RUMOR: Possible running change to Siege Starscream?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lothar Hex, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Gunpla and Cow Master

I will know for certain when Thundercracker comes out.

2. Alexander Fedorychev

Alexander Fedorychev TonTon: Revealing All Kingdom Figures Tomorrow!

News Credits:
    Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania located on Cybertron
    YouTube:
    Wish this was the case for SS bumblebee 1

3. chaosMonkeyPoo

chaosMonkeyPoo Well-Known Member

Yeah. The fact that this is the ONLY example so far - and there hasn't been any other corroboration by any other source makes this sound really fishy.

How likely is it that a random relatively inactive twitter poster who hasn't posted anything in a year would find this supposed running change but within a few days not a single TFW user would also find one? If this was real - then at least SOMEONE around here would have found one to corroborate this by now.

• Like Like x 5
  4. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

to quote Krillin from DBZA: "Just went from a 9 to a 10".

• Like Like x 1
  5. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A lot of times, early rumors turn out to be true with the TF community. This, on the other hand, I have trouble believing. I guess there needs to be more evidence. If it WERE true, and the one I ordered online turns out to be unpinned, I will find one at retail if I can and do a buy/exchange and in no way feel guilt about it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah the weathering is fine if it\'s around the feet or wheel hubs or somewhere it looks right for it to be - COG\'s is so slight I hardly even notice it most of the time, Starscream they perhas went a little over board with it - or perhaps used the wrong colour paint for the accent. Soundwave\'s is excessive too - but I think it suits him - same with Megatron. Sideswipe\'s is about right as it doesn\'t mess the vehicle mode up at all.

I didn\'t like it at first - mostly due to how over the top it looked on Optimus, but it\'s not completely horrible idea - it\'s just something that needs to be done tastefully - like it was on Armada Thrust.

7. Houstonian Prime

Houstonian Prime skilled tradesman

News Credits:
    damn. as I\'m literally photographing starscream for the \"post your purchase\" thread, I see this story. just bought mine tdy, and it does not have the pin. I\'m considering returning it and holding out for the corrected version.
    wheres warden at when stuff like this happens? no public statement or apology. hes always there hogging the spotlight at the reveals, but when something like this happens hes never around...

8. Sarrow

Sarrow Well-Known Member

dang... picked up my SECOND one yesterday. I feel shafted by hasbro, but one is still in the box so maybe I'll exchange it if I come across a pinned version in the future.

9. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Hasbro is slacking with the pins. SS Bumblebee, Seige Ironhide, this figure. For $20 deluxes, put a fucking pin in them.

• Like Like x 5
  10. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

I agree.

Having said that....they did put the pin in for SS Bee upon the next release.
    Hopefully the other seekers will get the same upgrade.

11. Elias Rebelo

Elias Rebelo Active Member

I don´t know guys... so far, in this line, the only one that \'ring any bells\' to my is the Jetfire... Don´t like the design and the paint of the others. But its just my opinion.

Even so, when I receive the Jetfire, I will definelly do some heavy panel lining to make the look better.

12. Slender102

Slender102 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My local Wally finally got 3 cases of Voyagers last night. None of the StarScreams had pins in them. Very easy to see in the package.

13. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Noah's Freshman Project

News Credits:
    Can I ask an honest question here? What's to be gained by "faking" something like this? Is "I found a running change in a Transformer" really something that'd launch a person into the stratosphere?

I'm remembering the running change made to PotP Starscream that first started trickling in, then came in waves, and then had the phase where people couldn't find that new version at retail.

If this is indeed real, it kinda makes sense that ones people are finding now wouldn't have it. Because we're still in the initial wave of figures hitting stores.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Thundercracker Blue

Thundercracker Blue Well-Known Member

Although I do like the idea of someone buying flawed figures, fixing them, and then returning them. Warms the cockles of my dead, frozen heart.

It's like that story of the guy throwing starfish back into the ocean.

15. Dachande

Dachande Pleasure Toast Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Same reason people post fake sightings- watch the world burn.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    S'apoint. It's why I titled it "possible" running change and advsied only unconfirmed in the first post.

Honestly, the more I look at this the more it looks like a bit of wank. Then again I'm in the UK so not gonna know until ours turn up in April...if they do (Hasbro UK are notoriously bad).

• Like Like x 2
  17. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Bumblebee was fixed? Looks on Youtube at the SS 27, huh You learn something new everyday.

Starscream's revision rumor is odd, I even seen someone on a Youtube Comment post a supposed box number 90081; like that means something, you can already theoretically see it in package.

That being said, if there is a revision it's going to be an annoyance to find, with lots of shelf warming, also is it possible to just buy a pin?

I was just looking on the Wiki, and someone added the "RUMORED" running change as a fact on the Wiki. If this is Fake, they are spreading this misinformation.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Skyclaw

Skyclaw 6 Types of Madness!

Good to hear that HasTak is fixing the issue. Much like the hip joints CW Prime and Motormaster. At Hasbro listens sometimes....Not all, but some.......

19. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Noah's Freshman Project

News Credits:
    I've never done it, but I think if you know the pin size you can just get a nail that's the appropriate gauge and drive it through there, then cut off both ends.

20. Pessimus Composite

Pessimus Composite Active Member

Ebay:
    I preordered from HasPulse. Hopefully they ship the improved versions. There is a YouTube video review of this figure that shows a flimsy joint where the wings attach to the body. Seems very easily torn with the current design.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.