Rumor - MP-22 Ultra Magnus With Trailer Listing at BBTS (No Pics Yet)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by shiftypenguin, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ironprimereview

ironprimereview follow me on twitter

Ebay:
    as much as i am tempted to pre order this i have a feeling that we will get a hasbro version especially seeing how well MP10 turned out when they presented their version with the trailer. i think i will take the gamble and wait.

2. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The dream is real! An honest-to-goodness proper Masterpiece Ultra Magnus! I can't wait to see photos of this baby.

3. stprime

stprime THE Prime that the Matrix refused.

News Credits:
    My idea of a masterpiece um...

[​IMG]

Of course the inside of the boots couldn't be the way I drew them but everything else is possible.

4. agentcastle

agentcastle crotchimus prime

Most likely, you are correct.... But I couldn't resist the preorder (i couldnt shake that what if feeling)

5. Window

Window Well-Known Member

Not risking a Hasbro version as the distribution here in Canada sucks balls and scalpers are all over the bloody place.

6. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Scalpers are literally the devil. I'll probably never get a TRU Soundwave.

7. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if there's at least one month's play in the release date and that if I'm quick, maybe 10% could be shaved off that price at least through AE or HLJ, maybe even RK. Good news if true though. I'm not too doubtful, seeing as this is how we found out about MPs 17-19, though it would be reassuring to see something of MP Bumblebee and Wheeljack for the sake of this news, and exciting in its own right.

8. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

There's plenty here. I have one if u need one

9. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    one of the things i thought was cool with magnus is he was the only power up armor character before pm prime came out. back then it was unique. now, not so much with every prime and their brothers having power up suits

10. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just to be sure, I asked BBTS about it. They confirmed they got this information through a "trusted and proven source they have known for years." :) 

11. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think he is talking about the image, not that MP-22 is not Ultra Magnus.

12. yummehcheese

yummehcheese Well-Known Member

August 2014? I sure as hell am going to be preordering this soonish.

13. emptythreat

emptythreat Well-Known Member

Don't really care about them all being in scale to one another I would rather they were all a decent size. If they're all relative to one another we will never get a MP combiner and Bumblebee will either be an impossibly small car puting him out of scale with the others or a robot bigger than he was portrayed in the cartoon. My vote would be the bigger robot mode and keep the car consistent to an already too small line. By which I mean MP Soundwave is already on the short size relative to how much he costs! In the UK he was 2 1/2 times the cost of the first MP Prime and double the cost of MP Grimlock/Hot Rod. I do think Hasbro are taking the piss a bit with their prices but still better than all of the importing costs etc.

Also, pleased there won't be any Minimus Ambus rubbish with this release and that it will be based on the cartoon/toy. I also quite like the armour bolted on approach rather than an all in one, I'd like to see a MP Powermaster Prime using that same logic (MPPMP?!) and for him to therefore be bigger than the others. Seeing as he never appeared in the US cartoon it'd be interesting to wonder how they'd approach that one.

14. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    I think it would be cool if they simply put the UM head on the MP10 core instead of the Optimus head. That way the core is a little more than 'just a white Optimus', lending it a bit more of its own identity. To work around the space issues of where the head is stored, the sides could compress like MP11 and the head cannons could retract.

15. crimsongrey06

crimsongrey06 Well-Known Member

damn, i hope this is still available for preorder after the holidays. . . my wallet is hurting right now

16. stprime

stprime THE Prime that the Matrix refused.

News Credits:
    i always thought and explained the two head issue like this...

when magnus puts on his ultra helmet, then the mouth guard will open, like movie/prime slides in and out, and his eyes change color from red to blue.

also, the issue of white/silver thighs could be solved simply by having them two toned and on a swivel. one side is regular op style in silver and then when he's wearing the armor you rotated the thighs 180' to the white side.

17. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

personally i don't think its necessarily toy this or toon that. i think they really just want to make the best representation of the character we REMEMBER when we think back. Example...MP-10 takara and hasbro....didn't have WHITE hips and thighs like the toon, nor chrome like the toy (which i would have loved btw...chrome mp-10 thighs would be the shiet...some 3P should do that)...They both made them some shade of grey. Why? because its believable that they would be grey going by our conglomerate of memories and impressions. I also think "white" in the toon meant "silver" because you can't really have silver in a cartoon...it'd just look grey or light grey or white. I mean we don't really think megatron is all white do we? we know he is silver/chrome.

getting back on topic. many people remember cartoon magnus...just as many peopel remmeber and love toy magnus. heck...some of us even wanted magnus just because we wanted another prime (i had broken my originla g1 prime for instance and wanted that white prime with a trailer before i ever saw the movie or season 3). i also think love for the toy is strong too even if combined mode is a brick. love of the animated hcaacter in the movie....his most remembered line is "i can't deal with that right now". he gets blown to pieces. he only somewhat redeems himself in season 3 where he is a sage advisor to that emo bitch rodimus.

18. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Agreed. That, and the coloring of Soundwave & Red Alert also drive that point home even further. Minus the animation accurate red visor, Soundwave has original toy colors with all his toon white actually being silver, and Red Alert has 100% toy colors vs. his VERY differently colored toon counterpart. They're definitely aiming for the best possible hybrid of both iterations that they can.

19. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Agreed. It's the best parts of both toy and animation, creating the ultimate version of that character. I have a hard time dealing with people who just claim toy this or animation that as well. Just look at MP-10. Both toy and animation references can be found in that, as well as inconsistencies with both. It draws on both the animation and toy design to create (arguably) the best incarnation of prime yet.

I have no doubt magnus will do the exact same thing. Its going to likely feature the toy's transformation, yet be accurate to the design used in the animation. They are trying to please everyone with these releases, not segregate their fanbase.

20. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

yup soundwave is definitely toy colored. his toon blue was actually even deeper sometimes almost black see the linked pic
    [​IMG]

personally i'm surprised hasbro didn't try to "out toon" takara and go darker like the toon. THAT being said i hope magnus is has a light blue like the toy, not dark like the animation model. whatever it is...i hope hasbro eventaully does it in the opposite source inspired so we all have choices (or 2 variants for us hoarders).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.