Rumor: Next Line after Siege

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by catz, Jul 11, 2019.

1. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    I’ve suffered from ADHD since I was a kid. It went undiagnosed until my thirties. It’s made various aspects of my life incredibly challenging and caused a lot of pain through my school years. Don’t be a jerk, man. You can make your point without resorting to such remarks.

• Like Like x 14
  2. LoneDragon

LoneDragon I dare to be stupid!

I feel for you on that. I was diagnosed as a kid but they missed my Asperger's til I was 27.

• Like Like x 7
  3. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    i reckon Generations could be used to introduce characters to be used in future media. like Victorion, Windblade, and The Minicon Assault Team.

but yeah, the cartoon based toyline should be used to experiment with the franchise. wildly redesign the legacy characters. introduce new characters.
    people already love geewun. give them more to enjoy instead of just more of the same.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People are forgetting how the Primes have been major key-factors in most TF media in the past decade. Heck, three of the five live action films, which is what most of the general public is familiar with, feature a Prime as the main villain. In any case, obscurity is not something that has stopped toy production either, as Omega Supreme has appeared in film/cartoon less times than they have in the past two decades and even he is getting his own major figure.
    image1-18.jpeg Rotf-thefallen-film-facecloseup.jpg Rotf-sixprimes-film-sam'svision.jpg transformers-3-sentinel-prime.jpeg dQTfLTc.jpg
    optimus-rid-micronus-prime.jpg 300px-AlphaOmega-ohmy.jpg Tumblr_nq0jiybOh71qhrtuvo1_1280.png Tumblr_nq0ks54JPo1qhrtuvo3_1280.png reduced-galery_image_14038_26491.jpg 188f25d277d341a5b147c126bfae4ba4.jpg

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Since we're wishlisting again I basically just want to see all the fun gimmicky late G1 toys remade, all the masters particularly the turbomasters/predators but also the obliterators, light formers, stormtroopers/aquaspeeders etc.
    But if I could only have two it would be Thunderclash and Pyro please.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

No cartoon references? The 13 are a major plot point in TF Prime, not just the Covenant of Primus book. Solus Prime especially has a major impact on the series by way of her Forge being heavily involved in several major plotlines, we even see a Prime's corpse (or their arm.)
    Alpha Trion makes a few appearances in major episodes and he is one of the Thirteen.
    The Star Saber is another major plot item, I'll conceed that the ENTIRE 13 do not appear beyond artwork in the show but to say they have no cartoon references beyond the Machinima and expanded material is demostrably false. And dismissing comic appearances is flawed when you consider we are getting a Rung figure and two versions of Impactor, both characters who to my knowledge have never appeared in a cartoon.

Oh and before I forget, while I've not started in on PRID yet I gather Megatronus aka the Fallen is a major villain.

Or by no cartoon, do you really mean no geewun?

Edit: Didn't see your post Rumblestorm, thanks for further making the point!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

Ebay:
    Random note, Sentinel Prime and Quintessa are not members of the thirteen original Primes.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

I could see Quintessa as a female version of Quintus Prime. Some universes have variations on the names and nature of the Thirteen afterall. That said I've not seen the movie and only skimmed her TFWiki page.

• Like Like x 4
  9. KRPH

KRPH Combiner Collector

Twitter:
    So Fracas has been out lately under the 4 pack with Skywarp and others, is there potential of Scourge or we'll use the TR one since it's readily available?

Any other hints made by the Battle Masters?

And what kind of tech we will see with Micromaster Combiners once more of them comes in WFC2 still?

• Like Like x 3
  10. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

Ebay:
    That would be pretty rad.

• Like Like x 3
  11. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Ooops, thought they were a shared mold. That'll teach me to get behind on my toys...

I would have said something but I got put on ignore because tantrum.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sentinel, not in this one, but he was in some G1 continuities if I recall correctly? Not necessarily the "Thirteen" but the overal "Dynasty". A Prime nontheless!
    Quintessa is a weird one but I wont fully deny her status as Prime either because of how incomplete TLK left her story, besides she is based off of Quintus Prime if anything. The notion of another Prime is nonetheless brought up, once again tying to the relevance of these beings in the franchise.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ill just use TR. For now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. KRPH

KRPH Combiner Collector

Twitter:
    True enough.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    I just want them to keep making the "obscure" late g1 guys like how siege is doing apeface and micromasters.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I think after the big poohaa made about the perceived quality of Siege, the price hike, the size cut, and the rust, every character that wasn't originally a redeco or retool deserves its own mold.

And my wishlist are:
    Deluxe class Deluxe Insecticons
    Legend class Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Warpath, Hubcap and Throttlebots
    Rest of the Autobot and Decepticon Targetmasters.
    Rest of the Headmasters.
    Powermasters.
    Brainmasters.
    Triggerbots and cons
    Turbomasters and Predators
    Firecons and Sparkabots.
    Liokaiser (by Takara)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  17. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

I think it's rather silly to get offended over someone referencing ADHD like that. I say that as someone who wasn't diagnosed with OCD until his late twenties, and I'll be the first to make an OCD joke. If you have a flaw or condition, acknowledge and laugh at it; that way, no one can ever use it against you.

• Like Like x 3
  19. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    I could type out a very long response to this, but I'm not sure that would benefit anyone.
    I'm more than comfortable making jokes about, or even being the butt of a joke about ADHD. The comment I quoted did not read as a joke; it read to me as a bad faith characterisation of a group of people evidencing subnormal/deficient behaviors. The point being made could have been done so with that reference. There's no great, compelling reason to put it in there.
    And in the spirit of not derailing the thread further with an off topic debate, I shall leave it there.

• Like Like x 8
  20. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Did anyone ever ask Catz if the armoured car was Pyro?
    That type of fire engine could certainly look like an armoured car if you saw it in monochrome or only briefly, at a weird angle etc.