Rowan Atkinson (Mr Bean) gets a statue in Leicester

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by QLRformer, Feb 28, 2020.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Congratulations sir. Though I've come to appreicate Blackadder more as I've grown older, Mr Bean is still a wonderful silent comedy figure.

• Like Like x 9
  2. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Rowan Atkinson is definitely an icon of comedy. Well deserved.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

Cool, I loved him as Mr. Bean.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I love mr bean. I remember my first episode. I even dressed up as him once for Halloween.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

I never took to Bean (apart from the films, oddly), but I love Blackadder.

I can see Rowan Atkinson's house from my back garden. A bit too far away for photos beyond ("white line in the distance"), since we're on opposite sides of a valley, but I know he's there :) 

• Like Like x 2
  6. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I only ever knew him as Blackadder. Found Mr. Bean later... didn't really care for it... but that said it does show the range of his talent because when I saw Mr. Bean for the first time I didn't even realize he was the same person from Blackadder...

Though Season 1 Blackadder was a little goofier than in later seasons and you can kind of see a resemblance there but the more serious straight man version of Blackadder is way more memorable.

For anyone unfamiliar with Blackadder... Every season took place in a different decade in history so there are actually multiple Blackadders all played by the same actor but they're technically different characters who just happen to be related and share the same face/name. There's a few specials as well including one with a Blackadder who invents time travel and interacts with characters from every season, some times meeting other versions of himself directly other times other characters will just confuse him for his ancestor from their own time. It's pretty funny and also helps to explain why the same characters in different time periods every season.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

I prefer the later series over the original The Blackadder, at least partly because Blackadder and Baldrick switched as to who was the brains and who was the moron. Blackadder Back And Forth (the time travel one) was the last Blackadder made, done for the Millennium celebrations (and I think originally shown in the Millennium Dome). I was gutted when the end credits said "Black Adder Back & Forth 2 coming... Summer 3000" :( 

He was also great in Love Actually :) 

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    If you haven't, do yourself a favor and watch some of his live performances, his welcome to hell, how to date, etc. They're hilarious.

I know they can be found on YouTube, probably several different versions to boot.

• Like Like x 2