Rumor: Next Line after Siege

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by catz, Jul 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

Not in the Siege Cybertronian aesthetic.
    They only have about two waves of G1 characters To finish the cartoon cast, they’re doing them.

No one cares about the later character’s, maybe the Autobot Targetmasters and a couple characters like windblade or Bulkhead.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:

• Like Like x 11
  3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Nobody cares about the 84 geewun characters or the siege aesthetic. And they are bored of seeing the same bland geewun guys again and again.
    How about being a little less selfish and stop wanting to hogg this franchise?

People want toys of the characters that haven't gotten toys since the eighties.
    Hasbro saw that there is a big demand for post 86 characters among collectors and children are hyped about the cool designs and colors.
    Whether you like it or not you are going to see a lot more non-geewun characters get toys.
    Better get used to it.

• Like Like x 10
  4. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I’m tired of the same guys getting toys over and over again with a new gimmick. Give us more later year and international characters who have had NO updates. The club was great at that. The kids just want cool toys. I doubt they care about having 12 figures based on G1 Prowl. If you make a cool Doubleheader or Vroom figure, both fans (who want later year characters) and kids (who want toys fun to play with) will buy them.

Titans Return did a good job of hitting the 1987+ characters... and we have been getting some sprinkled in Siege, so it’s a step in the right direction.

• Like Like x 17
  5. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

Well, after they give me an entire line of Siege quality and design, I’ll be Ha to step aside and let y’all pick up the slack of supporting the brand.

The question is, if Not G1, then What?

Beast Wars? Can’t support more than a year of maybe two if just using the American cartoon cast, so you have to bring in the Japanese characters that most American collectors have no real attachment to. Not to mention how badly most beast modes are.
    I could see some Beast Wars characters included in the next couple years in Cybertron vehicle modes though.

That’s even if hasbro would take the gamble of having a line made up of mainly C and D list characters.

No, I will say with confidence that next year will be more or less Siege part 2( it’ll have a different Name Obviously, but it’s gonna be more of the same).

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love a version of Bulkhead or Lugnut in the mainline, but I doubt that they will ever do a new animated or prime style line.

• Like Like x 3
  6. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Later G1 characters have been showing up quite frequently. Just because some people get a do over that isn't necessary doesn't make it bad. Some people on this board weren't collecting when Classics started, so this may very well be their beginning. A 6 year old won't even KNOW what the Classics line was, just that Ironhide/Sideswipe/whomever looks cool.

As far as non-G1 stuff, Warden's been hitting that button often, it just doesn't usually do that well unless it's its own subline. (Also pay attention to that last sentence, you'll see the correct way to use "its" and "it's". Pet peeve)

Oh, and I almost forgot.

SHOTS! Three of them, people. I'm doing Jagermeister.

• Like Like x 4
  7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    One could say the same about guys like Sixgun,Flywheels,Overlord,the Powerdashers,etc being characters that not even most American collectors have an attachment to yet they managed to get updated toys one way or another. If we were able to get those guys in Generations then having the later eras of transformers including BW have a chance at it too. Not to mention that designing beast formers has come a long way since the original BW days if that's what you're saying.

Beloved and iconic as G1 is relying on that only isn't going to take the brand far so while Hasbro doesn't obviously show it,the company does understand that fact which is why we're seeing more and more lesser known guys like the Powerdashers show up from time to time. I mean Warden for crying out loud has dropped hints about doing something big for the BW fans in recent years and seeing his track record for the hints he dropped ending up being true that can be a big sign of eventually shifting focus into the other eras while of course still giving love to the G1 fnbase.

• Like Like x 6
  8. KRPH

KRPH Combiner Collector

Twitter:
    Cut it out. It's Part 2. Not Siege the whole trilogy. Don't you UNDERSTAND?!

9. BidoofdudeofOz

BidoofdudeofOz The Stench of Discovery

G1 characters get toys because they're still by far the most popular. Characters like Reflector, Firestar, the Dinobots and Springer are consistently scarce because they consistently sell out. People still want G1 characters, especially with a lot of them now purely channeling a pure cartoon or toy aesthetic, rather than a modern version of a character like we used to get. I'd say it wasn't even until recently with the beginning of Combiner Wars that truly any G1 character was actually on the table for a toy. Until then, we'd always say "XXX is never going to get a toy, Hasbro don't think they're popular enough." This was the case even with the Dinobots, Predaking and the terrorcons, and before them, all the main combiner teams.

It's only now that we can mostly say that a G1 character will get a toy EVENTUALLY, if not soon, as a lot of people's wishes on these forums get answered sooner or later, usually sooner. We can't really say the same for later series characters, like BW, RiD and UT. The few examples we've had like Rattrap and Tankor, seemed to sell badly, which didn't help. We seem to be starting to chart into new territory with Galaxy Optimus Prime and Cybertron Defence Hot Shot however, probably small steps like we started to get back in 2006-2008 in the beginning of Classics.

They will eventually become a norm in Classics line as time goes on and more BW, RiD and UT fans enter the collecting fray, as with G1. To act like their spots are being taken up by G1 characters in lines at the moment is asinine. They aren't being made because they're not popular enough yet. The charge is being led a little by TakTom with MP Beast Wars, but it kind of sits the same as when we would only see Optimus, Megatron or Starscream in the early MP days. Just gotta wait man.

• Like Like x 5
  10. KRPH

KRPH Combiner Collector

Twitter:
    Yes, engineering can be applied on some parts. But since we're going on a different track already, there could still be future toys that will have similar engineering like past ones. I kinda assume a WFC Battletrap with a detachable helicopter blades like Spinister, and practically a more boxy look over his recent PP version.

11. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Exactly. It took Hasbro a long time, but they realized how deep the collector market is and how well kids can support the same stuff. Quality stuff sells, period. It's an evolution for Hasbro and it's still happening. Things are heading in a great direction, but we still have room to go.

Don't expect tons of later fans to show up though - they simply aren't there. They should have already shown up in significant numbers and they have not, which you can see on the board. This is what happens when the fiction is weak and the lines are a confusing mess for years and years. The Beast Era is the last era that is going to pay future dividends at this point, maybe excepting the time period since Combiner Wars, but that's really just G1 again anyway. Even the people who are into the later stuff are mostly older fans who got into it. I warned about this decades ago.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    I wonder if modern kids being more tech savvy/having access to the internet may effect who gets new figures too? I mean, pre internet/early days of the internet kids only really had the toy aisle or the current cartoon for reference on the most part. Sure they might see older characters if they new adult fans or got hold of older comics/video tapes of the earlier stuff but for the most part the cartoon was the primary way kids would see this stuff.

But now they have access to the internet, TFWiki is a thing and forums like this. With Comixology the Transformers comics are also far more readily available. It's much more possible and easier for a kid to come across an older character and learn about them than before.
    Similarly the internet makes it easier for kids to find toys besides what is in their toy aisle.
    I'm not saying this is all the case, just that I do wonder if it is having an effect?

Edit: Also Netflix, Amazon Prime etc makes it much easier to go and watch older cartoons than relying on them being shown on traditional TV so again things like G1 or Prime or whatever are probably more readily available to kids than JUST whatever the current show might be.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    This. If you’re expecting anything other than a continuation or slight evolution of Siege, you’re going to be disappointed. We’ll get some post 87, Beast Wars, Japanese and later line characters, but they’ll constitute 10-20% of the line. Other than that, we’re getting another Prime, Megatron, BB etc. alongside other A/B list characters. We know they have media planned for at least the next 2-3 years so they’re not going to do a massive revolution in aesthetic or cast.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  14. Xaran Alamas

Ebay:
    Not suggesting this as a WFC line but personally I think it could be great fun t have a line with a setup of some sort of multiversal crisis as an excuse to make new toys of characters from various lines like Prime, UT, original RID etc :D 

Maybe I could put this in the strange ideas thread...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  15. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    dont even really need a "crisis on Infinite Cybertrons" just work in the characters into a G1 framework, the way Idw did and Cyberverse is doing.

Kids and collectors would buy more toys of characters like Rattrap and Lugnut and Obsidian if Hasbro would JUST FUCKING USE THEM IN FICTION instead of continuously rehashing Bumblebee, Starscream, Soundwave, Shockwave, Sideswipe, Prowl, and Grimlock.

Cheetor and Sky Byte just got new toys in Cyberverse, Galaxy Convoy just got a Siege toy. lets see how well they do.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Xaran Alamas

Ebay:
    The main reason I suggested a Crisis on Infinite Cybertrons was my suggestion was to retain the lines' own aesthetics and suchlike. That said as you say the IDW comic managed it without changing the design of characters to purely G1/Sunbow aesthetics so I guess either works :) 

All that said, I'm also happy to have 'canon immigrant' characters coming into G1 style too, but having just finished Prime I would not turn down Prime aesthetic figures with modern engineering ^^

• Like Like x 1
  17. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

I would like to think that the Beast Wars cast had a bigger impact to world compared literally any of the post 1986 characters. I will give it to you that Hasbro should complete remaking 1987 characters first because they actually appeared in the cartoon series. Even including Japanese Anime, I feel that the Beast Wars cast still had a bigger impact to the world compared to any of the post 1986 characters.

Discounting non show, Japanese only characters, and even discounting upgrades, heck, I will even discount you Transmutate, Tripredacus Council, and Dinobot II, there are only 18 characters to be remade for Beast Wars; only 15 if you count the Generations Thrilling 30 updates as perfect like many do. Hasbro can literally finish off Beast Wars in half a year as a Generations Sub toy line.

Also, not forgetting too, Beast Wars is still part of the Generation 1 canon... a core G1 cartoon cast collection can never be completed without Beast Wars...

• Like Like x 3
  18. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Potp battletrap and siege skytread were designed concurrently, the fact that they use the same connector port shows that battletrap is unlikely to get another update anytime soon as the two pair fairly well together
    Personally rather than another prime and megatron I’m hoping for something like a nemesis prime and archforce. Hell they can even reuse the siege voyagers for that but it’ll get us two more characters rather than just another Optimus and megatron

• Like Like x 2
  19. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    They obviously would, since Hasbro (Kenner) pushed them with a full-on promotion campaign and a cartoon that lasted three years as opposed to the half-assed promotion and the three episodes the post-86 characters got.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Technically the beast wars cast was on air for 5 seasons since a bunch of them survive into beast machines

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.