Heavy/Scratch: ROTF Voyager Scrapper (Near Done)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Spoiler, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Vincymon

Vincymon Well-Known Member

Just compared this concept photo to the updates . This is truly an amazing custom !

The O.P should post a youtube video to show how it transforms. PLEASE

2. jetfire4321

jetfire4321 Banned

not so fast you also need to retool the head

3. hippymule

hippymule Duocon

the more I look the more I want to see it finished!

4. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    das neat

5. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    To the legends figure...kinda. But, the more I look at it, it just doesn't seem as aggressive as the concept pic. I have all the figures listed otherwise, maybe I can do some "test fittings" and take comparison pics.

6. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    I definitely think Bonecrusher or just re-tool Rampage's head a little bit. But none the less, this is one kick ass custom!

7. guillo

guillo Well-Known Member

it certainly is heading forward to the original concept, just a couple of observations that might be helpfull to archieve an amazing look

the right arm would look more accurate if you add some black to it and a different hand
    if you are able to scuplt a head or find something different for it will look awesome
    try to find a couple of rims from any car, cut them and attach them to the shoulder (as long as they dont mess with the transformation of course)

beside that I think you are accomplishing something unique, I would love to display something like that with my own small creation
    [​IMG]

8. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I will be adding black to that arm. The hand though. It all depends on how much more I intend on putting into this. I mean, myself and Jane split a Supreme devy so we could get our parts. I have to see what I can work out with this first.

I'm sure I can find the rims, I just have to see if they will effect the transformation or not.

Plain and simple, this has been a fun little project. And I do appretiate all the kind remarks about it.

9. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    "it certainly is heading forward to the original concept, just a couple of observations that might be helpfull to archieve an amazing look

the right arm would look more accurate if you add some black to it and a different hand
    if you are able to scuplt a head or find something different for it will look awesome
    try to find a couple of rims from any car, cut them and attach them to the shoulder (as long as they dont mess with the transformation of course)

beside that I think you are accomplishing something unique, I would love to display something like that with my own small creation "

Wow! That's reallyy unique!! Small, & dwarf like but amazingly matching the concept art!!

10. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Maybe I can use the ROTF Robot Heroes Rampage head...

[​IMG]

:lolol 

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    If found this toy, it's just the vehicle, would be nice to have one.. (click on link)

CAT 992G

Attached Files:

12. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Tried to do some test head fitting last night. Didn't work out so well, because Rampage has a huge ass ball joint peg, that doesn't fit the BC head or the Brawn head. So, until I get a scrap BC head, I am not gonna change it for the moment.

Also, started to hand paint him yesterday, the paint isn't coming out as even as I'd like. Plus, the yellow I have is looking a bit too bright. So I am gonna pick up a new yellow that's a little darker, and try to airbrush him. From there, I will hand paint the details.

13. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You might still try to use the light yellow & once you paint in the splatters & dirt find that it's a great shade. If you have your doubts, try drybrushing either white or a pale mix of the current shade of yellow.

Most of these utility vehicles are a very pale yellow, due to the fading from being out in the sun all day...

14. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    That is another idea I was having. I do a lot of weathering on some of my costume props, and I figured if it comes down to it, I can do that method to the color I have now. I may even just go with that instead of airbrushing. I am not sure yet.

Very indecisive on the painting for this. It makes it a little easier and faster to airbrush the main color and add the details after.

15. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Well, looks like my decision has been made. My airbrush went berserk last night and wouldn't spray any paint...so, looks like I will be hand painting!

16. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Incredible work! I really like this one.

17. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Know what time it is? Update time. Fresh coat of paint, and weathering have been applied. Updated the bottom of first post!

18. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    this update just took my breath away....

What a satisfaction it must bring to ya knowing you are one of the few people to actually own a Voyager Scrapper!! and to have build it.... priceless!

It's bugging me a bit not to see rampage Red next to his brothers in hish jack-hammer mode... but largely due to the filM. :dj 

19. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I do have a red Rampage, not the official release, but the Rampage I repainted months ago. I can take that pic...if I can recall how to make him look like the jackhammer.

20. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    cool, take a pic when you can... it would be EPIC. :thumb