Rumor: Next Line after Siege

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by catz, Jul 11, 2019.

1. KRPH

KRPH Combiner Collector

Twitter:
    True.

• Like Like x 3
  2. KRPH

KRPH Combiner Collector

Twitter:
    The Throttlebots still needs justice, and ditching the Legends class is a sign that Hasbro is not letting many fans get the other five, at least Goldfire. I mean, we really need the entire team covered, right?
    Just wait until we get one in Selects... it might be hard to accept why they left so many voids, Honestly, I wanted TR Eject. And if WFC Blaster is made, let's hope he gets his Micromaster patrols.
    Blaster Attack Patrol: Steeljaw and Ramhorn
    Blaster Scout Patrol: Rewind and Stripes
    Blaster City Patrol: Eject and Sundor

Easily the best idea to boot. I would say make TR Eject, Sundor, and even Flip Sides and Rosanna as a Selects 4-pack.
    If I find myself a Timon Transformer, I'd laugh at that Pumbaa.

• Like Like x 2
  3. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

Ebay:
    Well, look at it this way. Hasbro has stated multiple times that Generations now has a unified scale. If the Legends class is permanently gone, that would necessarily mean that a huge swath of characters that are canonically around Legends size compared to other WFC figures thus far are at best going to be released few and far between, requiring armor upgrades ala Siege Shockwave to be bumped up to Deluxe, or at worst not going to be represented at all any more. And if you think about it, there are too many important characters that fit that short stature in the unified Generations scale - especially one in particular: Bumblebee.

I doubt that size class is gone for good. Maybe they're alternating the price point between them and Micromaster 2-packs. A li'l sloppy if you ask me; both size classes need an entire price point to themselves to thrive, but meh. =/

• Like Like x 6
  4. LoneDragon

LoneDragon I dare to be stupid!

I wouldn't mind seeing previous Legends class figs as small Deluxes. I mean I'll eventually buy some of the Prime Wars Legends if they don't, but I'd happily buy Deluxe versions of characters such as Cosmos, Warpath, Beachcomber, Powerglide, Seaspray...

• Like Like x 5
  5. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

Ebay:
    Some of them might be too 'bulky' to represent at the normal Legends size anyway, so I think that's a reasonable request. Minibots like Huffer, Warpath and Seaspray are between Bumblebee's and Sideswipe's height, so giving them extras to justify the Deluxe price isn't too far fetched. Hell, they even got molds for some of 'em already. Enlarge the Titan's return Seaspray just a teeeensy bit for instance, and add another accessory or two and he's set. Though I'd imagine if they come out in the WFC trilogy, Hasbro would want to remold Cybertronian modes for them, but IMHO I think Earth modes will come eventually. Hasbro isn't acting like they're allergic to money any more. =p

• Like Like x 5
  6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Exactly.

Well, really they had two gimmicks. First was their articulation as you already mentioned. Second was that they had either a partner or a vehicle that could transform into a weapon, armor or battle platform... an extension of Targetmasters in some respects. Lionizer was originally Rad's partner which gives me hope for Wingthing for Soundwave at some point.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I am 100% down for deluxe size Minibots. Just make them short, half the height of Ironhide, but give them extra panels to hide gaps, an increased part count for some nice complexity/articulation and obviously an accessory.

Or

Include two Minibots in a deluxe box. I think this idea would be more costly for Hasbro then just producing one regular size deluxe figure but its an idea. Skytread almost feels like two Minibots scrunched together.

• Like Like x 6
  8. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I still have Classics Bumblebee and Generations Warpath in my collection, and have no intention of replacing them with Legends class figures at all. I'd be totally fine if they Deluxed all the other Minibots, and as my children would get all my Legends class Minibots in that event they also are totally fine with that.

Now to go REALLY unpopular. All we'd really need when you come down to it to finish Legends sized Throttlebots would be a new Wideload mold. The Bumblebee mold already showed promise as Chase, and some minor remolding could land the other three car Throttlebots. Since Rollbar's transformation scheme is the same as the Bee mold, the Brawn mold is a poor fit. Even the Battletrap mold would be a rather substandard version if done that way, so I argue that modifying the back hatch of the Bee mold to make it boxy like a Land Rover would accomplish the job.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Honestly, I'd personally prefer if they released all the minibots as deluxes as I think that's the only way you'd be able to get the varying sizes of all the minibots. While guys like Bumblebee and Wheelie (who are arguably the two smallest Autobots in the fiction) only stand as tall as say Prowl or Sideswipe's waste line... you have guys like Warpath and Powerglide who are pretty much the same size as the "smaller" Autobot cars as far as their animation models go. I say do them as deluxes and for the smaller guys like Bumblebee you do what Hasbro did for Classics Bumblebee/Cliffjumper and add in an accessory that helps sweeten the price point (much like we're seeing with the current leader class where we're essentially getting a Voyager sized figure with "extras" to bring it up to the leader price point).

• Like Like x 5
  10. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    And once they have Powerglide designed they can downscale his master model to get a head start on Micromasters Hot House and Nightflight. :) 

• Like Like x 3
  11. KRPH

KRPH Combiner Collector

Twitter:
    Just think of Refraktor. Smaller size than most Deluxes, but it has essential accessories for the camera and/or drone.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

If nothing else, I hope we get Pipes/Huffer. They did not win the mold lottery in CW...

Wingthing is at the top of my want list. The idea of having a "complete" Soundwave is tantalizing.
    My hope is we get Landfill, who they repaint into Wideload. Of course, I'd rather have a new mold, but he's probably not too high up on people's lists.
    One thought is to do the Throttlebots from the upcoming Runamuck mold. The artwork shows him having 2 wheels on each foot, similar to the Throttlebots.

• Like Like x 4
  13. shellformer

shellformer @

The unspoken part of promising to retain legacy gimmicks for redone characters is that they don't actually have to redo every character. They can just skip actionmasters and pretenders until they start a line where they don't care about legacy gimmicks. There are still enough G1 characters that haven't been done in the WFC style that they don't have to dig quite that deep yet. And again, the upcoming Spinister doesn't appear to come with two small targetmasters so exceptions are possible.

In conclusion: who knows? I remain hopeful but doubtful.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I really hope the legends class isn't gone.
    It would be such a fuck you from Hasbro when we nearly got all the minibots as legends.

15. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty sure we did actually get all of them, though not necessarily as new molds

• Like Like x 5
  16. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid "See see Seacons!"

News Credits:
    What if they just sold the Minibots in two packs?

If we consider the Prime Wars to be all one line, then we're pretty much covered.

Bumblebee - TR
    Brawn - TR
    Huffer - CW
    Windcharger - CW/PotP
    Beachcomber - PotP
    Cosmos - T30/TR
    Powerglide - CW
    Seaspray - TR
    Warpath - CW
    Outback - PotP
    Pipes - CW
    Tailgate - PotP
    Wheelie - TR
    -------------------
    The only "gaps" would be if you don't count the T30 stuff, at which point here are the updates that'd be "missing."

Cliffjumper - T30
    Gears - T30
    Hubcap - ***
    Swerve - T30

But even then, we got everybody but Hubcap at the Legends price point. And when it comes to that...my guess is they skipped him because a yellow "repaint" of TR Bee wouldn't really make all that much sense.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    We didn't get the Throttlebots.
    And Warpath and Cliffjumper could get better molds.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We never got Hubcap either. And while I’m happy with Warpath and Huffer (I know a lot of fans aren’t) I do want a new Cliffjumper. And Pipes with a proper head.

• Like Like x 3
  19. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid "See see Seacons!"

News Credits:
    And before people scoff at this idea, we've seen Flywheels sold as a Deluxe with two alts. Do we know that they couldn't fit two Minibots in the same Deluxe box if there wasn't a need for a third combined mode?

Also, the reason I suggest two minibots sold as a single Deluxe? I still think there's a good chance we see Wingwaver, Dashtacker and Machtackle sold as three Deluxe duocons with the ability to form Landcross.

• Like Like x 8
  20. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I really like this idea.

• Like Like x 3