Rumor: Next Line after Siege

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by catz, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    Oh are those the power dashers?

2. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

Ebay:
    That stings a little. Dx

They're the Wave5 Micromasters. Erm, the ones that aren't Rumble & Ratbat.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    It'd be nice to see some pre-orders of them...

• Like Like x 8
  4. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nor does Walmart encourage creating massive lines of people - if a customer service rep is seen to constantly have long lines Walmart managers don't say "Oh thank goodness, we have a vanguard of quality here". They say "oh, look at how slow this person is". =)

5. KRPH

KRPH Combiner Collector

Twitter:
    Decepticats agree.

6. orangeitis

Ebay:
    YAY I LOVE PAW PATROL

...I want a Sky Lynx that big to swoosh. :<

7. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    You willing to pay for it? Even a Titan SL would probably be half that size and at minimum twice the price... probably closer to triple.

8. orangeitis

Ebay:
    Absolutely.

9. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    A Titan Class Skylinx would be the best class to scale with Titan Class Predaking

• Like Like x 1
  10. orangeitis

Ebay:
    Wait, are you saying that @Diamondback is implying that it will not...?

You did post this under the knowledge that Generations is operating under a unified scale now, right?

11. Jim199

Jim199 Active Member

I can't wait for Impactor and just caught up on his origins on the interesting You tube transformers explained Impactor video.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    I did but I don't have a whole lotta faith in consistent "scale" either--it's not just Hasbro that has this problem, the only tyrannosaur in Mattel's JW line that's close to believable size (a 42' rex should be as long as seven 6' figures end-to-end or around 26") is one not even marketed for 3.75" "Figure Scale" and even then it'd represent a freakishly huge monster, a Richard "Jaws" Kiel of tyrannosaurs grown to almost 60' that could only exist under "Perfect Storm" conditions of genetics, nutrition and experience/exercise. So call me jaded and cynical if you must, but... if "scale" were really a thing rather than what Hector Barbossa would call "guidelines, not rules", alt-modes would reflect that too. (Going back to G1, explain two human-sized dudes combining into a 110' SR-71 Blackbird... or an even bigger B-1. Even the various Shuttle bots... well, Blast Off, Astrotrain, Sky Linx and the MM-combiner shuttle team would each be the size of a DC-9 airliner.)

13. orangeitis

Ebay:
    If that's the case, I reject your initial claim that Sky Lynx will "probably be half that size". I'm taking Hasbro at their word on this, and they gave me no reason to think otherwise, regardless of what other toy companies do with "scale" claims.

Canonical size changing is a completely different topic from the scale of each mode. Some Cybertronians change mass and/or volume when they transform. If you don't like that aspect of TF lore, that's fine, but it is a part of TF lore nonetheless.

• Like Like x 1
  14. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    The scale for War for Cybertron is based upon robot mode, the most popular mode for figures.

Since before the line began, Hasbro has stated that scale is a feature of the line, obviously the scale wont be 110% exact to the cartoon as some of those proportions are difficult if not impossible to match perfectly and some minor characters are repaints, remolds or beholden to a previous character(Skytread) and thus wouldn't follow cartoon scale exactly and there are comic only characters who's scale in the comics has never been consistent, in those cases Hasbrk will make their best judgment etc.

When it comes to big ticket characters, scale has been on point, they literally created a new scale for Jetfire and characters canonically more massive than the largest leaders etc when they could have just made him a big, hollow leader, that alone should indicate their seriousness.

When they created WFC-S Omega Supreme, as stated in the video interview, they did so with CW Devastator in mind, the rival to Omega Supreme. CW was many years ago yet they still scaled Omega to Devastator, I see no evidence or reason for them to break that trend with Predaking and a hypothetical Sky-Linx. People claim that Sky-Linx wont be scaled to Predaking because he is not popular, people say class is more so determined by popularity, that in my opinion is rubbing at its core, sure popularity may play a small role and obviously we have OP, Bee, Megs etc who are the MOST popular among ALL Generations but Fort Max, Metroplex, Omega, Trypticon are NOT popular at all among the 10 year olds of the general population today. No 10 year old gen pop kid is familiar with G1 etc. The primary demographic for TF toys Generations wise is 10 year old boys per Hasbro reps(see video from CA Fan Expo), but obviously Titans and Commanders will have more exposure among collectors etc, those larger characters are likely bought more so by collectors to include children of collectors( they are not gen pop).

To be clear, I am not a fan of Sky-Linx but I am a fan of completing rival sets, a Leader or a Commander can NOT rival a Titan Class Predaking, Sky-Linx and Scorponock are all we need to COMPLETE the Titan rival sets, it's very likely that Scorponock will be the next Titan, after that is open season, I dont expect Sky-Linx any time soon but when he does come, I'd expect him to scale with Predaking just like his Original G1 toy did Screenshot_20190628-110508_YouTube.jpg , just like in the cartoon Screenshot_20190627-201312_Google.jpg and just like how 3P are doing their Sky-Linx and Predaking etc. Screenshot_20190807-115448_Google.jpg
    Sky-Linx must be Titan Class

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  15. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Skytread is an irrelevant example of improper scale, siege is based on sunbow scale, not headmasters and flywheels/skytread was never in the sunbow toon outside of the intro for rebirth

• Like Like x 6
  16. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

In the end, it all boils down to if Hasbro thinks there is a big enough market for a $150 Sky Lynx. If their answer is yes, we might have such a figure, maybe immediately after Scorponok. If the answer is no, we might end up with a smaller and cheaper one, or no Sky Lynx at all.

• Like Like x 8
  17. Saberclaw84

Saberclaw84 Defensor’s Servant

I demand more Micromasters HasTak.

The legion must grow. Eventually there will be enough to take over Metroplex. Or Trypticon. Or any titan.

• Like Like x 7
  18. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Archer is long gone ; wasn't it him who hated Sky Lynx ?

I think Titan Sky Lynx would be fun - I'd like some semblance of a base mode on it though. Even it it's something as simple as a launch system for the shuttle (similar to Astrotrain) and an opening cargo bay on the shuttle you can put Micromasters in.

As for the things in Siege that Interest me - I'm keen to get the Powerdashers.

• Like Like x 3
  19. KRPH

KRPH Combiner Collector

Twitter:
    If this thread is closed, I'll be at the other thread.

• Like Like x 1
  20. nathan_s82

nathan_s82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any word on Siege Barricade? It is strange that it's not up for order since it is the same Wave as Mirage and Impactor.