Rumor: Disney to buy Hasbro

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by BenjaminXavier, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I find it amusing that you're complaining about TRU getting all the exclusives when that only causes one of two things:

1. Those exclusives will shelfwarm for a long, long time, meaning it's easy to get them within a very reasonable window past their release

Or

2. They sell out within seconds of restocking because they're popular.

Walmart usually is also good about at least having their exclusives available depending on stock levels, although the whole MP Skywarp debacle probably left a bitter taste in their mouths because he didn't sell nearly as well as hoped. Target...well, their exclusives over the past few lines haven't exactly been spectacular, the only "good" one I can even think of is Space Case and he was hard as hell to find due to being shortpacked in a wave of repaints of figures that kind of sucked.

Also, just saying, but simply because Disney has their own exclusive stores does not mean it would improve distribution. In fact, I think it would only make it worse if some figures were limited to those because I haven't seen a Disney store in years, much less in my immediate area, and I know that's true for many others as well.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Also, they'd have an incentive to reserve the best exclusives for themselves, which would defeat the purpose of using them in retailer negotiations in the first place.

3. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Definitely. There's not a single Disney store within a 800km radius of where I live, which is in the capital city of my state.

4. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

Rumor is debunked

Mods lock the thread plz

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    True. The closest near me is in Syracuse, New York and I live in Ottawa. Yeah the Disney store is a sweet store i wished they'd didn't close the one in the Rideau Shopping Centre.

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I think it had less to do with Hasbro/Disney and more to do with that other big event that happened on Tuesday. I mean, the whole market crashed. Not just Hasbro and Disney stocks.

7. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I never said what I don't want is useless. I detest the movieverse and Prime designs, I don't wish them to be discontinued though because of people who DO like and purchase them. What I DON'T want is toys who have their own line shoved into another line where the slots are finite.

As for the legends comment...

And the single packs were out in 2009, when Universe was fighting for shelfspace with shelfwarming Blackarachnias and Waspinators.

8. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Well-Known Member

LOL!

No I haven't. Fair play to you!

Also, looks like a lot of you guys have a different experience at TRU than I do. Last time I went in there to find the GDos, none were on the shelf and the scalper who works there actually approached me in the store while he was working and tried to peddle his ill gotten gains to me.

But I see your point if you have a scalper free tru.

9. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    how is it that this thread is still going on?? It has been confirmed as nothing but a rumor that was posted.

10. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good point. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.