ROTTEN TOMATOES: Exclusive: Latest on Transformers 3 with Lorenzo di Bonaventura

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TM2 D-bot, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Neuco

Neuco Well-Known Member

I see what you did there. ;)  And I agree 100% with your train of thought.

2. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    I'd like to see an evil human first. Like someone said earlier, Unicron is way too final.

3. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

this thread fails cause its the same shit we heard about you can t do combiners and you cant do this and that wouldnt work in a movie.

THEY PUT BALLS ON DEVASTATOR

After that everyones opinion is shit if you ask me. They can do what ever they hell they want and people will buy it because its shiny and pretty.

The human element is just a cheap way of saying we like to get studio cred by saying we made this actor we worked with that actor. They could make humans the background character and I guarntee this movie would do no differant.

I personally dont like the minicons idea never did so I dont know why its directly associated with unicron since he was concieved several generations prior to them. Yes it would be wierd to have a robot human sized that couldnt possibly work in the movies ....... oh wait..... they did that already.

Personally I am tired of hearing reasons why they cant do something in a movie when you have a robot shooting stuff from his crotch as a weapon.

Lorenzo is a holly wood schill

4. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Didn't read every post--mostly the first page and a bit of this last one. But here are my thoughts

I'm also not keen on bringing Unicron into the story. Not because it sacrifices the HUMAN characters, (still too many of those little squishy buggers) but because it makes the TRANSFORMERS seem insignificant. And you'd need nothing short of a dues-ex to get out of it.

The "mini-cons" wouldn't be the worst concept...if they combined the power-up/plug-in concept with maybe the Targetmaster/Powermaster concept, or something along those lines. Armors, or just some 'power-pack' attachment would be fine. So long as they don't turn into minicars and out-of-scale jets and crap.

I'd like Jhiaxus to show up. Although it might feel a bit of a "Fallen" repeat. Still, the interesting point this time is it'd create a third group similar to G2. (though I don't want them to replicate that particular story/premise/history/etc.) Now, this might make a more complicated story (the less humans, though, the easier it'd be), but it would make for a much more interesting tale than "Oh no! Look! It's Unicron! He'll eat us! Spend the next hour looking for the one thing that can stop him! Which happens to be on Earth! AGAIN!"

Or something.