RUMOR/SPECULATION: US MP Rodimus, SANS Trailer but TARGETMASTER

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by igniz1984, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    I will actually be suprised. Hasbro will find some way to keep the whole package under $100.

2. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    There are 2 things that makes this highly doubtful.

1. Some dude got this info from a guy that has an online shop and does trade shows that has no official ties to Hasbro. I have nothing against Toy Arena. I bought from them a lot of times.

2. It's from Tformers.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  3. Blurrz

Blurrz You're Breathtaking!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Much like MP Grimlock and MP-08 King Grimlock, I wouldn't be surprised if Takara released a Targetmaster Rodimus and then Hasbro used that for their MP line..

4. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:
    I understand this is just a rumor at this point, but I don't doubt Hasbro would do this. They probably have to omit the trailer to sell it at a price retailers would accept. Guess I'll have to get the Takara version as I want to have Rodimus Prime complete. Although I may be tempted to get a Hasbro release too if it came with a Targetmaster that wasn't included in the Takara one (if that part of this rumor is true).

5. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    If this is true then honestly, it wouldn't bother me that much. I'd love to get two Rodimus (Rodimii??) and have him in either form, but that would leave me with a left-over trailer so this would save money & waste.

6. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, this would be perfect in a way for me. Now that its official that this is a quadruple changer, it'll make it lighter in my wallet. How many of us would love to display Rodimus/Hot Rod in the different modes, or have Rodimus and Hot Rod posed next to each other? At Takara's price point that would be near impossible for me. However, if they the separate Has/Tak price scheme, that means I can spring for the takara version to get my Rodimus Prime and winnebago fix, but then drop way down in price to pick up Hot Rod to display, when I wouldn't really be looking to display the trailer. The targetmaster addition would just be icing on the cake. I'm all for this!

7. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Hasbro, if they choose to do a release, would probably drop the trailer - it would just be an expensive add-on that would raise the price upwards of $40 ... especially when it appears to be the size of the figure itself.

Though I struggle to fathom why they'd then spend the money to do up a "Firebolt" Targetmaster for the figure, as the tooling and production of that, seeing as it would not be part of the original molding tool/kit, would be like making a brand new figure, then packaging it with Rodimus. (99% of figures that come with a "-master" figure or a Mini-Con are actually MOLDED with the figure, so if you make one, you have to make the other, as it's all in one little kit thingy).

It's a nice little speculation piece, but unfortunately I do not consider this confirmation of any sort whatsoever. And neither should you :) 

8. Hitman84

Hitman84 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was sort of in my head. We've yet to see Hasbro bring over an MP and add new/seperate accessories. Yes grimlock has his crown but that was available to the japanese market via seperate set yet same figure. I don't see them adding a targetmaster if it's not also being released with the takara version in some way too.

9. poorboy8u

poorboy8u Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^^ what he(kickback) said. I think everyone's hopes are clouding reality.

10. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My sentiments exactly..waayy too early to jump for joy abt this.

Edit: As for Hasbro not including the trailer that's highly plausible (MP-4 was never released stateside), as for the targetmaster thingie it's just wishful thinking at best. :wink: 

11. HighCaptSpock

HighCaptSpock Autobot Logician

News Credits:
    I agree that this is very likely. We haven't even seen any of the extra accessories that will come with MP Rodimus. We know about the pistols/rifle, and he has to come with a fishing pole, right? This rumored Targetmaster could be included as well, or it could be held back for a premium, Hot Rod-only version as mentioned above with Grimlock's crown.

Since confirmation of both vehicle modes, I have been very doubtful of Hasbro including the trailer in their version for cost reasons. The fact that we have seen two releases of MP Prime without the trailer helps support this, though his trailer is less important than Rodimus Prime's. How often do we get $100+ figures, and those have current media support

12. teruo kaiba

teruo kaiba Made In Japan

While it's just a rumor, it does make sense to not include the trailer as given it's size, it would add a lot to the price of the figure, pushing it above a price point Hasbro might want to sell it for.

Honestly I do hope it's true as I wouldn't mind owning Hot Rod and Rodimus and not have an extra trailer just sitting in a box somewhere.

13. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    first off I am taking this this a big load of salt.

secondly if this does prove to be true I can see a fair chance that some 3rd party company produces a trailer for Hasbro MP Rodimus.

and lastly I can see potential toy swappers swiping the target master for there takara version and returning the figures.

14. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow could be amazing if they make Firebolt fully articulated!! Oh and imagine if his suit was actually an exosuit and you could take him out! WOW, that would be amazing!

....but I'll believe it when I see it fo real ;) 

15. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    This.

Hasbro are actually being quite smart about it if this is true but personally I doubt if they've even looked at selling it yet. They've got a lot on their plate already.

They did make that Unicron head for Primus, sure there's not any other examples but there is at least some plausibility.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  16. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thoguh it's still a rumor, I did predict this might happen with a US release. Hopefully the first part is true about the US getting it first, but if they do take away the treailer & give us Firebolt as Sol Fury suggested then most if not all will be forgiven.

17. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    If true people who have the takara version will just buy hasbro for the targetmaster and then return it....hasbro have to offer something else....grimmy was the same sans claws and sharp teeth for less...

18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I'd like this to be true. I thought Hot Rod's character was okay, but I never liked Rodimus Prime or the Space Winebego. Being able to get it without overly expensive prices because there is no trailer is something I'd go for.

19. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    I am getting the Japanese one, there is not mistaking that. If this happens it would save me from getting another to Have Hot Rod.

20. RavenousPrime

RavenousPrime Fantasy Author

That is gonna be so ridiculous if that is true. I mean optimus with out his trailer is one thing..but rodimus prime isn't even rodimus prime with out the trailer! I mean its pretty much connected to him so you can't even call him rodimus prime you can just only call him hotrod! If they do this their gonna fuck it up. I'm so getting the takara version if that's the case.