Rumor: Next Line after Siege

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by catz, Jul 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KRPH

KRPH Combiner Collector

Twitter:
    What do you think, is WFC Unicron in the verge of cancellation? I know, it happened before with Legends Grand Maximus with the now cancelled Grand Pretender armor. Is anyone from Asia already pitching the funding for Unicron?

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    If we were to get a new Prime I think it would be based on G2 Hero Prime mold/wise. The RTS giftpack had a RTS Laser Prime repainted with colors based on the cancelled G2 Combat Hero Prime repaint but G2 Hero Prime itself has no modernized version(and honestly might not need one but since Haskaromy made a new of Laser Prime in TR, who knows?).

3. KRPH

KRPH Combiner Collector

Twitter:
    This thread is dying because we have 0 clue about the next chapter of the trilogy. We've been talking about the larger figures too much, why not go to the smaller ones? I would love a deluxe Hot Rod on his own with no sign of him becoming a Prime too soon. But the case of Sunstreaker, how will H/TT will reuse the same design for Sideswipe, but alter the engineering to make him transform differently? I know it already happened with the Masterpiece ones, but come on, we need a Sunstreaker too. Wheeljack, again, very obvious he needs an official Cybertronian vehicle toy, heavily based on that... you guessed it.

4. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    I'd like to see a better G1 Blurr released here. The domestic version of Titans Return Blurr was just sad looking and I sadly missed the boat on the Legends version.

• Like Like x 4
  5. KRPH

KRPH Combiner Collector

Twitter:
    Yeah, Blurr also needs a proper non-Headmaster version as much as possible. Besides, it's still the start and we're about to close Siege anytime until we get some info in the incoming months. Hope the next conventions would still try to pitch Unicron, though sadly, only 15 days left before it's make or break.

6. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    This thread is dying because there is nothing to discuss except rampant speculation. Once something with some meat to it shows up, maybe you'll get something to talk about.

I have a feeling that TakTomy may go through with limited numbers of Unicrons if the Hasbro side fails to crowdfund. It doesn't affect my life either way, but I don't wish its cancellation on those who do want it.

• Like Like x 6
  7. KRPH

KRPH Combiner Collector

Twitter:
    Tell us when to close the thread until we get some real info.

8. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    Depending on how much of the target has been reached I could also see Hastak potentially extending the timeframe if they think they have a good chance of making it given a bit more time.

• Like Like x 2
  9. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I'm gonna guess guys like Sureshot and Pointblank are shoe-ins. Along with that we may see Cyclonus and Artifre (the latter as a Selects figure).

Wouldn't be shocked if Grappel/Inferno get some love, along with Quickmix and Landfill. Depending on what molds we get, they likely will go into the Action Masters and start giving us more figures like Krok back in TR where they start handing out alt-modes.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Going off those somewhat tangentially - I feel like we need a sub-subline of Selects that are just neo-Constructicons*. Scoop and Landfill get re-decoed as G2 Roadblock and Dirtbag. We finally get Hauler (now a 'Con or a mixed faction dude like Jetfire) in Generations. Quickmix can become a brand new character (I lean towards Sir Mix-a-Lot, but I can see where Hasbro would want to go a different direction). It'd give those molds some re-use they wouldn't necessarily get otherwise, fill in some deluxe sized 'Cons, and be totally awesome.

*While not a perfect substitute for those wanting in-scale Constructicons, they'd be solid place-holders that would not be consigned to the sell-pile once Hasbro revisits the G1 team.

• Like Like x 5
  11. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Here I thought you were talking about finally getting a crack at that CW Devy as the RiD Build Team they apparently scrapped.

"Mix-Sir."

• Like Like x 8
  12. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

Let’s see, four waves of four Deluxe sized figures, four waves of voyager figures, a couple leaders, and we’ll have to wait to see if they continue micro masters and weaponizers are go back to legends sized figures, a Commander and a Titan.

To round out the cartoon G1 cast we still need
    Jazz- Deluxe, probably mainline, maybe pretool of the Deluxe Runabout that’s coming.

Sunstreaker — maybe a remold of Sideswipe or a new Deluxe, probably mainline

Hoist - new Deluxe, probably Ironhide sized, maybe select because of Trailbreaker

Trailbreaker - new big Deluxe, probably mainline with Hoist as a repaint

Grapple - voyager repaint of inferno, maybe selects

Inferno - voyager, probably mainline

Wheeljack - Deluxe, mainline

Tracks -Deluxe, repaint, maybe selects

So, that’s four Deluxe figures for the mainline, one voyager for the mainline and three Deluxe figures and one voyager for selects/exclusives.

That’s only one wave.

We know we’re getting a Deluxe Runabout with Runamuk as a repaint, another good Deluxe deception could be Deadlock with Drift as a selects repaint ( probably from the Sunstreaker mood).
    Maybe Needlenose or Crankcase?

I’d be surprised not to see Pointblank and Sure Shot to go with Crosshairs, and their weaponizers.

Warpath
    Powerglide
    I could see these as either legion or a shorter Deluxe.

Cliffjumper - selects repaint legion

Bumblebee - mainline legion

Beachcomber
    Brawn
    Huffer
    Seaspray
    Windcharger
    All legion

That’s a couple waves of legion figures and a selects.

Blitzwing- leader to match Astrotrain
    Snapdragon - Voyager to match Apeface

Voyager seeker remold for the cone heads, new heads, new legs, and a remold of the jet mold shell would do it.

Other popular characters that could be included include
    Kup
    Windblade
    Arcee
    Blurr
    Starsaber
    Sky Linx

My personal, never gonna happen in a million years wish.
    All five Dynobots.

All voyager sized, Grimlock, Sludge, Snarl, and Slag as the same mold.
    Hear me out, their robot mode has the same look, big, bulky, and with wings.

A Cybertron Tank altmode with five mm ports, their weapons could be ported in to help mimic their Dino Modes.
    Sludge could get a big cannon to call back to his sauropod neck, Slag could be a drill tank and his drills could port in his back in Robot mode so he has his horns, Grimlock would have unique forearm bits with spikes to callback his dinosaur toes.

A new head, a new chest, and a different paint scheme and I think it would work.

• Like Like x 4
  13. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    If they do all 5 Dinobots, look to the PotP Dinos for an example of how they'll use/reuse the molds.

• Like Like x 3
  14. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Some of you guys have absurd ideas for mold reuse. Not necessarily the Dinobots but some of the car reuses make no sense.

• Like Like x 8
  15. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

Yeah, but if they don’t make them a combiner team, Grimlock doesn’t have to be bigger than the others.

I’d love a precombiner version of the Combaticons or Stunticons.

But you Can’t have a combiner team without them Combining!!!!!

Yes I Can!

16. denebian

denebian I've got better things to do tonight...

News Credits:
    Leader Astrotrain is a voyager with extra parts, though, so unless Blitzwing also comes with extra parts, voyager is fine for him.

• Like Like x 8
  17. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm 90% convinced that Siege Sideswipe's mold is intended for Hot Rod. There are unused slots in alt mode clearly intended for a spoiler. And then there's the fact that Firebolt is in Siege.

• Like Like x 4
  18. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I mean strictly looking at how you could deliver all 5 Dinobots without needing 5 new molds. Three of the four Dinobots shared basic elements between them.

• Like Like x 4
  19. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I'd bet my firstborn that Sunstreaker will never share a mold with Sideswipe again in the main line.

Sooo... a repaint of Road Rage? Or Loudpetal?

You mean Leader, right? Only Swoop is Voyager-sized.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Whatever comes next, I just hope it keeps the same overall quality of SIEGE - minus the battle damage paint. Put that paint into real detail and you have a major winner. The standard articulation and level of transformation is just right.

• Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.