Rumor - Titans Return Leader class Overlord and Sky Shadow

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onslaught24, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    There were two out but I think they were both the same. If overlord has two it'll be a special case so now I'm thinking it's more likely that one of them could be a separate tm release.
    Perhaps with a repaint of tm brawns tracked jeep thing to represent the little grey car overlord came with.

2. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    That's a shame. It would've been nice if Black Shadow has two: one could've been based on the outer-shell's face and the other on the inner robot's.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now THERE'S a thought. Say they do release a different face separately. Would it be IDW or G1?

(I'd actually be inclined to say the IDW one would be separate with how hard they've been trying to replicate G1 accuracy this line, with Chromedome an odd exception).

4. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    Overlord will have a base mode, which is distinctively G1.

Can't wait to see Takara's take on Overlord. Wishful thinking he'll get some additional remolds/retools a la leader class legends Super Ginrai?

5. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    When was this discussion, like 3 weeks ago? If I've had any issue with you personally I can honestly say that I've gotten over it and don't harbor any ill will moving forward. Enjoy your day.

6. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can someone explain to me what the heck is going on with Sky Shadows nosecone?

It looks like that crazy ugly bottom part is removable (which would make sense as the Generations figure had the drone.). But why make it so freaking ugly and in-drone like?

7. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Come on IDW head! Show us those luscious lips.

• Like Like x 2
  8. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    It is removable, you can see it mounted on his arm in robot mode in the preview night pix.

It seems pretty accurate to the original look:
    http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/archive/b/b3/20100214164016!G1BlackShadow_toy.jpg

9. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Honestly he isn't even going to be a power master anyways so not having both isn't really a big deal for me.

10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    It is for me. I'm a bigger fan of Masterforce than IDW by far, but to me, if I get both Giga and Mega, I'd be perfectly fine with Overlord having big lips. Because in Masterforce, Overlord isn't the character; Giga and Mega are.

But whatever. No matter what Hasbro does, I trust Takara to take care of Masterforce fans.

• Like Like x 1
  11. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Okay after doing some research on that Masterforce G1 show to see if I was loosing out on something, I now see why the authors at IDW chose to ignore most of it. As far as I'm concerned G1 ended when Sunbow did. There might be a few G1 comic arcs out there that are the exception. But beyond that, Meh to all the IDW whining. Sunbow wasn't always perfect but those 3 seasons of Japanese Transformers were all an embarrassment! And IDW Overlord's head is a vast improvement over the G1 toy as far as I'm concerned so here's to hopes that it's what we get from Hasbro next year in wave 5 of the Leader class. But it aint worth paying Takara's numbers for it if it's not. point being that unlike some people I won't make a big fuss over it.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  12. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was really hoping for a good IDW Overlord to match IDW Magnus, to re-enact their fight from MTMTE 15. Not sure if Hasbro will deliver or not.

13. NotRamjet97

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, but I find Giga and Mega far more interesting than IDW's take (from what little I know of both of them). He feels like just another "cool" villain like Megatron or Galvatron or something (again from what little I've seen), but Giga and Mega have a cooler aspect in that they're humans, married, and lead the Decepticons (or at least to me).

• Like Like x 1
  14. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    If Overlord has only one Titanmaster, it makes sense that Takara's would be the Masterforce head, because they've taken particular attention to detail with regards to his Masterforce counterpart Ginrai. I'd even imagine Japanese Overlord will have 3 Titan Masters, a Giga, a Mega, and a head. That would leave Hasbro to do the IDW facesculpt.

But really, I don't see any reason why Overlord shouldn't have two Titanmasters. He turns into two vehicles, each of which has a cockpit. He's notable in the franchise for his use of two -Master partners, and he has two very distinct face designs over multiple fictions.

• Like Like x 1
  15. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Sorry but humans have always been the thing that set the transformers back in my experience. It's the very fact that you must suspend disbelief that a single annoying human hasn't been stepped on by an Decepticon or even an Autobot yet.

Plus it wasn't until LSOTW introduced Overlord that I started to even care about the character in the first place. So yeah, the whole Phase 6er angle interest me far more than a "husband and wife" telling Decepticons what to do.

Make Mine IDW!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  16. NotRamjet97

News Credits:
    And that's why (hopefully) they'll have two faces. One IDW and one MF. I'd honestly probably skip Overlord if he only has the IDW face, as Mr. Space Gangster will be good enough for me with the mold, and I don't feel like paying Takara prices when I'm finding myself wanting almost every single Leader figure.

Again, that's why only having one or the other would just be boneheaded at this point. Like I said earlier, Titanmasters probably don't cost that much to make in the long run, and you'd be putting off IDW or G1 fans by going one or the other.

17. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Damn that. Hasbro if you're listening just make the head IDW's version. I'm losing all faith in the G1 fandom at this point and can only imagine what you all go through trying make everyone happy. It's probably why we still don't have Generations Dinobots that aren't Grimlock at this point. The whining is ridiculous.

18. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

No suspension of disbelief is required in Masterforce. The humans don't get stepped on because they're controlling Transformer sized transtectors, some of which are even more powerful than Transformers. The show also explains that the fushion of machine with a human soul is what creates the energy that makes them so powerful. I think the tv-nihon fansubs do a better job of explaining this series, especially in regards to the different types of energy used by the various Transformers, than the official dvd's.

19. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Who are you explaining that for? Me or yourself? I've tried giving this show a chance and I don't like it. Your explanation doesn't change that assessment. So again I understand why IDW didn't adapt it either. Being a Phase 6er is good enough for me.

20. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:

You said you had to research Masterforce Overlord, ie, you have no idea what you're talking about. Not enough to make a qualified statement on the Japanese series' being 'an embarrassment' anyway.

You haven't even watched them.

• Like Like x 1