RUMOR: Possible running change to Siege Starscream?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lothar Hex, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dachande

Dachande Formerly Yaujta... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The battle damage here could be considered oil or grease or soot, as they are machines fighting on a machine world.
    Not really difficult to imagine/rationalize.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I work in a construction industry with a lot of metal and I regularly end my shifts with oil/grease/dirt all over my clothes

• Like Like x 1
  3. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    I've talked with alot of people and seen responses from Hasbro, I've looked at alot of different SS and none have pins, no one on FB or IG has reported a pin, literally only 1 report of a pin and that's it, this figure is extremely new, running changes usually take a good while, could the original poster be lying? I mean its unlikely someone would go through the trouble of adding a pin just to return it to the store where he bought it right?

4. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    Starscream isn't a construction worker but rather fighting a civil war on a metallic planet with no "dirt" to speak of. Regardless, if I were to buy a toy of a construction worker, I wouldn't want them covered in dirt and grease, just as I wouldn't want to buy a toy of a doctor covered in blood.

However, if I DID want such an effect, I'd like it done much better to how Hasblo handled these toys.

5. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Starscream is also participating in a war (you don’t stay clean during war) if you heat up metal (as with lasers) it will melt into a liquid and some metals also turn brown when they are liquid due to contaminants. Cybertron is also not a metal planet, in nearly every version of transformers it is shown to be an organic planet with a metal surface. So guess what, dirt exists on cybertron, g1 showed that as did beast machines.

• Like Like x 1
  6. primalxconvoy

News Credits:
    No, Cybertron is metallic. It was only shown as organic in Beast Machines. We also don't know how Cybertronian metal is affected by battle, compared to Earth metals. Regardless, it's not the concept of "battle damage" that is the issue here, but rather the poor execution of it on these toys. Also, if this aesthetic is so important to you, then feel free to sell all of the toys in your collection that don't have it applied.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You need to rewatch dweller in the depths from season 3, also don’t put words in my mouth. I never said that all of my figures needed the battle damage, I said it was an intentional design decision to further a theme (of being IN battle) and if you don’t like the design decisions of the siege line (smaller size and battle damage) then maybe siege isn’t for you and you should move along to whatever knockoff you prefer

• Like Like x 3
  8. primalxconvoy

News Credits:
    Dweller in the depths isn't conclusive evidence of your point. Also, you are in fact, suggesting (erroneously) that I only buy KOs, when I have the luxury of picking and choosing whatever official or KO figures I wish. I will also state again that battle damage isn't the issue, but rather the poor approximation of it in these figures.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Dachande

Dachande Formerly Yaujta... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Okay, maybe it's time to move on.

• Like Like x 7
  10. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    This.

• Like Like x 2
  11. spark crusher

spark crusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so....no one else has reported the change? looks like their twitter name might be somewhat descriptive

• Like Like x 1
  12. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Cultist of Unicron.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    we've been deceived it seems

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fallout

Fallout you finally met your nemesis

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    maybe the chestplate falling off is part of the battle damage?

• Like Like x 4
  14. CapnScumbone

CapnScumbone Ruiner of mirth

Yes, but think of the job security!

15. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    POTP Starscream didn't take long to get the running change for the back retool and same with Energon Prime with the battle mask head. So while skepticism is understandable, we are giving the source the benefit of the doubt, hence why this thread remains open in this news and rumors forum. If it ever comes to light that he was just trolling, we'll lock this down ASAP.

16. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think there is a running change, at best someone fixed Starscream, noticed a small problem (maybe stress marks), took him back to the store.

It's also not a good idea for HASBRO to announce a fix. They might at best make the connection tighter and they won't tell anyone.

• Like Like x 2
  17. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

Lets keep it simple. First off the chest piece has holes on both sides. Which suggest a pin should be there. The grey piece has no holes, so if the chest has been prepped to have a pin, the running change is no pin. So if there are figures with a pin they are most likely first batch. And would be rare as it is.
    The pin gives certain benefits but a lot of negative aspects. The benefit alone is that the chest piece stays attached. Negatives are enough, from stress marks on both the piece and the grey hinge. To total snapping or cracking of the chest piece. Realize that it is clear plastic. Putting force on it will break it. Clear plastic is very brittle. And you put all force on it and the "rod" to pull the grey piece forward.
    I can fully understand why HasTak took out the pin and remolded the grey hinge. Since it will prevent the toy from breaking all together.

But this is my take on it. And I understand if people won't understand. Yet I got many figures with clear plastic in it and all of that is brittle. The clear piece on Generations Wreckage, or the clear plastic on Movie Snarl. Any force on it and it starts cracking.

• Like Like x 3
  18. denebian

denebian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The chest piece is not clear plastic. It is red plastic. The orange/clear canopy piece snaps into the red plastic piece.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it actually doesnt. the holes are "stress vents" for friction joints, much like the extra holes on the outside of mushroom peg connections. they are supposed to allow the plastic to expand enough to accept the friction joint without causing stress, which is a good thing considering the chest isnt very thick plastic

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    As the guy who posted the story, can an admin put a "RUMOUR" in the topic title at the very least? At least it'll clear up some of the mess.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.