RUMOR: Transformers Animated CONCLUDES with Season 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Kickback, Jan 26, 2009.

1. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Me too. :puke: 

2. MookieNJ

MookieNJ Well-Known Member

Nicktoons seems to be adding some more mature-ish shows -- Wolverine and the X-Men just premiered last week and they are coming out with an Iron Man series in a few months. Toon Disney is relaunching as Disney XD with all of the old super-hero shows they are currently airing as well as bringing over The Spectacular Spider-Man complete with new episodes. I know it's too much to hope that something like that could happen with Animated if it does get the axe at Cartoon Network ... but I can still hope :) .

3. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    That's the nightmare alright. Even though I've been something of a hater of the movie, I enjoy the toys for what they were. I really enjoyed the change of pace from Movie to Animated to Universe. I was getting pretty tired of the movie aesthetic by the last waves and when the first Animated toys showed up it was just the right medicine. But now I'm refreshed and again looking forward to some of the new Movie toys.

But if they'd been all movie, I'd have gotten pretty fed up, and probably lost interest by now. That stuff gets old.

4. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Even tho the cartoon was similar to G1 in some ways it still wasn't that good a show,I
    mean from the few parts I'd catch every now and then it was just too babyish,like Prime
    being more brazen and cocky.And Bumblebee just being a teenage robot brat.To me
    Prime and BB are so un-g1ish as you can get.Its like they took the compassion out of
    them and made them like some of my family members.What a nighmare.So basically I
    never watched more than 3 full shows of them.

Some people might flame me for that but CN basically tarnished Optimus Primes rep
    by making him that way.Plus seperately the show and figures both looked like you
    know what, with either short dumpy bodies or TALL LANKY Frames.Finally if this rumor is
    true then I hope they will do another show without the kiddy designs.

5. Blackout

Blackout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with you but we're in the minority it seems. TFA wasn't bad but I wasn't a big fan of it.

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you sure you saw the right show?

7. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's the thing. Movie toys have now been on the shelves for 18 months (NOT 2 years, as people keep exaggerating) and we're all ready for something new, even those of us who REALLY liked them.

We have a short memory as a fandom - people were NUTS for the movie toys when we were seeing prerelease items on eBay and when the first waves were shipping. That's why you couldn't find any for four months at the end of 2007.

But here we are 18 months later and we're just tired of seeing them every time we go into the store. That doesn't make them BAD. It just makes them not what we want anymore.

8. Kixx.™

Kixx.™ Dancing 'round ze Maypole

Wow. Seriously?

Damnit. :( 

9. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I completely agree.

10. yovnocrats

yovnocrats Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure you've never actually seen the show. Prime isn't even the least bit cocky, and I'm going to have to assume you don't know what brazen means, as he certainly isn't. Not to mention it's impossible to tarnish a non existent "rep", Optimus isn't real, he's a cartoon character. There are qualities of both Primal and movie Prime in Animated Prime. Notably his inexperience. Notice in the movie how Prime just bumbles around saying 'my bad' and breaking stuff? How in the name of Primus, did that not 'tarnish his rep' already?

Wanting characters to be carbon copies of their former selves in no way helps a franchise. A series can't exist without change, especially not one centered around changing. your desire for the same old schlock over and over, and your inability to accept new takes on old characters would hurt the brand, not help it.

And art style is not a legitimate reason to say a show isn't good. And calling an art style 'kiddy' is asinine in the first place, as 'kiddy' isn't any kind of accurate or defined adjective. There are these things called 'opinions'. You can say you don't like the art style, but the 'kiddy' argument is so old and played out it's pretty laughable. Not to mention the show is aimed at, get this, children.

So if the show seems 'babyish' to you. Well, I guess the creators did a damn fine job, considering their target audience. And it might not hurt you to take off those 'arg i hate this' goggles and watch the show seriously, actually paying attention to character and plot development instead of just writing everything off as bad because you can't find it within yourself to give it a chance.

Honestly though, I'd suggest you just keep on posting the kinds of things you do, so the rest of us can continue to get a hearty laugh everyday. Thanks a heap, buddy.

11. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Epic response is epic.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Agreed, the epic response to the epic fail is epiclly epic, aka :bay 

13. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:

If you don't like the figures, you still have your G1 figs with their 3 points of articulation (if you're lucky). Don't like the Show, certainly return to watching G1 with their numerous continuity errors, of CGI of Beast Wars. If you don't like the kiddy nature of the show, certainly go watch the movie.
    Face it change is good for the brand, without change there would be no Transformers, people would have been sick of the same old blocky figures from 25 years ago.

People are already upset about this rumor, coming in and bitching about Animated and being glad it's getting cancelled, is a big F-U to the people who like the show. I'm sure there are many threads of Animated haters, your opinion will probably be accepted more than it is here.

Unless of course you're being a dick for the sake of being a dick, in which case... you're a dick.

It should be known I love G1, it's what got me into Transformers. I also really love Beast Wars and the movie, so my suggestions are mearly to get you to something that you'll like more than Animated.

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    ...Whu? Galaxy Force had "super simple" models? I must have blinked and missed them, because all I ever saw were the TOTALLY toy accurate ones.
    In which case you've never seen Animated either, because several key points of his post are utterly incorrect.

15. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    Between the Movie, Animated and Universe, the variety we've been exposed to over the last 18 months has been fantastic. I love them all, but for different reasons, and not necessarily equally. It's truly been a golden age. At this point I'm wondering if ROTF toys will share shelfspace with the first movie's leftovers. That's not a bad thing, it's a measure of the success that they sold and continued to be restocked over the intervening period.

16. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    They also had muscular builds, fat builds, athletic builds, beer-belly builds. The animated designs covered a range of sizes and shapes of characters. Much more so than any previous incarnation of Transformers. And it only added more life and personality to them.

17. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Sometimes too accurate. Like Prime having his back lever. I always thought that was hilarious.

18. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    Yes, yes, YES!

More YES!

19. Miss Frost

Miss Frost Banned

Oh no! I love that show. It is the only current cartoon show that I watch.

20. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    Hasbro and Cartoon Network fail.

LONG LIVE ANIMATED