RtS Voyagers at TJ Maxx as well as Ross

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Quixote_Prime, Jun 10, 2011.

1. MrSneis

MrSneis Build Giant Robot!

News Credits:
    OK, let's be real here. I don't know what the hell kinds of bills you guys are paying but "earning" $20-30 times a few times a week scalping these guys just doesn't cut it.

I don't get the logic, but oh well. I love the hunt myself.

2. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

good for most of you. Don't have any of those except Ross in hawaii. Hope Takara decides to re-release the United lines again. So want Rumble and Frenzy without giving both an arm and a leg.

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    No, because a handful of scalpers can't possibly get everything. A bro would have spotted the unwanted toys and reported it as evidence the hot stuff was there, at least.

4. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    A couple of dealers restocked, or are expecting to restock, Frenzy and Rumble this month.

5. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    ^ This.

Me and a friend have been successfully battling these scalpers on the north end of the town where I live since 2007 :D  Though, they've more or less resorted to going about their ways in the southern part of the town. Sometimes, it feels good to hear a known scalper say "Nah man, don't go up North.....you can't find sh*t up there!" :D 

6. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, you are thinking of the Botcon add-on pack exclusives, which a few Botcon attendies all puchase in large quanities to trade to a dealer at Botcon for store credit, and then the dealer sells them on ebay to the people who couldn't attend Botcon at double price.

7. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    You mean that the folks at Ross/TJMaxx/Marshall's keeping stock low? Seeing as they only get $5 a figure regardless, I can't see how that would possibly benefit them.

8. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sure some people who are selling Lugnut or Grapple for double and triple price online are enjoying the current shortage and high demand, but I don't think they can control that Hasbro has crappy distribution of the last wave. They may take advantage of the shortage, but they can't cause it. These days you can pretty much predict that the last wave of a TF line will be distributed badly of course.

People have to gamble if they want to buy an expensive one online, or wait and hope that the toys get better distribution at discount chains.

My local TJ Maxx had ONE Transformers in stock, and his name was Blazemaster.

9. terry981

Wait? Like who? Are they restocking United Wreck-Gar, Jazz, Tracks, and so forth as well?

10. feral prime

feral prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was at TJMAXX just a bit ago and they had the scout wave with insecticon in it. Does that mean that Windcharger had been there? I didnt see any Chopshops or such...

11. chapsy

chapsy Well-Known Member

scalpers make me sick. making (marginal)profit off of figures that honest collectors are actively searching for, or even worse, depriving kids of the figures they want, is bottom of the barrel as far as this hobby goes.
    that said, the only real thing you can do is beat them at their game(as best as you can anyways). Stay in touch with your local collectors on the sightings board, hide sought after items in inconspicuous places...shit, bend cards if need be.(although that might be pushing it)
    In most cases with the RTS/Generations line, I've resorted to ordering from places like HTS and BBTS, or using the classifieds here. I'm paying premiums and shipping yea, but compared to absurd scalper prices and wasting gas fruitlessy searching for toys, it's a small price.

12. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Grabbed a Lugnut and Grappel at TJmaxx. 9.99 is a sweet price.

13. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    Only thing I found was leader Starscream and Prime for $25 at Marshalls.

14. terry981

yeah, Scalpers kinda piss me off. If I was to make money, it only be for my time and gas. But nothing like Frenzy and Rumble United level. Or Henkei Ratchet, but looks like the jokes on them since we are getting a more accurate G1 Ratchet soon.

15. Badbatz

Badbatz New Member

Voyager RTS Tucson, AZ ROSS Sightings

Decided to go to Ross on my lunch break and low and behold, got myself a Grapple, Lugnut, and Strafe! Also picked up Deluxe Lockdown, Brawn, Red Rampage for 7.99.

16. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Thats not scalping. Henkei ratchet is expensive cause he is hard to find and is in high demand. Also only available in second market. You should read this article on TFWe, it may help bring some clarity.

17. btskillet

btskillet Yeah bro!

Ebay:
    rts voyagers

has anyone found these rts voyagers in Va??? i went looking and only found rts deluxes and legends....if anyone found these on the east cost???? if so what store are you finding these in. so i can direct my search to that store and not was time at other frachises. thank you for your help and guidence

18. SideSwipe75

SideSwipe75 G1 Fanatic

News Credits:
    Found Grapple, Strafe, and Lugnut here in Ky at Tj Maxx. Also picked up a wreck gar. The only other deluxes was G2 Prime. The scouts they had were the ones with oil pan in them. They also had all the rts legends.

19. BoBe-Patt

BoBe-Patt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Robot Kingdom has wreck gar restocked and I ordered two already. They had frenzy/rumble but sold out quick!

robotkingdom.com -- Online Toys Company

20. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nothing at our TJMaxx except for an Animated Skywarp and some deluxe movie stuff.