RUMOR: Transformers Animated CONCLUDES with Season 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Kickback, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I just hope whatever we get next is different from the movie universe. The movie universe is fine if that's your sort of thing but it hasn't been for everyone.

The good thing about the past few years is that we got choices between movie, Animated and Universe. It would be good then if whatever cartoon we got after Animated could also be the third way. One or two Transformers brands don't appeal to you then you'd always have another one to fall back on.

2. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

I dunno. The bit which stood out for me was

an anonymous tip which cites un-named sources

Hey, I just heard that Henkei Cyclonus will be re-released as "Armada", that S3 of Animated will star Scrappy Doo, and that the next toyline will be Transtech. I heard it from, uh, 'un-named sources'. Yeah.

Un-named sources want to know if your fridge is running. :) 

3. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    It's "And His Armada." Vangelus already confirmed it.

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't Evac have his freaking toy-button-for-blade-spinning sometimes?

5. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Converesly, I seem to recall the yellow digger bot having detail on his back that wasn't on the toy, vents and such to make it look better.

6. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Along with Henkei "The Warrior." Both of which are featured in his epic fanfic "And His Armada: Love Across The Universe (Can You Recall It?)"

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Yeah, and Kickback's got his sources within Hasbro and TFW2005 has many reliable sources that have proved to be very very very right with everything that they've put up. Frankly, the fact that people still doubt this is just sad when this site has proved many times over how very reliable it is when it comes to these types of things. I've been a member for awhile and I've never seen TFW put up anything that hasn't eventually panned out in some way, shape or form.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  8. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Which is why Hasbro shouldn't make the mistake of going with one line EXCLUSIVELY at the expense of the other lines.

I recall hearing that an assorted case of Star Trek merchandise was made and they overestimated and obersaturated the market with it. A friend in Tampa and these in bulk and he couldn't give them away.

9. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Correct. It's a little funny to see some of the 2nd and 3rd string TF sites refusing to acknowledge the validity of this rumor.

Wonder if KB will receive an apology if/when it turns out to be true. :lol 

10. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

What's amazing to me is 52 pages of people arguing over a rumour that hasn't even been confirmed or denied yet.

Holy cow.

11. Overlord II

Overlord II Starscreamicon Leader TFW2005 Supporter

If true....Thank God for small favors :p 

12. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    No...I shovel Hasbro my cash for a REASON!! To keep going with the stuff I like, like Mighty Muggs, and this!!!

:cry 

Each of those has about 50 episodes. About 150 episodes in all. If Animated keeps with it's 13 episodes, then that's about 39 episodes.

13. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    This.

Draven never ceases to amaze.

14. MEGAMAN X FAN

MEGAMAN X FAN Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i agree in some parts like how bumblebee's a brat but i dont think optimus is cocky . but one of the main problems for me is how all the larger characters get small dumpy toys like soundwave sentinel prime lugnut swindle and bulkhead.

15. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Swindle was large? Considering his alt-mode he's probably the shortest Decepticon so far.

Soundwave being a Scion probably means that he isn't THAT tall.

16. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Only 39 episodes? I find it hard myself to catch TF:Animated in the UK. As far as I know it doesn't show on any free to air channels.

Which is part of the problem I think. Its plainly obvious that TF:Animated has fallen far far short of what Hasbro had in mind for it when it was released. Riding on the wave of goodwill from the 2007 movie this should have been the series to really push Transformers firmly into the limelight.

Problem is the latter Movie toys (Allspark stuff) and the general dilution of the brand (too many series at the same time IMO) has killed off what could have been pretty excellent.

I love the toys, only seen a few shows (but liked what I saw) but feel that yeah, this one had potential that just hasn't been met.

17. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    The trouble with animated is that they wanted the cartoon, comic and toys to all be designed hand in hand and the price they have to pay for that is a slow production speed overall.

18. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Really? I don't traverse other TF sites too often. Found this place to be the most awesome (and that's not knocking the other sites... just sayin' I enjoy this one the most) so I feel no need to go anywhere else nowadays.

Not likely. Most of the time when his rumors turn out true people (those whom remember anyways) usually point out the one bad rumor he gave back in the day when Armada was in production and claim that is the reason that they didn't believe whatever. Even though, you know, he's been right on just about everything since that time.

Ah well. People will either believe it or not and I guess you really can't change the skeptical mentality around this place... still, you'd think members who've been here longer would have learned by now...

19. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

Please!

A guy can hate. No response that followed that post was epic. The only fail I see is seasons that would have followed three. Hardy har har.:lol 

20. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Well, sure a guy can hate. However, he was dead wrong on so many counts it's obvious that he didn't even bother to actually watch the show. If you're going to argue the facts at least come prepared with the correct ones. When you can't even get character personalities correct it kind of invalidates your entire argument.