RUMOR: Jurassic Park toyline returns to ToysRus this June?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by netkid, May 9, 2009.

1. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh god that sounds awful.

I hope if anything, they just release repaints that never got out.

Like these 2 gems.

JP Toys
    JP Toys

Nice REALISTIC paint jobs. Not that wacky dinos on acid crap we got with Chaos Effect. Those colors only worked for the dinos that were actually genetic mash-ups the multiple dinosaurs.

[​IMG]

^THAT is what I'm talking about when I say a T-Rex in the original JP colors!

Now granted, the actual paint job would look much more "mass market" but if they at least attempt that then it could do wonder for the T-Rex figures.

If they do that with the original electronic Rex or the Thrasher Rex figure then I'll be in very very happy with Hasbro.

2. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    My store got the "larger" T-Rex and Pterodactyl, or Pterandron, or whatever that fucking bird-thing is called.

3. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They repainted those two TWICE for KB and in such a short time span you wouldn't even know it.

I swear, the JP 3 line has been repainted by Hasbro more times than it honestly should have been.

Which is why I HOPE if they repaint something for these JP ToysRus figures, then it's anything but JP3.

4. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

5. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That isnt the script i read about. They made serveral scripts. The one i read was more about a disease killing off dinosaurs like i said and one of the original characters researching.

6. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The script I heard about was with the dinosaurs finally reaching the mainland. Hence, the Chaos Effect that "Life cannot be contained(not even on an island), life will find a way"

This very idea was hinted at the end of JP 3 when we see the Pterranodons flying away from the island.

After a string of unexplainable boat attacks and ships found with no crews, it supposedly was to partly take place underwater with Malcolm(Jeff Goldblum) in a mini-sub exploring the islands deep underwater and finding aquatic and amphibious dinosaurs and other long extinct prehistoric creatures that were never documented by Hammond.

This only generated further proof of In-Gen doing some of their own genetic experiments behind the scenes, which is something we are made aware of in JP 3 with the Spinosaurus. However, In-Gen's genetic tampering has been around since movie 1 with the Dilophosaurus(smaller size, frill, venomous spit), Velociraptors(human size, enhanced intelligence, accelerated evolution), and in movie 3 with the Pterranodons(they have teeth). Any time the JP dinosaurs have something that their real life counterparts do not, it is explained by In-Gen manipulating the genetics of the dinosaurs so they have more "show" for park goers.

The story would then have Malcolm return to the mainland and be followed by Pterannodons, the Spinosaurus, and a host of other creatures that would be able to leave the island which would all attack people on the mainland like the T-Rex did in San Francisco at the end of TLW. Malcolm stops the dinos, the end.

Another idea was that some original cast members go back to the original island to stop the company Nedry was working for from making dinosaurs of their own. The entire chain of islands get explored with the idea that the smaller the islands got, the more dangerous types of Dinosaurs were on them. The last island was supposed to have all the biggest dinosaurs, including a Giganotosaurus on it, which would kill the Spinosaurus when it swam after the humans to this island. All these new dinosaurs would also address the idea of In-Gen doing their own genetic experiments behind the scenes, which again, is something we are made aware of in JP 3 with the undocumented Spinosaurus.

7. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    ...Wow, I would love to see something like those two ideas. The genetic modification bit actually makes sense too.

Anyways, here's to hoping that it's an entire new toyline!

8. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    my original trex always broke, i went through 3 or 4 of them. the rib button would get stuck in place or something and he would roar constantly as long as batteries were in him. Not cool.

9. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Mine wouldn't roar at all. :( 

I wish if they ever make a new T-Rex with rubber skin, then they at least make it so you can remove the skin and take the toy apart if it needs to be repaired internally.

10. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Wow. Any of those ideas for JP4 would have been great! I honestly didn't know so many different versions of JP4 were in development hell. I had only heard of the dino-rider one.

I would have loved to see JP4, honest. I liked all JP movies, and I liked JP3 better than JP2. I just see no downside to a mindless, fun 90-120 minute break from reality involving multi-million dollar dinosaur puppets and effects. So what if JP3 wasn't as deep or scientific as JP1, it was still a fun movie.

11. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    For me JP 3 was non stop action and then the abrupt ending had me literally like "Is that it?"

I was disappointed. I wanted to see more dinosaurs. Especially a return of the dilophosaurus and throw in the genetically altered Carnotaurus that could blend in like a chameleon and the raptor bike chase.

So many good things from TLW novel have not been used yet.

12. Lazeric

Lazeric Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Mine still roars, and stomps! Same, original batteries, too! :D 

Of course, I was in high school when I got him, so he was always more of a "display" piece. But he is fun to make "stomp" and squeeze a little "rawr" out of him.

My screamin' raptor went silent long ago, though...

13. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My raptor still works. So does my Dilophosaurus.

Heck everything works except for my JP 1 Rex and that stupid JP 3 Spinosaurus.

14. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Holy shit. That was one of the boss fights in a JP arcade game I played a while back! It was so cool.

15. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Me too! That SEGA JP shoot'em up took so much from Chricton's Lost World. The Raptor bike chase is in there too. That's why I love it so much. Plus, it's a fun game.

If I had the cash to burn, that would be the first and only arcade machine I would buy to put in my house. I love that thing! Whenever I went to an arcade and they had it, I would play it until I ran out of tokens.

16. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

I still have the original T-rex...its awesome.

17. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

I forgot about those. Didn't they have electronic sound? I remember the bird one had the shittiest wings,they were two pieces only connected by a tiny pin.

18. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Yeah, the large Pteranodon and T-Rex are both electronic. I don't know how they work on the Pteranodon because I never got or remotely liked it, but on the rex, bumping the feet cause stomping effects, moving an arm opens his mouth in a roar, and pressing his dino damage causes a pained roar.

I've heard of all of those potential JP4 scripts before, with the exception of the "dinosaur disease" one. Which, honestly, sounds like such a boring film that I'm glad it's not the current incarnation.

19. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still have all my old jp dinosaurs and the command compound.Hope they make them that good this time if they're new molds.

20. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh man, that T-Rex with the movie accuate colours look amazing! I'm also curious to see what this new "T-rex" is.