ROTF Voyager Megatron vs. ROTF Voyager The Fallen

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Geewun1, Nov 11, 2009.

?

ROTF Voyager Megatron or ROTF Voyager The Fallen

1. Megatron

40 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. The Fallen

20 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geewun1

Geewun1 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone!

At the moment I am torn about an upcoming purchase. Based on the title of this topic, it does not take a genius to figure out about which ones I am talking. Specifically, I just want to get one good Decepticon Voyager from the ROTF movie-line that was actually in the movie (so no Bludgeon or Mindwipe) in addition to Mixmaster (which I already owe).

So, I am wondering if people would be willing to offer some opinions and advice about the pro's and con's of each figure. Specifically, I am interested in hearing about posability, fan-mode possibilities, and durability (is it a figure that you pick up frequently and enjoy transforming etc. for a number of times).

Many thanks in advance for everyone's help!! :) 

2. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

megs is sweet i love him and you can do alot with him. the falken is ok but mine had this thing were parts would just fall off and not just when tfing him.

3. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    The fallen toy sucks. I transformed it once because the transformation AND the alt mode suck. IT is more of a display figure than a Transformer due to the crap alt mode which sucks more because his head is between his shoulders and his legs are out of proportion. Doesn't even look good on display nor was that alt mode even in the movie. Returned him.

Voyager megs on the other hand is a cool toy, I really like the movie accurate gun/claw arm. If you pop out the pin to remove the backpack he is even more movie accurate and still transformable as it pegs into his legs in tank mode.

Go with Megatron, he is much cooler and you will have a Megatron toy.

4. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I really dislike most movie toys but I think ROTF voyager Megs looks pretty good. If he wasn't so monochromatic and had some actual hands I would've probably purchased one. Nothing about the Fallen really speaks to me.

5. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Long Haul?

6. GMfan101

GMfan101 The Smooth Operator

News Credits:
    I don't have Megatron, touched it once. Own the Fallen, and I voted for Megatron.

Nuff said.

7. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Megatron hands down.

8. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Megatron. The Fallen is a cool toy and all, but Megatron is just superior in almost every way imaginable.

9. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megs.

10. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I like The Fallen, I really do. The robot mode is pretty accurate and it serves as an excellent depiction of the character (if only it came with his staff!). However, points really do have to be take away for the absolutely awful alt mode devised only so that he could be sold as part of the transforming main line of figures. It's a nothing mode. I have said it before and will again here: IT IS JUST THE ROBOT DOING YOGA! Which, in of itself isn't bad, except that it looks like The Fallen doing yoga rather than any "alien jet".

Megatron, despite his backpack in robot mode, at least turns into something. He's pretty accurate and looks very menacing with that brilliant pincer arm.

11. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    long haul

12. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    The Fallen lacks a little in posability because of his ankles and knees. Go if you just basing it on posability, I'd say Megatron is the one you want.

The Fallen has a pretty blah alt mode. So if your basing it on alt mode, I'd say Megatron is the one you want.

If you want a transformer that looks cool sitting on a shelf, the Fallen is the one you'd want in my opinion.

But if you want the best Voyager from the movie, I'd say Long Haul. He's the second best voyager of the year among all the sublines, next to Inferno.

13. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Fallen

superior articulation, cleaner robot mode and won't be getting a even better version in next movie.

14. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

I have said it before and I will say it again...

Jet Mode
    [​IMG]
    The choice is clear.

15. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Like many have said time and again, Fallen sucks while Voyager Megatron is great.

16. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

The Fallen doesn't suck at all. Personally, I like Voyager Megs better, but in robot mode The Fallen is pretty bad a$$ looking. There's zero kibble. He died in the movie, so unless they make a Leader class, this is might be the only Fallen there is (talking mold--I'm sure they'll paint it 17 different colors and sell them with cute new names, like that "Burning" Target version). He's a pretty key character in the movie, so it's a good one to have. Megs is too, but there are 10 different movie Megs between the first and second, and the third will have more. If you're going to get just one,.. you probably already have some version of Megs, so add another character.

Tough call if you're only getting one. If Long Haul worked his way into this decision, I'd give him my vote like some of these other guys have. Fun toy.

17. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's the biggest argument going for the fallen.

We'll get new Megatrons every god damn year, the fallen... not so much.

18. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Voyager Megatron is worth having. There's no telling what the future holds, but it's simply the best representation of movieverse Megatron to date. The sculpt is top notch. It's really sharp and slick.

The Fallen is a key character in the movie, but he's probably not coming back. As a transformer fan, all I can say is the design does nothing for me. It might as well be from a live-action Bionicle movie. It's quite a stretch for me to even think of it as a Transformer, and lets face it, he doesn't transform.

Another ROTF Voyager worth a look is Starscream. It has some of the most impressive engineering I've ever seen in a Hasbro figure. Some people will skip it because they already have the previous movie figure, or are waiting for the Leader class. But it's an incredible piece of work just the same.

There seems to be quite a push on Voyager figures this year. Keep an eye out, you may be able to get some at very good discounts.

19. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megs. That voyager is the best movie-line voyager ever. The poses you can get and the overall quality of the toy is magnificent. The only drawback might be his immense shell on his back, but I found a way to arrange it to my personal tastes.

20. Geewun1

Geewun1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the recommendations!!

Long Haul was never an option for me, because I didn't like how the toy represented the movie figure. There just seems to be something "off" about it. In additon, the considerable amount of modifications necessary to bring the two somewhat closer together in terms of overall aethetic are too much for someone without experience.

Also, someone brought up that Voyager Meg's would be a good addition to my collection if I didn't have one already. That's true. My collection is, thus far, limited to 2 Universe figures (Sideswipe and Prowl), 3 figures from the first movie (Brawl, Jazz, and Bonecrusher, which were in a single box), and 12 figures from the ROTF line, but does not include Megatron. In addition, I have a big box of G1 toys, in which Megatron isn't represented either. So,when I'll buy Voyager Megs, it will be my first toy of that character.

Lastly, I want to thank AndreyOfDoom for suggesting to remove the pin holding Voyager Megs "backpack", because that was the one thing I had against that toy after view Peaugh's review several times. I just had no idea what to do with that kibble of his and it kinda put me off about purchasing this figure. Is the removal of such a pin easy to do??

But again, thanks for all the comments and advice! I hope I'll be able to add it to my collection soon! :) 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.