Rumor - Titans Return Leader class Overlord and Sky Shadow

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onslaught24, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    I've stopped collecting generations for space and budget reasons but I'll definitely make an exception for overlord. Provided they don't fuck it up.

I'd prefer the same treatment they gave to sixshot to give to overlord

2. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    You know, looking at the previous Overlord tease, it is two vehicles, so two titan masters doesn't seem that much of a stretch. One to pilot each. Didn't Hasbro mention before something about thinking of doing two titan masters for it? Like long before the tease.

3. johnbonhamatron

johnbonhamatron Big ol' Nightbeat fanboy

News Credits:
    Not gonna lie, I read this and immediately went, "Thunderwing. Thunderwing. Thunderwing. Thunderwing. Thunderwing. Thunderwing. Thunderwing. Thunderwing. Thunderwing. Thunderwing. Thunderwing. Thunderwing. Thunderwing. Thunderwing. Thunderwing. Thunderwing. Thunderwing. Thunderwing. Thunderwing. Thunderwing."

So, yeah, kinda hoping they retool Sky Shadow into Thunderwing. :p 

4. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    It's only an assumption at this point, but it seems rather logical that, as the original Overlord had two pilots, this one would too. Most people have moved on to theorizing what the actual faces will be, since it's similarly logical that they wouldn't put two Titanmasters in the same package that were identical save their arms and legs.

5. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    The only alternative would be Hasbro going full Duocon and selling the two halves of Overlord as seperate Voyager class bots.

Wasn't the phrase "Titans Unite" used at a recent trade show at one point? Could be phase 3...

6. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Ayo Fryman. That uh, that's highly illogical. Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Honestly I'm in the G1 face boat for Overlord. I'd much prefer a Masterforce face over that dumb IDW face. Ironically enough, the tables seem to have turned, leaving the IDW fans with the super accurate yet REALLY expensive figure and the G1 fans have to turn to Hasbro for G1-accuracy. Regardless, it's kinda dumb for MMC not to make something as simple as an alternate face for their Overlord so both parties are happy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    A few pages back, some of you mentioned(from the Hasbro teaser silhouette), that maybe the jet silhouette was of Sky Shadow and that the tank silhouette was of Overlord. At first I was like "no way", but after seeing how MMC is making their Overlord(tank able to have a robot mode without the jet)....maybe it's a possibility after all.

This made sense to me since Sky Shadow is a black jet; Overlord's jet was black too. Maybe Overlord is the tank transformer and leader class on its own. Meanwhile, adding Sky Shadow, another leader class figure, would bulk Overlord up substantially. Leaves me wondering though...Thunderwing is the repaint of Sky Shadow that most of us are expecting, but who would Overlord(should this theory prove true that this specific Overlord figure is a tank Transformer) be repainted/retooled as? Bludgeon? G2 Megatron?

8. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

I like your thinking! Basically the jet and tank are individual Transformers themselves, or at least one of them is (probably the jet). The two can be combined, probably as super robot, and base, maybe super alt mode.

We could get Thunderwing, Overlord and Star Saber out of the same mold/remold. Maybe even mix and match?

Who else could we get?

9. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

I would love Overlord is the result of two leaders merged in one big robot, in fact this was my theory until last month

The only problem I see, is Powermaster Optimus Prime's size. I mean, Overlord and God Ginrai (rumored Apex Bomber in deluxe class) are archnemesis in Masterforce, so I think HasTak want both to be a similar size

Althought Takara could repeat the formula with Super Ginrai, and their Overlord could be taller than Hasbro version

10. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    You mean Sky Shadow and Overlord combining? Interesting idea but wouldn't that make people who prefer them not to combine with each other angry?

11. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    i think the headmaster gimmick is enough to make thsoe people angry...anything else that deviates from "total G1" is just adding fuel to the fire for them

personally i don't take issue with the headmasters they kinda just add extra play value to me. not black shadow mind you but i wouldn't mind overlord to keep the two smaller voyager robots that combine into a leader class figure. one transforms into the tank and on the jet..they could be called mega and giga like in the show and combined mode is overlord. we get two robots, two headmasters, and two faces to keep both crowds happy

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  12. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I want Overlord to be leader class in robot form, that way he can be paired up nicely with the other really good leader class figures we've been getting. I know his G1 toy was big, but he would look out of place with modern figures if he were Titan class or larger then leader class.

I suppose God Ginrai (Super Ginrai + Godbomber) will be larger then leader, then its okay to make Overlord larger but comparable in size to God Ginrai. I just want size parity among rivals. Lol.

13. w1n1fred

w1n1fred Banned

News Credits:
    I dont see how that makes any sense when the listing just confirmed that Overlord is 1 leader toy. If there were 2 different toys, they would be listed individually and both have individual product numbers but its not the case. We are getting 1 leader toy called Overlord and thats it.

14. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Hasbro made Prime/Megatron two different size classes in CW, and created a giant Devastator despite him being usually portrayed as the same size as other combiners.

15. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The size classes for at least the Constructicons are derived from IDW where they are actually larger than the Autobot deluxes like Arcee, Kup and Sideswipe.

16. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    IDW still employs mass shifting. Especially with combiners.

17. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    It can do what now?

18. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

Yes, but they equilibrated the difference with a new voyager Megatron and a new leader Optimus Prime (both in Titans Return)

19. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    I'm interested to see what Takara will do with Overlord. There may be some extensive remolding involved (or not at all) as Overlord is predominantly a Japanese decepticon imported to notoriety by IDW, so if the design is overly IDW, I'm assuming enough remolding will be done to a Takara Overlord to make it more Masterforce-esque. And whether that means changing Overlord's height slightly to match their Super Ginrai mold plus the God bomber add on or something else is anyone's guess.

20. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    THIS!!! What's with all the IDW hate...I couldn't even get through the first disc of that Japan G1 show without feeling nauseous. So the loyalty there just feels asinine.

Meanwhile half of this stuff wouldn't even be here if it weren't for IDW's contributions to TF lore and you'd have mostly Bay-formers merchandise to look forward to next year. That being said, I can't wait to get all 3 Leader Class Phase 6'ers

• Like Like x 1