Bumblebee to be a shelf warmer, but it sold really well where I'm at. As for the unleashed, well, they had others planned, but those were cancelled, so it's clear they didn't sell well otherwise they would have released them.

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Blame the children that likes that garbage as much as traditional animation.

12. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    I think the big chains generally can. It's mostly smaller retailers I've seen getting stung with large amounts of the wrong products.

13. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Kids, these days. No respect for really well-written cartoons.

14. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

C'mon Hollywood, it's not so much an FU jig at a funeral home. More like an awesome, lets see what's next. Besides even though the seasons were way to short three seasons is three seasons, that's our shelf life in this fantasy world.

Heres to hoping the next network to carry our franchise wont be CN, their support was poor at best. Also lets hope our marketing team is able to do a better job launching the merchandise w/ the various vehicles.

Also you took that Bumblebee is a dick thing personally.:lolol 

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  15. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    you suck.

16. Hollywood Hoist

News Credits:
    You insult the Bee, you insult me :) 

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

If you think that's bad just try to watch either Tim and Eric or Tom Goes to the Mayor on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. Nothing is too cheap or too crappy for Cartoon Network to show. Trust me the stinkiest kids cartoon during the day still smells like a rose compared to their live action adult offerings.

And cheap. Heck they have started showing old live action movies just to fill up time slots because they are too cheap to even show their own cartoons.

Talk about a network that has been heading down hill fast.

18. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

Crying all the way to the bank?

19. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe one day CN will show G1 series on their other network, Boomerrang.

20. TankRizzo

TankRizzo Well-Known Member

Sad if true...this has been my favorite iteration of Transformers since G1.