Rumor: Next Line after Siege

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by catz, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    I used to think the build a figure idea was great....but retailers are having so many issues with cut open packages and product returned with parts swapped that even walmart is considering dropping Marvel Legends (you really cant expect some poor customer service clerk to know exactly what little piece was supposed to be there on every figure while they have a line of unhappy people.)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Sparkletron

Sparkletron Active Member

Aye in the legends groups you do see some horror stories!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    RID Crash combiners are essentially that already.

To elaborate on the idea of a Build-a-figure Pretender. Imagine the Haunch of a wolf or beast it's a large rounded part with a leg hanging off it - you can have some joints on the leg and if each individual figure had their own weapon that armour piece could combine with it - so it is a part useful to the figure it comes with (Think of the power Rangers each carries a weapon and they all combine into a super cannon) so again imagine a haunch and the figure with the Haunch/leg packed with it has a melee weapon like an serated sword or axe that could slip into the haunch and make a hanunch with an axe blade or a saw blade in it - then it's also a Leg. you do that 4 times for each leg and any weapon can combine with any leg, the haunch can also be used as foot pads, shoulder plates, a chest or back piece or a hand or arm mounted shield (much like you can with Cog).

But once you have all the parts they can combine into a beast - or all the parts can fit on any robot to make a beast up robot mode. (like Actionmaster assortment 4 with more bits) the beast or armour up mode could also fit over a smaller figure entirely depending on scale that could be a Legend class inner robot or a small deluxe or if you want to be cheap a Micro-figure.

Alternatively the smaller figure could be sold in a gift set - the main robot and the armour in a single pack so the disguise might not be as good as the animal but it would be able to be much more articulated.

The whole thing could be marketed as one of Shockwave's crazy experiments. Maybe if you had a couple of pretenders in a legends line and some as complete sets and then the shells split out as accessories - then maybe the Voyager and leader class could be pretender vehicles/ Ultra pretenders. & they could split up too and if they all mix and match you could make wacky animal combos or even put the beast armour on the beast mode of another armour. It's an elaboration of the existing Cyberverse line and the existing COMBAT theme mechanics only with a beast theme... but much more play value than the original toys.

One way to think of how the pretenders could work might be to think of Siege Ultra Magnus with his armour on. But have each individual part have a secondary or tertary function.

Another layer of fun could be added by decorating the beasts with Targetmasters or Micromaster weapon modes or having them ride them like a horsey. m(as could the Legends class). I'd suggest starting with Pretender Beasts - but the basic idea works with normal pretenders too to some extent - but they might work better as self contained toys.

I do think that if something like Igunanus was a sold as a stand alone inner-robot mode figure though it would likely have to be a better toy than they could get away with as a gift set - judging by the short cuts we see in the armourised Cyberverse line figures at least.

There might be potential to take the idea as a stand alone thing and apply it to the Quintessons too - give them some giant killer monster thing they can unite with or sit inside of - perhaps.

• Like Like x 3
  4. denebian

denebian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This would be great for an Armada line, since a lot of those figures did that. But for Generations.... I can only really think of a handful that would work for that. Victory Multiforce would be perfect for that idea, and give us a 6-member combiner as well, and the Cassette combiners (like Slamdance). I can't think of any other G1 bots in the Duocon style.
    I have a feeling if we do get any Duocon-style bots, it won't be line-wide, just one or two.
    Until they get back to Armada :) 

• Like Like x 2
  5. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    Do you mean Energon?

• Like Like x 3
  6. denebian

denebian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much all of the Unicron Trilogy. Armada started it with Op/Jetfire, and Energon continued it, yes.

7. KRPH

KRPH Combiner Collector

Twitter:
    I think it's Energon they had the top-bottom Powerlinxes.

• Like Like x 2
  8. KRPH

KRPH Combiner Collector

Twitter:
    There are reasons why they haven't done him is in the misleading name itself. It's hard but bizzare.

• Like Like x 2
  9. KRPH

KRPH Combiner Collector

Twitter:
    Now, here's the most interesting question...

While I could say 50:50 chances of Battletrap being remade for the WFC version, there are other ideas in store, although I'm OK with Flywheels/Skytread, but the swapping part with PP Battletrap leads to two Duocons of different heights. Slamdance... eh. The upside down nature of Siege Slamdance is a huge pass for me.

As for the possible ideas... Landcross, Dinoking/Monstructor, any smaller combiners except the Sixteams which would be better off in the Micros side. I'm talking about Deluxes and/or Legends combine into smaller than average Generations combiners. As for Energon/Superlink respect, the same aforementioned classes can work wonders, especially if you want to know how to make a double connectors like in the original Landcross set (or the basic Micromaster Combiner Squads), where one male connector is on one side and a female connector on the other side. Energon also uses this kind of system except it's a different tack. I don't personally want to start on how underrated Crash Combiners were.

10. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    look at the back of the box. then look at what is in the box. tell the "customer" that you cannot accept a return on tampered product. if they yell, call a manager. i work retail its not that difficult. but i do understand its walmart. walmart doesnt pay their employees enough to give a shit.

11. KRPH

KRPH Combiner Collector

Twitter:
    Since Unicron's deadline has been shoved to the end of NYCC, I'm still wondering about the future of the trilogy and will it be the best time to reveal War For Cybertron Trilogy Part 2? I mean, it's September already, and it's over one more month until New York Comic-Con, and hopes Hasbro don't extend Siege again. The stuff at San Diego are enough to conclude the first episode, but then we need info on the next apart from next year's fan vote (which is a Battlecharger). Chaos? Infiltration? Exodus? Crisis? Clash? Armageddon? So many names, to think, and I think they're still thinking of what good name to call part 2.

12. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Its not just Walmart. The same is common at Target, Walgreens, used to happen at TRU when they were still around. If its not returna ita also just straight razor blading the package and stealing the BAF parts. Its not like legends are profitable enough to have a security guu on the aisle 24/7 watching for baf thieves...it just becomes unprofittable until companies drop the line for something that isnt as big a headache.

13. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    There's still several issues with this:

1 unless you're a completionist you're going to have spare "haunches" or various parts laying around. My Prowl figure doesn't need a "haunch-axe" just because I refuse to buy another bumblebee, jazz, and cliffjumper from 'wave 2' to finish the pretender

2 you're taking plastic away from the main toy, which is already a growing problem

• Like Like x 1
  14. Superhans

Superhans TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    These are two of the funniest things I’ve ever read on this website.

15. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    RID Crash Combiners are the best.

16. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There’s a 0% chance of battletrap getting remade, skytread was designed alongside battletrap and held back. This information was given to us in an interview some months ago, no I don’t have a link. Also them using the same connector port shows that whey were intended to go together

• Like Like x 5
  17. KRPH

KRPH Combiner Collector

Twitter:
    Yet again, correct. Half of the time it will not happen.

18. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid "See see Seacons!"

News Credits:
    Then don't buy all of Wave 2 and just do what every grown adult does with those pieces...toss them in an accessories bin.

Hell, Weaponizers are already a step towards possible build a figures. Take Sixgun and split him between wavemates.

Also, to double back on the "swooshing" issue with a Titan Sky Lynx, here's a $60 Paw Patrol jet that's almost as big as my son.

20190901_101557.jpg

That's probably twice as big as a Titan Lynx, and yet there it is. Ruff-ruff ready to swoosh.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    So aside from Astrotrain, hot shot, Apeface and Spinister, there are no other standout figures really coming out? I know there’s also the special Refraktor and 3 fan vote pack plus omega. But beyond that, another big hits? My Nightbird and her counterpart are on their way to me

• Like Like x 1
  20. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

Ebay:
    Depends on which ones you consider to be "standout", I guess. For me, it's Direct-Hit and Power Punch.