Rumor: Next Line after Siege

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by catz, Jul 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joseph Joestar

Joseph Joestar Well-Known Member

That also works for me! The more bases, the better!

2. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Between Omega and Skylynx you have everything special about the Rocket Base covered including Micromaster Countdown. Hasbro would probably do another Metroplex after Scorponok if they do one at all.

• Like Like x 1
  3. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Hasbro's already repurposed "Ironworks" to be the base instead of the Micromaster (who they sold in a 10-pack).

Nothing's stopping them from doing a rocket base and giving it some new name if they're looking to keep things going. That said, I don't think he's the next Titan, nor do I think it'd be Metroplex. I think they'll go back to another combiner.

4. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Screenshot_20200205-143149~2.png

• Like Like x 1
  5. loulis

loulis Member

I want a micromaster-style deluxe class duo which are also weaponizers, for the titans! Get!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes, but Omega Supreme and new Skylynx are literally just that already, two robots that turn into rocket bases, with Skylynx even taking inspiration from the Rocket Base's use as a launchpad for Galaxy Shuttle. Plus who would want a tiny version of the Rocket Base that turns into a deluxe size robot? There are no combiners left with a big enough name pull and no Monstructor really doesn't, plus it would have to be an Autobot. So either a redo or I suppose Hasbro makes a new Primus/Cybertron and wrecks IDW fiction again.

7. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I kinda want a Deluxe Scorpulator for CW Devastator's Battlemaster.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    How about a victory saber? Two commanders combining to form a combiner sized bot? And have the next commander be deathsaurus, so that we have the two to fight. May not carry much in name, but I suspect his design would really appeal to people. That's just the kind of design he has. And yeah, I know it's not likely, but y'know...:p 

• Like Like x 5
  9. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I'm talking about the rocket base being a titan sized modular battle station. With a new robot mode.

And the next Titan isn't obligated to be an Autobot...unless something already confirmed this. No more than the next commander has to be a Decepticon.

As to name-recognition...with who? Kids buy what looks cool. They wouldn't care if "Moonshot" is some C-lister, just like they wouldn't have known who Trypticon or even Sky Lynx was after all this time.

Beyond the "usuals" name recognition is meaningless. If *we* know who it is, that's all that matters.

So if all of these big rocket ships and jets are selling, Hasbro's going to keep selling big rocket ships and jets.

Rocket base is one, that decepticon shuttle is another. Tidal Wave, Broadside, Star Saber, Galaxt Shuttle... they'll do every goddamn rocket ship, boat, and jet under the sun if that's what moves Commanders and Titans.

Hell, if Sky Lynx sells well enough mark my words they'll at minimum repaint it, and possibly even retool it, into Giant Purple Griffin. And then they'll give it some stupid but kid friendly name and we'll lap it up.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Terrorgriff? Purple poison? Flying abomination? Let's make up some purple Griffin names:p 

• Like Like x 6
  11. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

Gurple Piffin?

• Like Like x 7
  12. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Or, you know, just call him Skystalker. It fits better than the little car (but I really want an update of the little car too so Countdown has his nemesis!)

• Like Like x 7
  13. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Dark Steel, after that bluish hippogriff from Predacons rising. I'm blanking on the original name for the green version, but that too.

• Like Like x 8
  14. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Giant Purple Griffin

tumblr_mj8gajVu9v1qmscffo3_250.jpeg tumblr_ncil93FbAJ1qcrr5qo4_r1_400.gif tumblr_mj8gajVu9v1qmscffo8_250.jpeg tumblr_mj8gajVu9v1qmscffo6_250.jpeg
    1580624322520~6.jpg

I think it's a very plausible retool. New shuttle head though.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 13
  15. AutobotStrider

AutobotStrider Well-Known Member

I'm just not a fan of the design at all and I think it splitting into two different beast things is weird too. Would probably be up there as one of my least favourite Transformers.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Well it is from a completely different toy line originally so yeah it's never really fitted in. Odds are if they hadn't pulled it from that other source we'd never have seen anything like it in G1.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    I would argue that Omega Supreme and Skorponok are already not that well known names except for those of us who have delved a bit beneath the surface of Transformer fiction.
    If we take cartoons and the movies as the surface level the average non veteran collector toy buyer might be familiar with, the only recent cartoon I am aware of which Omega appeared in would be TFA (I think?) and has this version of Scorponok appeared in any cartoons since the various stripes of the original cartoon? The name has appeared in BW, the Bayformers movies and Robots in Disguise but they are all very different characters and certainly not a giant bot. And while Omega and Scorponok have appeared in the IDW2005 comic more recently that is still hardly surface level. Skylynx too is pretty obscure from more recent media, the only other use of Skylynx being as a name for a Prime Predacon and he's drastically different to the point of being a name reuse.

My point is, I don't think obscurity is necessarily an issue as long as the design looks cool enough and/or it has cool gimmicks. That said I've no bones personally for Titan class as I do not have the space nor money for one :D 

Hmm if they are on a space sells bent I'm now thinking of Shockwave's awesome space cruiser alt mode in Siege.

To be honest, more space ship alt modes is fine by me if they're as cool as Shockwave's space ship mode :) 

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A lot of people feel the same, I remember the encore sky lynx was also a hard sell, hung around for ages at bottom prices too. He was still very niche back then.

Combiner wars sky lynx seemed reasonably popular but obviously had the combiner gimmick.

MMC Inventa has been popular enough as a large scale sky lynx but then its aimed at the MP collector.

He's certainly had more exposure of recent.

As you mention, Omega Supreme had an appearance in TF Animated and as the ark titan, that was a great story line.

He is also an epic looking toy in siege. He was also in the WfC computer game which was pretty big exposure.

Skorponok has been used as character & toy since Beast Wars - Energon - ROTF etc so the name will be familiar and which kids won't like a giant titan size transformer robot...

There will be enough G1 era fans to buy skorponok too en-masse anyway; especially as he has never really been released as a toy true to headmasters (pandinus really wasn't). For omega supreme the market was alreay diluted with FT, Weijiang and DX9 versions.

• Like Like x 1
  19. WhatWouldSkyLynxDo

WhatWouldSkyLynxDo Well-Known Member

Sky Lynx was my first toy love, and I still regret never picking up the encore release. (Anyone see it somewhere cheap?).

His various modes, and the various ways they were treated in comics and the cartoon always made him a bit more mysterious/comical to me. Sky Lynx, the enigma of my childhood.

I can’t wait to see him next to Titan Trypticon :) 

• Like Like x 2
  20. TheAmazingBrave

TheAmazingBrave 吾輩は猫である!!!

I wouldn't even mind a reissue of Metroplex considering how expensive aftermarket prices are. At the time he was released I convinced myself I didn't have room for a Titan, and now I have both Trypticon, Fort Max, and Devastator.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.